AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, JC needed someone to pick her up after school and stay with her, take her afterschool activities, make dinner, etc. If her parents are both working, she might have needed to stay with someone until her parents got off work.

We really don't know what role the "caretaker" did.

jmo
Right. I’m just saying that a “Family Caretaker” is like an actual official thing. The article that used that phrase really should not have

It could be that the shots heard by the neighbor were from the initial entry into the house. Father shot twice by the door from perp standing at the threshold of the door. This would account for "multiple shell casings" being reported before the report came in of the mom being found. Perp enters house, rounds up mom and Jayme. At that point a number of things could have happened. Finally call to 911 made, perp notices this, ends call and ,realizing he is out of time, shoots mom and leaves with Jayme. The shooting of the mom occurred deep in the house and was not heard by neighbor.
Yeah. My issue with that is the incredible risk of hanging around for something like 20 minutes.

In a blitz style attack like this appears to be, the perpetrator(s) wants to be in and out as quickly as possible. The louder the entry, the more likely your discovery, and the faster you need to get out of there.

That house was tiny, and it doesn’t make it likely or necessary to spend that type of time there.

That’s why I’m so skeptical of the timing of those gunshots.

I wonder if there was any conflict at the gathering that afternoon.
It doesn't sound like it, but all we have is what Jayme's grandfather observed.

Jayme’s grandfather, 72-year-old RN, said nothing seemed amiss at the family gathering that Jayme and her mother attended Sunday afternoon. He said Jayme’s father was at work at the time. James and Denise Closs were longtime employees at the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, which has a hatchery and processing plant.

RN, Denise Closs’ father, told the Associated Press on Tuesday that Jayme “was quiet as always” at a birthday party for another family member. Denise Closs, he said, was “a thoughtful person [who brought] a little gift for everybody” at the party.
Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death

Maybe just a matter of semantics for Jayme"s sake. Babysitter is more of a juvenile term. The family referred to person as caretaker instead so she wouldn't feel like her friends would make fun. Just a thought and jmo.

Just a thought and I admit I can't keep up with this thread so if this has been suggested before, I apologize in advance. After school, my kids went to a friend's house and I paid their mom to "babysit". If this was the situation, maybe she had a friend who moved and wanted to continue to go to school with her. Maybe a best friend or something.

Thinking out loud. moo

I was trying to think of additional scenarios and am considering that possibly the perp did target the parents. Possibly he was enraged and set out to do them harm but didn't plan on Jayme seeing him so late at night? Perhaps he took Jayme spontaneously becuz she recognized him and he didn't want to harm her so it was his only choice since he couldn't leave her as a witness? Jmo

Yeah. My issue with that is the incredible risk of hanging around for something like 20 minutes.

In a blitz style attack like this appears to be, the perpetrator(s) wants to be in and out as quickly as possible. The louder the entry, the more likely your discovery, and the faster you need to get out of there.

That house was tiny, and it doesn’t make it likely or necessary to spend that type of time there.

That’s why I’m so skeptical of the timing of those gunshots.

Yes, I agree that it made no sense to remain in the house after shooting. Risky as hell.

2 opposing thoughts...

1 someone was at the house around the 1230 time frame dad fires warning shots to encourage them to leave. (this is what neighbors hear) Could have been an invited or uninvited guest, who they now wanted gone. Person leaves to get a gun. Dad locks his hunting gun back up. Person kicks in door upon their return. (Trying to make the time frame work)

2 we're (myself included) taking the time of the shots heard by the neighbors as gospel to make a time frame work, and maybe they're wrong. Given the several stories they have out there either poorly reported or misremembered, I'm not sure it's correct. Not uncommon with ear or eye witnesses to want to be helpful, but being wrong.

None of this is fact, all my own speculation and opinion.

I keep thinking about this as well - the door being kicked in. It just adds so much more of a sense of aggression and rage (or brutality, or...something) to a case that is already so disturbing and perplexing.

The door kicked in and the timings are making me think that it could be someone who worked at the same place as the father. This whole thing reeks of a personal vendetta.

I am surprised we haven’t heard anything about fingerprints anywhere, just sayin’.
(Probably wore gloves.)

Last edited:
I tend to think it was a younger person who was known to someone in the family. The sequence of events is still confusing, but someone was shot around 12:30, and around 1:00 arguing was heard on the 911 call. If dad was shot first, someone else was asleep, knocked out, gagged, restrained etc, for there to be time for anything else involving an adult, otherwise the arguing would have between Jaymee and the assailant or all 3. If it's all 3, why are they not more afraid of arguing, or why has the assailant not incapacitated or klled the adult already? I think someone was trying to appeal to the assailant, and it worked for a while, or Jayme and assailant were arguing. I'm sure the police know.

Haven't been here in awhile, just getting caught up on this case.

This may be a silly question but here goes:

Do we know that the door kicking occurred before LEO got there and that it wasn't actually LEO who kicked in the door? The statement from the 911 transcript could be read either way IMO.

It's important because it changes the nature of our view of the case. If it was LEO who kicked in the door, then this could have been someone they let in.

I keep thinking about this as well - the door being kicked in. It just adds so much more of a sense of aggression and rage (or brutality, or...something) to a case that is already so disturbing and perplexing.
Maybe the person knocked first and then kicked in when someone refused to open the door. Would explain why the dad was dead in the doorway. He may have gone to the door, looked outside and refused to open the door.

New sleuther here, Feels weird that they are already thinking she is dead. Or maybe assumed with the search. Honestly just skimming everything it feels like one of those "teen finders older guy on internet" Case. But that's just me. I'm going to keep researching what I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member