Identified! TN - Knoxville, WhtFem UP15118, 55-65, star patterned scarf, Feb'16 - Brenda Kaye Baker-Germann

Westy27

Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 15118

Unidentified Person Case

Unidentified White Female
*Found February 22, 2016 in Knoxville, Knox, TN
*Estimated Year of Death: Unknown, years before discovery

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 55-65 years old
* Approximate Height: 66' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown
* Clothing/Jewelry:
Blue-green Columbia brand windbreaker. Multicolored star-patterned scar[f], green bag with KEMA logo, purple-blue hat.

Circumstances of Recovery
*Found behind business wrapped in plastic sheets and bag

I think this might be a match to Sharon Kay Leinart, who is also missing from Knoxville Tennessee (since 01/23/2013) and is homeless. Sharon is also noted to have liked wearing different layers of clothing including scarves, jackets, and hats. Height and age are a match.

Missing Person Case
Original

Would anyone like to submit this as a possible match for me? I am too skittish and wary of my anonymity to submit this as a match myself.

Is there somebody who can see in the Namus files if there is DNA available for both UID and MP? If there is and both are ran through the system they would have found a match.

Is there somebody who can see in the Namus files if there is DNA available for both UID and MP? If there is and both are ran through the system they would have found a match.
This is a great question. I was also wondering if there was any way of comparing the two cases directly. Since both cases are being handled by the Knoxville PD, they should know. I was not able to find anything when I checked because neither case is in the Doe Network or Charley Project.

Last edited:
According to The Lost and Found website (using the Namus files with the identifiers shown) both have dna Test complete - sample submitted

The Lost & The Found
Thanks for posting this. I finally found a way to submit an anonymous tip to the Knoxville PD and have done so. It would be nice to know since DNA seems to be available if Sharon Leinart is an exclusion to this case.

Thanks for posting this. I finally found a way to submit an anonymous tip to the Knoxville PD and have done so. It would be nice to know since DNA seems to be available if Sharon Leinart is an exclusion to this case.

Still nobody on the exclusion list, at least not on the Lost and Found, but that isn't up to date anymore...at least my believe.

No news about this Jane Doe. Not on the Doe network, not on Unidentified Wiki.

3 exclusions on NamUs:

MP12568 Patricia Kelley 08/19/1983 Bradley, TN
MP38062 Barbara Wooden 10/23/1998Hamilton,TN
MP23626 Sandra Patterson 12/04/2009 El Paso, CO

How can I submit Sharon Kay Leinart to the contacts if they aren't reachable? I think she should really be looked into. Especially since she said to people she knew when she was on the streets a man offered her "a real warm place to stay". Would explain the no layers of clothing found with Jane Doe and maybe he took away her jewelry she used to wear too. More about her in this thread TN - TN - Sharon Kay Leinart, 58, Homeless, Knoxville, 23 Jan 2013

OT
This was in June 2020 and still the side isn't reachable.
Knoxville shuts down parts of its network after being hit by ransomware
The city of Knoxville, Tennessee, shut down large portions of its computer network on Thursday after being hit overnight by a ransomware attack, it was widely reported on Thursday.

The attack was first noticed by members of the Knoxville Fire Department around 4:30am Thursday, the Knoxville News Sentinel reported. Shortly after that, Knoxville Chief Operations Officer David Brace sent employees an email notifying them of the breach.

“Please be advised that our network has been attacked with ransomware,” he wrote. “Information Systems is currently following recommend[ed] protocols. This includes shutting down servers, our internet connections and PC’s. Please do not log in to the network or use computer applications at this time.”

@Bit of hope if you need a hand I'm happy to submit. Being far around the other side of the world gives me a thick skin :)

Thanks. If you can take that burden of me I would be more than happy. It seems like @Westy27 already send in the possible match anonymous to the Knoxville PD in 2018 and never heard back. Maybe she was an automatic rule out and that's why she is not on the rule out list, but I think, considering the circumstances, it's still good to know if she is ruled out.

Are people automatically thinking this UID is homeless? She's pretty colour-coordinated for a homeless person.

No I don't think she was homeless persé...she could have been dumped there. I don't know why a homeless person couldn't be colour-coordinated. Look at Sharon Leinart...although she was homeless somehow she liked to look good. I looked into Jane Does clothes, couldn't find this particular model of Colombia jacket she was wearing......hoping to pinpoint a time the jacket was made..(doesn't say a lot, could have been bought in a second hand shop or a give-away) it could have been a counterfeit, but the label looks very much like the original. What is the black thing they found...a bra?...they don't mention that...no panties? no pants? no shoes? More like an indoor situation.....sexual assault. PMI years....if you look at the rule outs...going back to the 80's...Puzzling and definitely not automatic thinking.

No I don't think she was homeless persé...she could have been dumped there. I don't know why a homeless person couldn't be colour-coordinated. Look at Sharon Leinart...although she was homeless somehow she liked to look good. I looked into Jane Does clothes, couldn't find this particular model of Colombia jacket she was wearing......hoping to pinpoint a time the jacket was made..(doesn't say a lot, could have been bought in a second hand shop or a give-away) it could have been a counterfeit, but the label looks very much like the original. What is the black thing they found...a bra?...they don't mention that...no panties? no pants? no shoes? More like an indoor situation.....sexual assault. PMI years....if you look at the rule outs...going back to the 80's...Puzzling and definitely not automatic thinking.

I don't know whether I would characterize Ms. Leinart as colour coordinated. She was clearly suffering from some mental health issues. She wore her make up like a clown and seemed similar to a poor unfortunate woman who used to roam the downtown Toronto area, wearing numerous article of clothing at the same time.

I also tried to find the particular jacket she was wearing without success. It's an odd style because the waist seems cinched permanently, whereas most jackets have interior cords to either adjust the waist or wear it straight.

I can't make out what those straps are either. They don't appear to be anything like bra straps, more like
those adjustable cord straps you'd put on a backpack or something.

I wish they would show the green bag with the KEMA logo. I found a company called KEMA that has a lab in Knoxville TN that was bought out by an Italian company called CESI.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back