AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at some of the other cases these long time websleuthers have followed- this is not the first time family menbers are killed to get the one these predators want - I’m still praying for Jayme that it’s someone trying to “protect” her
I understand, but comparatively, it is still rare when you look at the majority of child abduction cases. For a perp to seemingly be in a rage, or out of control state of mind, and to leave such a haphazard messy crime scene, is what makes this case so complex, imo.

I just now got done reading through the Dispatch Log. I still stand by my opinion that Jayme was the specific target. I know that it seems odd and unusual from other child abduction cases where there is a sexual predator because of the door being kicked in but I think that could be explained. In a previous thread I stated she is 13 year old not 6 therefore the perp wouldn't be able to just go in and carry her out. I think this perp wanted to get in there and out as quickly as possible. They would not be able to do that by just going in and taking her. I think her age is a HUGE factor in how the perp executed his plan on getting her out of there. She would have woke up, there would have been a struggle, they would have had to deal with the parents waking up from all the noise, and most likely the perp would have been caught. I think this is why he went in rambo style, took out dad, took out Mom, and then my theory is after taking out the parents that he may have very well sexually assaulted Jayme right in the home before taking off with her. Also I think that Jayme may have called 911 quite possibly after the assault happened and that's why they heard kind of a struggle on there during the 911 call. I hate to even mention the possible sexual assault but I'm wondering if that's what took place during that time gap. Evidence from sexual assault and Jayme making the 911 call could also be why LE knows Jayme is in danger, was present when the crime took place, and is NOT a suspect in the death of her parents. Anyways JMO of course.

Last edited:
Fairly new here but wanted to post my theory. I think that someone targeted Jayme for nefarious purposes. The mom and dad were collateral damage and were killed fairly quickly. Jayme hid and the perp spent several minutes searching for her. She found her mom's phone (or it was Jayme's phone listed under her mom's name) and called 911. The perp discovered Jayme and forced her to leave. The shouting heard on the phone was Jayme being taken from the house. Don't know how the perp targeted Jayme but my (unfortunate) guess is that it is an adult male who likes young girls (perhaps saw her in dance competitions?). Jayme and the parents are total victims in this case and did nothing to bring this on themselves.
Your theory that perp shot parents and Jayme hid while he looked for her, then Jayme found phone and made 911 call is the only theory that makes sense. It explains the timeline (gap between shots heard and 911 call) and no speaker/ruckess in background of 911 call. Either perp was there specifically to get Jayme or they saw she was a witness and went after her to silence her. If it was the latter they probably would have shot her too, so I’m back to thinking Jayme was their motive all along. It may or may not have been someome Jayme knew/liked but if she hid it’s proof she had no knowledge that parents were going to be harmed.

If perp had a fixation on her hopefully he had visions of making a life w/Jayme and she’s playing along enough that she stays alive long enough to be rescued. If she is alive she must be terrified!

I'll toss an idea out there - it's a stretch and not my top theory (because I have no top theory! I'm all over the place with what I think happened).

JC recently changed schools. What if someone at her old school - perhaps someone with some developmental or emotional issues - misses her and wants her back at the old school. Maybe she told him her family made her change school, so he figures to get her back, he has to get rid of the family.

I know it is very unlikely, but I toss it on the table for consideration.

jmo speculation only

@ oceanblueeyes, that's why i asked about the closs's past. so are the feds and the barron PD. is there an older half/step/sibling that exists that local folks are trying to hide? we know from so many cases this happens.

someone who left barron many moons ago and returned, but not "missed" as any local would be who didn't show up to cameron/riverside middle schools or jennie-o turkey's absentee employee list.

someone "known" to the family but not necessarily to the community. oh heck even the neighbor said they wouldn't have known the closs's even had a daughter. <modsnip - not victim friendly>. IMO, JMO, MOO...

Last edited by a moderator:
Or a "rescue" in the Perp's mind

The dad could've been the one who kicked in the door attempting to rescue his family?

Dad comes home, can't get in the house and maybe the dad doesn't normally carry a house key because many folks in small towns only lock their doors when they turn in for the night, if at all. (or they have a supplemental lock that wasn't normally locked).

Dad hears/sees the commotion emanating from inside the house and in a desperate bid to save his family kicks the door in and is shot in the doorway.

The dad could've also been summoned but if someone could make a phone call to the dad they'd call 911? Or maybe they don't call 911 if the source of the commotion is family/known to the family but they call the dad and say get here quick, we have a situation.

I'm leaning toward the dad stumbled on the scene of whatever was happening without prior knowledge, but we have precious few answers in this case.

It also makes me wonder where the perp's vehicle was.
jmo

If this helps, there's an ABC news video posted on youtube. At 39 seconds you can get a good view of the parents' cars in the driveway. The dispatch entry says dad's vehicle was a red Silverado pickup and mom's vehicle a Ford Escape. (Color not mentioned.)

I just now got done reading through the Dispatch Log. I still stand by my opinion that Jayme was the specific target. I know that it seems odd and unusual from other child abduction cases where there is a sexual predator because of the door being kicked in but I think that could be explained. In a previous thread I stated she is 13 year old not 6 therefore the perp wouldn't be able to just go in and carry her out. I think this perp wanted to get in there and out as quickly as possible. They would not be able to do that by just going in and taking her. I think her age is a HUGE factor in how the perp executed his plan on getting her out of there. She would have woke up, there would have been a struggle, they would have had to deal with the parents waking up from all the noise, and most likely the perp would have been caught. I think this is why he went in rambo style, took out dad, took out Mom, and then my theory is after taking out the parents that he may have very well sexually assaulted Jayme right in the home before taking off with her. Also I think that Jayme may have called 911 quite possibly after the assault happened and that's why they heard kind of a struggle on there during the 911 call. I hate to even mention the possible sexual assault but I'm wondering if that's what took place during that time gap. Evidence from sexual assault and Jayme making the 911 call could also be why LE knows Jayme is in danger, was present when the crime took place, and is NOT a suspect in the death of her parents. Anyways JMO of course.
Sadly I agree and I also am now thinking there was more than one. Maybe two. I also think Mom could do nothing but struggle to the bathroom to try and save her daughter.

The thought of it being cold outdoors takes me back to the Elizabeth Smart abduction in her bedroom. I recall that Mitchell let her put shoes and a sweater on. It was cold there.

Did Jayme have a chance to put outdoor clothing on, or was she dressed for bedtime? Does she have a warm coat and shoes? This really hurts my heart so much, but if she's alive, that's the best we can hope for, IMO.

Sadly I agree and I also am now thinking there was more than one. Maybe two. I also think Mom could do nothing but struggle to the bathroom to try and save her daughter.
I cannot imagine the sheer terror that all three of them experienced. Trying to save your child and not being able to has to be the worst thing ever. Trying to save your parents and not being able to has to be the worst thing ever.

Your theory that perp shot parents and Jayme hid while he looked for her, then Jayme found phone and made 911 call is the only theory that makes sense. It explains the timeline (gap between shots heard and 911 call) and no speaker/ruckess in background of 911 call. Either perp was there specifically to get Jayme or they saw she was a witness and went after her to silence her. If it was the latter they probably would have shot her too, so I’m back to thinking Jayme was their motive all along. It may or may not have been someome Jayme knew/liked but if she hid it’s proof she had no knowledge that parents were going to be harmed.

If perp had a fixation on her hopefully he had visions of making a life w/Jayme and she’s playing along enough that she stays alive long enough to be rescued. If she is alive she must be terrified!

BBM I don't think it was about silencing her because given how her parents were taken out I think the perp would have just killed Jayme too. Even if it was a robbery gone wrong I think they would have had no problem taking out Jayme and just running. I think they wanted her specifically.

I'll toss an idea out there - it's a stretch and not my top theory (because I have no top theory! I'm all over the place with what I think happened).

JC recently changed schools. What if someone at her old school - perhaps someone with some developmental or emotional issues - misses her and wants her back at the old school. Maybe she told him her family made her change school, so he figures to get her back, he has to get rid of the family.

I know it is very unlikely, but I toss it on the table for consideration.

jmo speculation only
<modsnip - duplicate quote>

this. a diagnostic of the schools show that cameron is at a 79/100 and riverside is 73/100 in terms of state school rankings. not that much different, but obviously it's preferable to go to cameron.

"caregiver" plus distance and district put JC in a tuition situation (JMO and how it happens in my district). perhaps the financials forced them to switch back to their in-district middle school. or, a bullying situation which i hope and am sure of that LE already investigated.

most of you believe JC was the target, not her parents. so although we've discussed the above to exhaustion, maybe these conversations hold the key...

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members