GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked for the list because I tuned out on a lot of the Defense questioning Tammy because it went on forever but I remember Tammy offering a lot of additional details on the questions her Attorney asked her. Details I think Nancy can challenge her on but I do not know the trial proceedings well enough to know if she can. I am not sure if my understanding of what the State was able to submit into evidence is what was allowed into evidence . I followed the case in the beginning, watched Sidney's first trial but not the Obstruction trial and did not follow the pre-trial hearings for this trial. I am pretty sure I have not heard or read of any evidence of Heather calling Tammy but am not sure if I missed that part. I cannot remember where the SM and TM's phone pinged the morning of the 18th . Mostly because my mind is frazzled trying to make sense of it all while also trying to deal with the craziness life can bring with having 5 kids and 4 grandchildren . ; )

@Madeline74, you asked in the last thread who lies more, Moorer or Arias. It's an interesting question, and one I can't answer until TM has been on the stand for 6 months straight and we can match lie for lie over similar time frames :)

Seriously though, their similar....pathologies are really coming to light with TM on the stand. The pitiful coquettish mannerisms, the sidelong shy smiles at the jurors, calling the prosecutors by their first names, using lawyerly phrases because they are ever so clever, becoming snarky and combative under cross... It's uncanny.

Based on what I've seen today I think they're neck and neck.

And given that I've seen the countless images of what became of Arias' wrath, I'm more heartbroken for Heather and her family than ever.

I am pretty sure I have not heard or read of any evidence of Heather calling Tammy but am not sure if I missed that part.

I don't think any of us knew this. Tammy blamed it on the gag order.

I don't for a second believe it was a congenial conversation like Tammy would like the jury to believe.

@Madeline74, you asked in the last thread who lies more, Moorer or Arias. It's an interesting question, and one I can't answer until TM has been on the stand for 6 months straight and we can match lie for lie over similar time frames :)

Seriously though, their similar....pathologies are really coming to light with TM on the stand. The pitiful coquettish mannerisms, the sidelong shy smiles at the jurors, calling the prosecutors by their first names, using lawyerly phrases because they are ever so clever, becoming snarky and combative under cross... It's uncanny.

And given that I've seen the countless images of what became of Arias' wrath, I'm more heartbroken for Heather and her family than ever.

Very interesting. I didn't watch any of the Arias trial.

<RSBM>
TM: "I can't speak for Heather, but her diary can that she left behind. If you-- we can always pull it out."

NL: "I'm sorry?"

TM: "She left her words behind. I think we should listen to them.... I mean that's wh-- Heather's way of testifying, right?"

NL: "Yes."

It *really* bothers me that TM gets access to Heather's most private thoughts and feelings. It's just so wrong.

I asked for the list because I tuned out on a lot of the Defense questioning Tammy because it went on forever but I remember Tammy offering a lot of additional details on the questions her Attorney asked her. Details I think Nancy can challenge her on but I do not know the trial proceedings well enough to know if she can. I am not sure if my understanding of what the State was able to submit into evidence is what was allowed into evidence . I followed the case in the beginning, watched Sidney's first trial but not the Obstruction trial and did not follow the pre-trial hearings for this trial. I am pretty sure I have not heard or read of any evidence of Heather calling Tammy but am not sure if I missed that part. I cannot remember where the SM and TM's phone pinged the morning of the 18th . Mostly because my mind is frazzled trying to make sense of it all while also trying to deal with the craziness life can bring with having 5 kids and 4 grandchildren . ; )
You can watch a rerun on YouTube.

Great answer and I agree its about neck and neck now so long as TM continues along this path which I fully expect.

I dont think TM will be on the stand nearly as much as JA was but she is making up ground with content. :)

Oh y’all! 3 glasses of wine later, I’m finished with the 1st day of cross. IMHO Superstar Nancy got parts of the true TM out and she contradicted herself more than once. She even admitted that she lied to her friend bc “Sidney was never chained to the bed” okay honey okay. Also her saying “eating vagina” will stay with me forever. Why though? Just why?

IMO
Why? Because <modsnipped>, and a narcisissist, and hurting Heathers family and diminishing the relationship HER man had > exposing herself as such.

Her tone at "sure. I lied to her" spoke tomes! It won't be lost on the jury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the marriage rule still applies since they are still legally married. However, it is up to the spouse who is testifying to choose to break spousal privilege.

So, is it correct, if SM wishes, he can testify, after perhaps being told, of TM's statements at this trial?
That would be great: a fight between the two, who can lie better.:D:D
MOO.

Great answer and I agree its about neck and neck now so long as TM continues along this path which I fully expect.

I dont think TM will be on the stand nearly as much as JA was but she is making up ground with content. :)
Sweet Christmas, she had better not be on the stand as long as JA was. I'm still scarred from that mess. The queen of TMI. *shudder*

The exchange between Tammy and Ms. Nancy about Heather's Diary .

TM: " She left her words behind. I think we should listen to them... I mean that's wh--Heather's way of testifying, right ? "
NL: " Yes"

Did Nancy saying yes open the door for the defense to submit Heather's diary ?

One thing I found interesting near the end of today when TM made it known she is no longer staying with SM.
Well duhhhh. Isnt he in prison?

I think that was another "lie" trying to make it seem like she had a choice in the matter to be with him. Hope the jury caught that and wish NL would have pointed that out to the jury.

I agree.

Also, did Ashley Caison take a picture of Nancy Livesay at some point prior to this trial? What was that question about in the very beginning (after Tammy told Nancy she was making her life miserable)?

That comment, of NL, asking TM, if AC took a photo of NL was terrific.
Did you see the stunned look on TM's face?
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member