Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider

Kerry Winter

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/
attachment.php

Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario's Minister of Health and Long Term Care, tweeted: "I am beyond words right now. My dear friends Barry and Honey Sherman have been found dead. Wonderful human beings, incredible philanthropists, great leaders in health care. A very, very sad day. Barry, Honey, rest in peace."

Mr. Feldman said family members had told him that Mr. Sherman had not been at work on Thursday, and that no one had heard from his wife that day, either.
"We don't know what happened. A family member got information and called me. … We don't want to interfere with a police investigation, but on the other hand the kinfolk want to know about their kinfolk."
An Apotex spokesperson said they had just learned the news and would not be commenting immediately.

Attachments

• ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...sherman-hated-his-wife-and-wanted-her-whacked
[h=1]WARMINGTON: Cousin cruelly claims Barry Sherman 'hated his wife' and wanted her 'whacked'[/h]
Family and friends close to slain Honey and Barry Sherman call a British tabloid’s suggestion the billionaire murdered his wife before killing himself “outrageous, false and disgusting.”

They were responding to an exclusive story in the Daily Mail that quotes a relative — who once tried to sue Barry Sherman for $1-billion — saying the Apotex founder had previously wanted his wife dead.
“Every word in the story is a depraved and cruel lie,” she said. “It’s despicable.”

Others close to the Shermans said the “bizarre, cheap and fictional” claims come out of a desire for “revenge” and “profit.”

“Barry loved Honey more than anything and any suggestion he didn’t, or would harm her, is pathetic,” one close friend said.

Hi Everyone,

Kerry Winter is now verified in Barry and Honey's case.

As always, please treat Kerry Winter with respect.

Remember Kerry Winter does not need to provide links to his posts and it's up to you whether to believe what Kerry Winter posts or not.

Thank you

ADMIN NOTE:

Barry and Honey Sherman and their family are victims.

We are always very fortunate to have an insider join us and become a Verified Insider. We have a bit of a unique situation here with our VI also being related to Barry and Honey Sherman, and being very candid about their family history and feelings toward both the Shermans.

Regardless of Kerry's feelings, he is still related to the victims, and as with any and all VIs and family members, please be respectful in all your questions to them and comments about them.

At all times, please keep in mind our usual policy as it relates to how you communicate with our VI, and in your comments about the Shermans.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Satchie wrote on thread #8: !!
It's not remotely funny, but this suggested theory cracks me up. "Your honour, my client is no murderer.
I have suggested and believe that after my cousin murdered Honey, a number of hours passed before he took his life.
Honey was killed somewhere else in the house, her body was moved to the pool area. Obviously, dead prior to the belt.
I also believe that he had help moving her body and “staging” the suicide pact: which was his intention....make it look like 2 lovers ending their lives together.
Still....no reward money offered by the Sherman family?!?!

I have a sense that no reward has been posted by the Family or the TPS, because the TPS has a pretty good idea what really happened and have some real leads to follow. They may even have specific suspect(s) and are in the evidence gathering mode.

Of course the TPS know it was a double murder, and likely know the motive.

The TPS is very good at keeping investigations tightly contained and 'under-wraps' which is why there have been so few leaks. As well I believe this was an extremely well-planned murder and it will take the TPS a long time to unravel the details and complexities.

My opinion only.

It's not remotely funny, but this suggested theory cracks me up. "Your honour, my client is no murderer.
I have suggested and believe that after my cousin murdered Honey, a number of hours passed before he took his life.
Honey was killed somewhere else in the house, her body was moved to the pool area. Obviously, dead prior to the belt.
I also believe that he had help moving her body and “staging” the suicide pact: which was his intention....make it look like 2 lovers ending their lives together.
The mystery of the strangled billionaires
In an unpublished 1996 memoir, Barry Sherman wrote he had "always been very conscious of my personal mortality".
His unfinished musings only became public because of a court case . They revealed a man with strong beliefs - that there is no God, free will is an illusion, and life has "no meaning or purpose".
But Sherman thought these memoirs may one day be of interest to others - a "perhaps arrogant belief", he wrote.
Now, the text offers some insight into a couple whose mysterious deaths have captured worldwide interest and left those who knew them grief-stricken and dumbfounded.

The mystery of the strangled billionaires
In an unpublished 1996 memoir, Barry Sherman wrote he had "always been very conscious of my personal mortality".
His unfinished musings only became public because of a court case . They revealed a man with strong beliefs - that there is no God, free will is an illusion, and life has "no meaning or purpose".
But Sherman thought these memoirs may one day be of interest to others - a "perhaps arrogant belief", he wrote.
Now, the text offers some insight into a couple whose mysterious deaths have captured worldwide interest and left those who knew them grief-stricken and dumbfounded.

In reading the memoir, it’s seems the phrase “life has no meaning or purpose” has often been taken out of context. He wrote that phrase in support of his atheist views to suggest he believed there is no such thing as a predestined path nor is there a God who’s responsible for any one person’s “meaning or purpose” in life, instead each person is solely accountable for their own actions. Which is a reason why he’d be “very conscious” of his own personal mortality. JMO

So if you truly believe all that, what’s the significance of no reward offered by the family? You’ve mention lack of reward money several times but what I don’t understand is, according to your theory, if a reward was offered nobody would collect it anyway, so.....???

Kerry, these are your suggestions and beliefs.

You also believe its a M/S. TPS says otherwise.

Why would the TPS offer a reward when they are still busy investigating the murders?

Just curious.

In reading the memoir, it’s seems the phrase “life has no meaning or purpose” has often been taken out of context. He wrote that phrase in support of his atheist views to suggest he believed there is no such thing as a predestined path nor is there a God who’s responsible for any one person’s “meaning or purpose” in life, instead each person is solely accountable for their own actions. Which is a reason why he’d be “very conscious” of his own personal mortality. JMO
Barry Sherman: ruthless tycoon who revolutionized Canada drug industry
An obituary in The Globe and Mail recalled Sherman's reflections on life, writing that there is no God, no free will, no altruism and no morality.

"I find no inconsistency in holding intellectually that life has no meaning, while at the same time being highly motivated to survive and to achieve," he said.

.... and IF not able to achieve further and to survive as a free (and not disgraced) man, then his own life would have no meaning for him any more ...... maybe, an atheist would think in a specific situation.

Maybe, this situation had never been given, Idk.

An obituary in The Globe and Mail recalled Sherman's reflections on life, writing that there is no God, no free will, no altruism and no morality.

"I find no inconsistency in holding intellectually that life has no meaning, while at the same time being highly motivated to survive and to achieve," he said.

.... and IF not able to achieve further and to survive as a free (and not disgraced) man, then his own life would have no meaning for him any more ...... maybe, an atheist would think in a specific situation.

What facts indicate Barry wasn’t unable to achieve further or that he was disgraced and what connection does that have to the double homicide? Nothing I’ve noticed, in fact quite the opposite —

Apotex Vice-Chairman Jack Kay recalled spending long hours working side-by-side with Barry Sherman, becoming good friends over the course of more than 30 years in business together.

"(Barry) was a teddy bear in real life, with the mind of a steel trap and the stubbornness of a bull," Kay said. "We would tell each other that we would live to 120 ... which he later amended to 150 as in his words, ' there was too much to be done."'

Thousands of mourners gather to pay tribute to Barry and Honey Sherman

Two very important points you are missing here:

Being an Atheist just means you do not believe in ANY God. Not that you wish you were dead or have no purpose in life.

The writings you are quoting from were written many, many years ago and had no bearing on recent times. The quotes from those who knew him best, i.e. his children and Jack Kay give much more credence to the fact that BS had a lot to live for, years to go in business and no signs of depression as I think you may be trying to plant in peoples' mind.

What facts indicate Barry wasn’t unable to achieve further or that he was disgraced and what connection does that have to the double homicide? Nothing I’ve noticed, in fact quite the opposite —
What I said and quoted is only relevant, IF it was a M/S (no double murder) and BS saw no other solution after his possible rage and a possible strangling of HS than to take his own life. It would have needed no depression and no religious or ethically concerns by him, because he had his own views about life and death. It would have needed courage only. Maybe at the moment (of suicide) he would have regretted, that he was not in the position to achieve his further goals. IMO and only IF it was M/S, which Idk.

Being an Atheist just means you do not believe in ANY God. Not that you wish you were dead or have no purpose in life.
I don't think, BS had been depressive and I don't think, he wanted to be dead.
Perhaps he regarded life and death more objectively than anyone else who would be guided by religious or moral feelings.
His life had a purpose for himself, but he knew, he in no way would reach the age of 120 years, not even if he wanted it (at the side of his friend JU). IMO of course.

Barry was a scientist, and I think it is accurate to say that most scientists are atheists, and believe in evolution over a "god" to explain where we came from. He had no respect for religion or it's control over humans. Taking snippets of his philosophical quotes from his unfinished memoir "Legacy of Thoughts" is bound to result in taking his reasoning out of context, as Misty has noted.

For those who haven't read his unfinished memoir, please take a few minutes to do so. (link below). I certainly got a sense of where he was coming from when he wrote this years ago. He was a skeptic and seemed to equate human behaviour to the most basic animalistic drives. He was a very interesting and complex genius who was driven to succeed. Honestly, I can't imagine him ever having the depth of emotions to either commit murder or suicide. jmo

A Legacy Of Thoughts by Bernard C. Sherman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members