GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a loose cannon. I'm sure her lawyers would like for her to shut her mouth. Her attempt at trying her own case directly to the judge today re: the state, and speaking over her own attorneys, is a prime example of why they don't want her on the stand. I hope they don't convince her to change her mind so she can just plunge ahead boldly to indict herself with her big mouth.

Sorry for just blurting this out, since y'all aren't currently talking about it, but I didn't realize that Donald was in their wedding. To me, that makes him even more compelling. I've been in quite a few weddings over the years, and I just can't imagine having to testify about or against any of those people. If you're close enough to them for them to ask you to be a part of that event, then it has to be really difficult to sit in front of them and testify against them. I fully believe he saw what he said he saw, even if I don't want to believe it. Even if it made the Elvis family (and all of us) cry or want to puke or have our hearts feel like they stopped. I truly believe him. 100%.

@Surfside

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!! :D :D

hahaha@spoilers..you sure do!!

ETA...Oh heck, I can't even remember who was called and when..I've been on a high for a while now!!
bliss-smiley.gif

This is so exciting for me.:)
Hope we won't be disappointed.
Guess I have a boring life, unlike TM.:):):)

<modsnip - quoted post and reference to it removed>

Sorry for just blurting this out, since y'all aren't currently talking about it, but I didn't realize that Donald was in their wedding. To me, that makes him even more compelling. I've been in quite a few weddings over the years, and I just can't imagine having to testify about or against any of those people. If you're close enough to them for them to ask you to be a part of that event, then it has to be really difficult to sit in front of them and testify against them. I fully believe he saw what he said he saw, even if I don't want to believe it. Even if it made the Elvis family (and all of us) cry or want to puke or have our hearts feel like they stopped. I truly believe him. 100%.

I didn't know that, but given his age, he was probably a ring bearer or jr. groom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, her definition of an open marriage is pretty closed. And her denials of jealousy don't ring true, IMO. Plus it seems like SM was/is basically her puppet, IMO.

ETA: I'm hoping NL pisses TM off so much that TM spills everything.

But, if the Defense, only ask TM a couple of questions on certain topics or events, is the State permitted to Cross, on other topics, not related to those asked by the Defense.
Could this be a fizzle?:(:(:(
So hope I am not going back to bed, at 5.30 AM.:(

I didn't know that, but given his age, he was probably a ring bearer or jr. groom.
He said it at the very beginning of his testimony. I was thinking ring bearer too, since he's 25 and everybody keeps saying they've been together 20 years. Of course, I don't know when they got married during those 20 years, but I feel like he was probably young regardless.

But, if the Defense, only ask TM a couple of questions on certain topics or events, is the State permitted to Cross, on other topics, not related to those asked by the Defense.
Could this be a fizzle?:(:(:(
So hope I am not going back to bed, at 5.30 AM.:(
This a concern, hope she can't stay on script and the State let's her run her mouth without objection. In fact her own defense attorney may be the ones that need to object!

One thing I caught listening to Donald's testimony again... so he stated he saw the photo while he was hanging out with Sidney and Sidney was smoking cigarettes. Didn't they say that they found cigarette butts at the landing as well but it wasn't confirmed whether or not he actually smoked cigarettes?

I can't imagine that SM would be stupid enough to show a third party any evidence of Heather's capture, or any harm that came to her, but neither does this witness seem to be lying. The only thing he gets out of this is having his history displayed and used to diminish him and his testimony, and TM's revenge. What would be the point?

If he did see a picture and Heather couldn't walk or talk, I realize he's likely referring to her being deceased, but could this also mean she was bound/otherwise restrained?

If this picture testimony is true, it's clear why SM did not roll on TM. And never will.

One reason I believe TM’s cousin’s testimony about the cell phone photo of HE is b/c by testifying, he puts himself in potential danger. It’s been almost five years since TM & SM “allegedly” disappeared Heather. If they are released from custody, what’s to stop either or both from going after people who testified for the prosecution?
The cousin must be very bothered by the photo (as would any of us) & feel strongly about helping bring about earthly justice, in order to put himself into a potentially dangerous position by testifying. It makes a lot of sense what someone said a few posts back about how the cousin wanted to testify since he himself became a father to a little girl. He appears to have a compassionate heart.

If he did see a picture and Heather couldn't walk or talk, I realize he's likely referring to her being deceased, but could this also mean she was bound/otherwise restrained?
RSBM: That's what I was thinking - that she was maybe bound and gagged. I don't know why, but it seemed like Nancy was avoiding that terminology. I realize she was trying to avoid asking him to speculate on whether Heather was alive, but the term "bound and gagged" is not only well known, it paints a vivid picture that I think the jury needed to see in their collective mind's eye. Plus it reeks of kidnapping.

One thing I caught listening to Donald's testimony again... so he stated he saw the photo while he was hanging out with Sidney and Sidney was smoking cigarettes. Didn't they say that they found cigarette butts at the landing as well but it wasn't confirmed whether or not he actually smoked cigarettes?
I had to pause Donald's testimony, so I haven't gotten to the cigarette part. I do know that they talked about butts at the landing to other witnesses though. When I heard that, I wasn't sure why they were going on and on about it. That landing has cigarette butts all over the place all the time. Always has. Just thought I'd mention that.

I wonder if TM will now have her hair done really well, and wear suitable makeup.
Will she wear a smart, tailored suit, to look professional?
Perhaps, as it appears to her, her reputation is in tatters, will she try to project a 'well groomed, sensible woman'?
She may even answer politely, and not 'over react' to any questions.
Surely she has been advised, and she will provide us with her 'new performance'.
MOO.

@jash, thank you for posting this photo in the old thread. It punched me right in the throat, and makes me want to hug them so much, but I really appreciate getting to see such a powerfully touching and loving moment.

Attachments

• Elvis Hands.jpg
    Elvis Hands.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics