AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I do think that if he kicked in the door, or if he shot the husband immediately as he opened the door, it would give the appearance of the perpetrator “shooting the door in.” So I’m a bit leery of that scenario.

Whatever method this guy used to make entry, tells us a lot about this crime, and the type of person who may have committed it.

If the door was indeed shot in, then both the husband and the wife would have had to answer it, as the neighbor said that the two shots were one after another. It would be odd for both parents to answer the door, unless their daughter was out late that night.

So this is the intersection they are searching. Seems odd.

Ok upon looking at more closely. The southeast corner appears to have a cornfield. It is plowed over in the photo and on the maps. But with that said, Wisconsin has been getting insane amounts of rain and the farmers are very behind on the fall harvest and prep for spring. Anyone local know if the cornfield has been harvested yet?

What makes you think drugs? Any specific reason other than just a guess?

I get the sense that this was a chaotic and not very well planned crime. To me, it feels like an out of control person on drugs. And if drugs are involved, then all reason and “does this make sense” goes out the window. As for why not use the gun on this poor little girl, that’s what I mean— he maybe didn’t know she was there, and didn’t have his gun loaded, or he had emptied the gun on the parents and was out of bullets— who knows.

A lot of shotguns (I’m going out on a limb and guessing shotgun, since neighbor described a “big” sounding gun) don’t hold many bullets. They commonly hold only 3 bullets. If the perp was panicked and wanted to get out of there, it may have seemed faster to just throw her in the car and speed off, rather than mess with killing her knowing the police were on the way.

The neighbor next door to the Closs family, JS, told Ashleigh Banfield on last night's broadcast that she was awake at the time of the gunshots.
jmo
Thank you. Gosh, the discrepancies in reporting! Other articles quoted her as saying she woke up and looked at her clock... :confused:o_O

Ok upon looking at more closely. The southeast corner appears to have a cornfield. It is plowed over in the photo and on the maps. But with that said, Wisatep for spring. Anyone local know if the cornfield has been harvested yet?
This is what I was talking about last night- there is a gravel road between two cornfields behind their house (through the woods), and supposedly, there is a tower there.

So this is the intersection they are searching. Seems odd.

I suspect they just selected that spot as a staging and parking area. If they wanted to search the property around the house, they wouldn't direct volunteers that direction because 1) it would contaminate the scene and 2) there's nowhere to park. My guess is they're meeting at one spot and then shuttling to the search area, with volunteers leaving their cars at the meeting area.

Ok upon looking at more closely. The southeast corner appears to have a cornfield. It is plowed over in the photo and on the maps. But with that said, Wisconsin has been getting insane amounts of rain and the farmers are very behind on the fall harvest and prep for spring. Anyone local know if the cornfield has been harvested yet?
How far is this from the house?

where was this mentioned? i wasn't able to watch the PC yesterday. Not challenging you, I'm just curious because every article I've read has said that at least Joan was woken up by the shot.
If someone hasn't already answered, I believe that the neighbors being awake and hearing the shots came out of Ashleigh Banfield interviews. Either the interview via phone with the neighbors or the interview with the Sheriff.

Y’all, the sheriff asked volunteers to show up and meet at the intersection. That doesn’t mean they’re necessarily searching there. It’s likely a meeting point from which they’ll spread out to wherever.

“One hundred volunteers are needed and should report to the intersection of State Highway 8 and 16th Street at 2:00 p.m. in the City of Barron. Barron County officials will be there to greet you.”

If the door was indeed shot in, then both the husband and the wife would have had to answer it, as the neighbor said that the two shots were one after another. It would be odd for both parents to answer the door, unless their daughter was out late that night.
The neighbor said the shots were in quick succession. This doesn’t necessarily mean that both of them answered the door though.

It’s a small house, he would have located the wife within seconds. She may have shadowed her husband to the door, and made things even easier for the killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288