AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't remember hearing this either. I hear ppl say it was her phone and the phone was gone but unless I missed it the sheriff nor any other legit source has said that.
I would think they do have the phone. Since the call ended four minutes before they got there I think the perp discovered that she made the call, or that someone made the call and he got out of there fast. Why would he or they take the phone? Or let her take the phone? This also makes me think he had no previous contact with her or he would have destroyed it. Jmo

Yes.
There's always the weird fascination of the guilty party or someone with info to come to events like this.
If it's small enough, they probably wouldn't chance it, tho it's happened plenty of times before.
jmo
Chi
ETA I am in no way encouraging anyone to go to that meeting except for those invited
In my amateur opinion, the town hall meeting is a brilliant move. Pure genius. And those of you who know what happens during victim searches and memorial services know why.

Brilliant.

2 shots with very little time between them and 2 parents both shot but found a ways apart in house. Sounds like at least one of them lived/moved around some after being shot and possibly made the 911 call. If the background sound was just a commotion it could have been parent collapsing onto floor. I sure wish we could hear that 911 call.

Sorry, I didn't understand him to mean he's confident she's alive. moo
Yes, and that's exactly why I listened to that part of the presser enough times to get his full answer. After seeing the tweet my first thought was that if the sheriff believed "100%" that Jayme was alive it would imply they had evidence of it, and by that I mean, well, that she was somehow involved. His exact words:

Sheriff responded "100%... 100% we want to bring Jayme home and put that smile back in her family's hands."

He did not say LE knew 100% that she's alive. It was in answer to a reporter asking if the search was still about bringing home an alive Jayme (as opposed to a recovery effort).

Yes.
There's always the weird fascination of the guilty party or someone with info to come to events like this.
If it's small enough, they probably wouldn't chance it, tho it's happened plenty of times before.
jmo
Chi
ETA I am in no way encouraging anyone to go to that meeting except for those invited

BBM above.
I agree with you, Chi. Too many times we have later learned a perpetrator(s) re-visited the area around the scene, attended memorial services or made a statement to the media.

My first thought when the sheriff announced the town hall meeting was if they think it may be possible the perpetrator(s) will attend. I have no doubt law enforcement will be paying close attention to the attendees.

That's what I'm trying to process. There are a number of possibilities, but I think the sequence of shots and dad dead near the front door is telling us something, still trying to figure that out.....
I want to hear LE confirm how many gunshot wounds. I know the neighbors heard two, but if shots were fired from inside the house with doors closed it’s likely a neighbor in a house at that distance wouldn’t hear a thing.

Last edited:
Do we know that it was an iphone? Asking because I have Verizon but not an iphone and have never seen this request on my account/phone. Looking now I still can't find it.

I didn't say they have an iPhone, I was merely giving an example from my own phone. Yes it is required by the FCC for any phone that uses WiFi calling per the Verizon Wireless website:

Wi Fi Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Why do I need to set up an address to use Calling on Verizon Messages (Message+) or Wi-Fi Calling?

In order to offer voice service over the internet, Verizon is required by the FCC to support 911 calls and collect a registered location to enable the service. By registering an address, you’re providing information that determines how your 911 call will be routed. This information will be provided to emergency services if you’re unable to report your physical location. The address will also be used if you call 911 with the Verizon Messages (Message+) app or if you use Wi-Fi Calling in an area or location where cellular service isn’t available. This information isn't used for billing or other purposes. Whenever possible, use your phone to call 911 in an emergency and give the 911 operator your location.

The neighbor JS told Ashleigh Banfield that Jayme would get dropped off at home by the school bus each afternoon.

This may be of interest to those who were discussing Jayme switching schools, with a possible reason being that her 'family caretaker' may have provided her transportation to and from school.

jmo

The Sheriff said that they believe she was in the house at the time of the 911 call.
He said they believe she was in the house at the time of the shooting based on evidence they obtained, some of which came from the 911 call. So technically, she could have been out of the house when the call was made.

All four recent cases have threads now:
WI - WI - Klay Burnett, 15, Ashland, 21 July 2018
WI - WI - Heather Johnson, 17, Beldenville, 20 Mar 2018
WI - WI - Kaitlynn Hawkins, 16, Stoughton, 10 Oct 2018
WI - WI - Aaron Morris, 16, White Lake, 20 Apr 2018

I will work on the 40 cold cases more later tonight (I believe most of those have threads).

Wisconsin peeps, as you think about Jayme, please also be on the look out for the missing in the threads above. Some of the above may be runaway teens but they are also missing and need to come home. You can help solve a missing case just by being aware of the people around you and spreading the word on social media.

Let's bring all the missing home and bring Jayme back to her family too.

:)

You are such a kind hearted , compassionate and committed person Gardener - Thankyou

Can someone clarify if they said they know Jayme was in the house at the time of the 911 call or at the time of the shooting?
He said, "We believe Jayme was home based on the evidence in our case, some of it from that 911 call and some of it is still part of the active investigation and we are not able to comment on why we believe that."

I agree totally.

Because everyday someone goes missing or gets killed in a big urban city with 1000s of neighbors living in the same apartment complex and nobody seen nor heard nothing.

Then most of the people continue on their day like nothing happened.

But atleast these rural areas show support and help anyway they can for 1 of their own. I respect that and feel they take it most personally themselves even if they didn't actually know the family.

So thank you for the reminder.

Agree completely, Dexter. Plus, big city LE departments may have more experience dealing with daily street crime but a quick scroll through the very long list of missing persons cases on Websleuths will show that these crimes happen everywhere, often in small towns. The FBI runs a national network of trained rapid-response teams that are quickly deployed to assist in cases across the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288