AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM.
Chiming in here as a person who's worked in the psychology field, and going back to the first part of your post, a violent sudden, non-retreatable action when the outcome is not known ( the intruding person who kicked the door in could get shot, stabbed, there could be an off duty LE officer sitting there, a mean attack dog rescued from the shelter 2 days before, and so forth)- the impulsive actions of kicking a door and shooting two adults in their own home speaks to unmitigated and uncontrolled rage to me.

It is an act of stunning violence to invade someone's home by force with intent to kill.
I believe the first reports said the EMS personnel and other first responders to the scene would need crisis counseling.
If that was an accurate statement, it is usually an indication that are violent aspects seldom seen at a crime scene.

It remains my belief that because Jayme is not listed as " possibly injured" in the Missing reports, but her parents were murdered, then she was the target, or she'd have been gravely injured and left for dead or killed as well.

The murders in CT of Dr. William Petit's first family- his very young teen daughter who wasn't dating yet, his older teen daughter and his wife after he was immobilized by recently paroled men who were on drugs and also were totally amoral individuals who fed off each other's bravado may give some insight into what personality type committed the murders and abducted Jayme.

I hope FBI profilers will look at the psychodynamics of cases where parents were not the targets but their child or children were.
These cases are very rare because parents DO die trying to protect their children, and because children are both simple, in that they do not possess money or good survival instincts when on the run, and because a child hostage does become a liability much more visibly and with greater public awareness and reaction when there's a national FBI search in place.

I noticed in the Wausau Herald that the family dog was also not harmed but left in the residence.
While I tend to think this is a part of the criminology, it's also reassuring just a bit to me that they didn't kill the dog sadistically in front of the little girl. I tend to think there was more than one intruder, and possibly an accomplice held Jayme out of sight of her parents' shootings and hopefully, she did not see their bodies at all.
If she is to be found alive, she has to have internal strength and hope in the face of likely great danger.

Stay strong, Jayme. So many people are praying for you and hoping for you, I hope you can feel the love in the midst of all this.

Really enjoyed reading your thoughts. I'd love to know if the dog was crated or not. If it was not, I'd think it would be barking and possibly trying to bite the intruder. The intruder could easily eliminate it but chose not to (for some reason-Jayme loves the dog?). If the dog was crated, it poses no threat or annoyance so, in my opinion, doesn't hold as much evidenciary value as far as the intruder's intentions. Sheesh...don't even know if that makes senseo_O

I think our energy needs to be focused on the question, what does Jayme have to do with it? In my opinion, she was clearly the target. The only scenario I can think of is,
Someone felt she was in some kind of harm and needed to “save” her.

If it was some kind of revenge and she was being abducted to hurt the parents, they would have kept them alive to make them suffer the idea of her being missing.

What else can we come up with along these lines?

I'm sorry, but respectfully, I do not agree with the " wanting to save her" line of reasoning.

EVERY known element of this home invasion and double murder is full of rage and brutality as we know the case facts at this time.

I can tell you that someone who sees themselves as " a savior" does NOT go in with a shotgun and kill 2 adults and basically shatter a young teen's entire world.
BTW, the most harmful ages in the stages of human emotional growth and development for life changes such as deaths, long distance separations from friends and family are ages 11-14. Females are much more likely to suffer long term attachment problems than males are, especially a shy little girl like they say Jayme is.

This is a crime of great rage and also probably someone who is very thought disordered with regard to assaulting the young girl.

Random things that stood out to me today...

“FBI, has been careful to avoid suggesting Jayme was kidnapped.”

“But the sheriff said he has a "100% expectation that she's alive."

And saw that mom was found in the bathroom in attempt to barricade herself and that she could not have made the phone call.

Also they are going to release the 911 transcript tonight ?

Sorry no links
Sorry if repeat info...
BBM

Thanks for that new info.
If she wasn't abducted... then what ??? She was at least taken from the house, correct ?
How is that NOT an abduction ?
Who made the call ?
Jayme ?
Her dad ?
And this would support the theory that she is truly a victim in every sense of the word... as she'd hardly place a call alerting authorities ... if she wanted to leave with the perp !

Really enjoyed reading your thoughts. I'd love to know if the dog was crated or not. If it was not, I'd think it would be barking and possibly trying to bite the intruder. The intruder could easily eliminate it but chose not to (for some reason-Jayme loves the dog?). If the dog was crated, it poses no threat or annoyance so, in my opinion, doesn't hold as much evidenciary value as far as the intruder's intentions. Sheesh...don't even know if that makes senseo_O

My dogs bark when they are crated. Not so much when they are going about their normal day and night with us. I don't think we can infer that the dog's actions or inactions led him or her to be spared, but that it is a part of the criminal's thinking/ behavior/ internalization.

Just trying to catch up. The parents were killed and Jayme taken. That means Jayme was the target or they would have killed her too. Two murders..three murders..no difference if they came to the house looking for something and not someone.
The question I keep asking is who would be so brazen to kick in the door (lots of rage), kill two people (heaven help us all) then take Jamey who had to be kicking and screaming. And I might add get her out of the house and long gone in four minutes.
One question I do have is how far away are their neighbors? Would they have been far enough away to hear only shots but not voices of arguing???
The rage and the leaving in such haste baffle me.
Yes, could it have really been just a 4 minute getaway, that is mind boggling!

I
Hi everyone- As this is a very active discussion, please make every effort to stay on-topic, victim friendly, and courteous to your fellow posters. If you are posting information as fact, posting a picture, etc. include a link to your source. If you see a post which violates TOS, report the post and do not respond to it. Thank you and carry on :)
I’m sorry, and apologizing because I posted a thing which was not victim friendly. I’m not a cop. I’m not going to detective school. I only meant to state an opinion and four related things which struck me as out of the ordinary in this case. Also, why 14 miles for an evidence field? They think the victim and the perpetrator fled on foot together? And they are certain she is alive? And why is there no reward money being offered yet?

I think our energy needs to be focused on the question, what does Jayme have to do with it? In my opinion, she was clearly the target. The only scenario I can think of is,
Someone felt she was in some kind of harm and needed to “save” her.

If it was some kind of revenge and she was being abducted to hurt the parents, they would have kept them alive to make them suffer the idea of her being missing.

What else can we come up with along these lines?

I don't think that's the case. I think someone wanted her and couldn't have her so they took her. They were mad as hell and killed her parents to be able to get to her.

That’s what I can’t get my mind around! Why the rage and violence? There had to be an easier way to get too her, if she was the target!
I hate to say this but this is reminding me of Shasta Groene’s abduction. That monster chose the Groene family at random. Please Lord, please help ten find this sweet girl soon

Why don’t they look at some of the many registered sex offenders in that town? Some of them non compliant and within walking distance. They could be knocking on doors without calling first, and just making a ‘social call’ sort of friendly while their partner listens and ‘uses the bathroom real quick’ type of thing?
That’s standard protocol. They certainly would have looked at them.

Random things that stood out to me today...

“FBI, has been careful to avoid suggesting Jayme was kidnapped.”

“But the sheriff said he has a "100% expectation that she's alive."

And saw that mom was found in the bathroom in attempt to barricade herself and that she could not have made the phone call.

Also they are going to release the 911 transcript tonight ?

Sorry no links
Sorry if repeat info...

I hadn't heard about the FBI avoiding saying she was kidnapped.

They should be making house calls to some of the Barron registered sex offenders. Just a friendly visit. Maybe with a trick or treat basket/gift? Especially to some who are noted as being non compliant. Just a knock and a few minutes standing inside, and a listen. Maybe if they had a police dog with them who was wearing a Halloween costume. Like Batdog? And the dog could smell if the girl was being held inside, you know it could. And it could hear her too.

Just my opinion and pure speculation: their were more than one intruder. <modsnip - speculation> There have been similar crimes a while north of Baron, where I grew up.

Or it could have been an enraged sexual predator after Jayme. Or any number of things. But my guess is the gang activity. I pray Jayme survives.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time post on this case. I had been envisioning the door kicked in as an act of the perp BUT After reading the dispatch log, I believe it is likely that whoever did this was known to the family and was let in Dispatch log reads the door has been kicked in, as in present tense

I now believe the police very likely kicked the previously locked door in to gain immediate access since they were aware that something bad was going on in there from the 911 call The dispatch log reeds “ male who is down had opened the door”, presumably to describe how the perp got in.

Bold by me and clarification
ETA Just heard on world news tonight that the door was kicked in when police arrived Sorry if this is old news and has already been discussed As others have stated it is very hard to keep up!

Last edited:
When looking at the types of cases the FBI are called in to assist with, kidnapping is one of the oldest and also the type of case the FBI is excellent at solving nation-wide. They may not want to use the word for psychological reasons regarding the perps'. states of mind. " Endangered Missing" is much less threatening to the perps. emotionally.

Just my opinion and pure speculation: their were more than one intruder. They are gang members, pumping each other up to see who is bravado enough. They choose the house at random, and that is why there is so much missing from the investigation. I will not say what possible gangs/groups would commit this. There have been similar crimes a while north of Baron, where I grew up.

Or it could have been an enraged sexual predator after Jayme. Or any number of things. But my guess is the gang activity. I pray Jayme survives.
It’s far more likely to be sexually motivated than gang related.

We just don’t see this type of thing in gang infested areas, let alone rural areas like this.

These were hard working people, with no criminal records or known ties to criminal entities.

They are what's called " Browser Hijackers" and I am trying to fix the problem on my phone right now.Its happening to me every few minutes. They target sites you use frequently. You can get directions on line on how to do it. It just gets worse and can cause a virus.
I have run an antivirus and a different malware program on my phone and it seems it hasn't infected my phone.... yet. One of our local news stations is notorious for it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10