GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly WWJMD? What would Juan Martinez do? He'd be going scorched earth, leaving nothing unbruised.
HAHA! True. I didn't follow that case; Heather brought me to WS. I have seen quite a few shows about it though. He was a bull in a china shop. Fortunately for him, he didn't have a panel of southern jurors.

I agree.

Also, did Ashley Caison take a picture of Nancy Livesay at some point prior to this trial? What was that question about in the very beginning (after Tammy told Nancy she was making her life miserable)?
Paraphrasing, NL said to TM that she sure seems to know a lot of people's first and last names, like hers and the 2 officers who arrested her. Then she asked TM if she had the three of their names on a list and whether she'd sent her sister to take pictures of Nancy.

I'm not sure if it was just tongue-in-cheek, implying that TM has a hit-list, or if NL really has reason to believe that TM has a hit-list. I don't know if TM sent Ashley to take pics of NL or if she was just making a point because of NL making her life so difficult. Whatever the case may be, I enjoyed the hell out of it!

Paraphrasing, NL said to TM that she sure seems to know a lot of people's first and last names, like hers and the 2 officers who arrested her. Then she asked TM if she had the three of their names on a list and whether she'd sent her sister to take pictures of Nancy.

I'm not sure if it was just tongue-in-cheek, implying that TM has a hit-list, or if NL really has reason to believe that TM has a hit-list. I don't know if TM sent Ashley to take pics of NL or if she was just making a point because of NL making her life so difficult. Whatever the case may be, I enjoyed the hell out of it!

Why didn’t the defense object? Was he afraid of NL’s argument?

That was a really weird first exchange ... and creepy.

Would someone with more legal knowledge than I have and with more knowledge of the State's evidence be able to make a list of the statements Nancy can positively challenge Tammy on with State's evidence already submitted that the juror would be able to understand in deliberations ? Please and thank you

I missed the part where she said she became a born-again Christian. Was this when the defense attorney was questioning her? Does anyone have an approximate time?

Here's another part that was telling.

Live Stream 1 - Wild About Trial on Livestream

3:11:43

TM: "I can't speak for Heather, but her diary can that she left behind. If you-- we can always pull it out."

NL: "I'm sorry?"

TM: "She left her words behind. I think we should listen to them.... I mean that's wh-- Heather's way of testifying, right?"

NL: "Yes."

Rewatching it.... Tammy's face after Nancy asks her about meeting her before outside of the courtroom.

Begin at 3:14:00

I didn't catch it earlier because I think I was in the middle of laughter after she said it, so I completely missed Tammy's reaction, but her face... priceless.

Would someone with more legal knowledge than I have and with more knowledge of the State's evidence be able to make a list of the statements Nancy can positively challenge Tammy on with State's evidence already submitted that the juror would be able to understand in deliberations ? Please and thank you

Why would you ask for this, just curious?

‘She is out there’: Heather Elvis’ sister talks about Tammy Moorer trial, sibling

“It’s been difficult for Heather Elvis’ sister to sit in a courtroom for two weeks hearing about her sister and the family accused of kidnapping her in 2013.”

——-

Wife on trial for allegedly kidnapping spouse’s lover says she forgave her
https://nypost.com/2018/10/19/wife-...idnapping-spouses-lover-says-she-forgave-her/

““I want people to know the truth,” Moorer testified. “I too want Heather to be found. I think she deserves to be found.”“

Snip

““I still hated him a lot, and I hated him a lot because he didn’t stand up for himself and testify in his last trial,” Moorer said.“

——-

This is what Tammy Moorer said she was doing the morning Heather Elvis went missing

“”I stayed home till my mom called me about her flat tire the next morning, or next afternoon,” Tammy Moorer said.”

Snip

““I don’t remember anything in detail that would be in relation to this case at all,” Tammy Moorer said.”

Last edited:
“Police previously testified about a photo they took on the Moorer’s property in December 2013 that showed a bag of concrete mixture, cleaner and a bullet. Tammy Moorer said nobody who she knows used concrete to help bury a body or used the cleaner at a crime scene.”

This is what Tammy Moorer said she was doing the morning Heather Elvis went missing

(I’ve always had a suspicion about concrete considering SM’s work, moo)

I like seeing everyone's opinions on the testimony from today, even if some differ from mine. I'm probably more a stickler for "the process" and at times feel that there are some things that rise to the level of the judge taking action to keep control in the courtroom. The jury has a hard enough job, and some things can distract them (and me) from focusing and really listening to the questions and answers.

The attorneys know this Judge, and likely acted accordingly, I think. They know who they've chosen as jurors, and that is what is going to really matter.

My least favorite part of the day:

The *advertiser censored* shaming of Heather.

Favorite part: her absolute denial that she sent any texts to heather after “ready to meet the Mrs” and her denial that the “supposed” payphone call was made.
I’m not sure how much I can say about the reactions of the jurors. But I wrote notes on each one. Including the alternates.
Thanks again @yupikgirl for being our eyes and ears in the
courtroom. You looked good. I waved at you.

Bumping this up since I asked the question about when she said she became a "reborn Christian" and when she commented about whether or not NL had ever slept with a married man. It's all in this short video clip. There's a brief truck commercial at this exact spot in the WAT archived feed, so it is missed. And it is gold.

I love how Tammy says she became a different person then than she is now. Explain, Tammy. What ARE you like now? So, you were only good for a while? What does this even mean?

I missed the part where she said she became a born-again Christian. Was this when the defense attorney was questioning her? Does anyone have an approximate time?

Here's another part that was telling.

3:11:43

TM: "I can't speak for Heather, but her diary can that she left behind. If you-- we can always pull it out."

NL: "I'm sorry?"

TM: "She left her words behind. I think we should listen to them.... I mean that's wh-- Heather's way of testifying, right?"

NL: "Yes."
I'm blown away that TM got away with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong