GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh y’all! 3 glasses of wine later, I’m finished with the 1st day of cross. IMHO Superstar Nancy got parts of the true TM out and she contradicted herself more than once. She even admitted that she lied to her friend bc “Sidney was never chained to the bed” okay honey okay. Also her saying “eating vagina” will stay with me forever. Why though? Just why?

IMO

My least favorite part of the day:

The *advertiser censored* shaming of Heather.

Favorite part: her absolute denial that she sent any texts to heather after “ready to meet the Mrs” and her denial that the “supposed” payphone call was made.

I’m not sure how much I can say about the reactions of the jurors. But I wrote notes on each one. Including the alternates.

Bringing this forward from previous thread...

Can I call you Nancy?
How many married men have you slept with?

(This trial is too much... I just had to come out of lurker mode.)

Welcome! Glad you've joined in.

I love your name, btw! LOL. It does seem Florida gets a disproportionate amount of crazy.

I wish that NL hadn't responded back to the defendant calling her "Nancy." TM was on a rant when she said that, and I immediately keyed in on her use of that first name, as TM being intentionally disrespectful towards an attorney that was just doing her job.

The job of an attorney can be not pleasant at times, but with NL responding back to TM, it showed me that TM was able to push her buttons. I didn't like seeing that.
I honestly thought it looked like a bit of a cat fight. I do think she pushed Nancy's buttons, I do think Nancy allowed her too much control of the direction of the testimony by not stopping her when she began narrating her story as if she's the issue or star of the show. Heather gets lost in that and it's nothing more than a narcissist's game of taking the spotlight. Even her own attorney shut her down and said he knows how much she wants to talk but she needed to just answer the question he asked. I still think the other solicitor is a better choice for the cross.

Oh y’all! 3 glasses of wine later, I’m finished with the 1st day of cross. IMHO Superstar Nancy got parts of the true TM out and she contradicted herself more than once. She even admitted that she lied to her friend bc “Sidney was never chained to the bed” okay honey okay. Also her saying “eating vagina” will stay with me forever. Why though? Just why?

IMO

Because Tammy.

I didn't see it that way at all. I thought she made her point clearly and it showed TM as being disrespectful. Although, something I am worried about is NL's smiles to the jury when she thinks she's made a point. I don't want her to come across as arrogant.
I was glad she did it as well. TM was trying to make the jury think she's just sweet and innocent, and she and Nancy are on the same level and have a mutual respect for one another. She was battling for dominance and control too. Nancy needed to change the tone, and by saying what she did, she put TM in her place and reminded her of both of their roles. It made me really glad, in that moment, the male prosecutor wasn't in that position. Had he said the same thing to TM, it likely wouldn't have sat well with the female jurors, seeing a man talk to a woman that way.

Favorite part: her absolute denial that she sent any texts to heather after “ready to meet the Mrs” and her denial that the “supposed” payphone call was made.

I’m not sure how much I can say about the reactions of the jurors. But I wrote notes on each one. Including the alternates.

As hard as it was to sit at my computer and watch, I can only imagine what it felt like to be there. The *advertiser censored* shaming really bothered me too. I hope Heather's family knows we strangers don't think of her that way at all.

Yes, this defense is snake-belly low.

I don't see the problem with giving general impressions you see from the jury.

Is there any record of the phone call that TM says Heather made to her where they both spoke really nicely to each other?

Forgive me if this has already been asked. I have been desperately trying to work and watch the case and keep up with yall.

TM clearly stated today she and SM are no longer together if he was to be called in front of the jury does the "Marriage rule" still apply? If they are legally seperated per say can he be bound by the spousal privilege law?

I was glad she did it as well. TM was trying to make the jury think she's just sweet and innocent, and she and Nancy are on the same level and have a mutual respect for one another. She was battling for dominance and control too. Nancy needed to change the tone, and by saying what she did, she put TM in her place and reminded her of both of their roles. It made me really glad, in that moment, the male prosecutor wasn't in that position. Had he said the same thing to TM, it likely wouldn't have sat well with the female jurors, seeing a man talk to a woman that way.

Exactly WWJMD? What would Juan Martinez do? He'd be going scorched earth, leaving nothing unbruised.

Forgive me if this has already been asked. I have been desperately trying to work and watch the case and keep up with yall.

TM clearly stated today she and SM are no longer together if he was to be called in front of the jury does the "Marriage rule" still apply? If they are legally seperated per say can he be bound by the spousal privilege law?
Yes the marriage rule still applies since they are still legally married. However, it is up to the spouse who is testifying to choose to break spousal privilege.

I agree.

Also, did Ashley Caison take a picture of Nancy Livesay at some point prior to this trial? What was that question about in the very beginning (after Tammy told Nancy she was making her life miserable)?

I'm glad NL called her on the first name thing. It shined a spotlight on Tammy's falseness and pretend sweetness. Minutes before, Tammy had blurted out that NL made their lives miserable. It's a lot like TM calling Heather "sweetie" in that text message.

I loved it so much I made it my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member