GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from the south and I love, love, love Juan. There is nothing like watching someone cut thru the bull....and getting to the deep down narcissistic core of a cold stone killer.
You know, I've been pulling old videos of him from the Arias trial and can't find what I'm looking for. I wonder if I'm confusing him with someone else. He's not quite the rude aggressor I thought he was, unless I'm just not pulling the right videos. I didn't follow that trial, but I've seen a lot of shows about it, and what I'm watching isn't lining up with what I thought I knew. Hmmmm...

I just rewatched the cross examination so my husband could see why I was walking around looking shell shocked. It's impossible to view it as an impartial juror would, but I tried to get my mind there as much as possible.

When she tries to explain away the "Meet the MRS" text, it came across as extremely false to me. Something about the way she spoke or her body language reminded me of the way my son and his friends acted when telling well rehearsed excuses and stories trying to cover for each other. Big, innocent eyes and the little shrug of the shoulders.

The same for Tammy's explanation of "chained to the bed". That one was even more obviously a lie.

Her having an answer for EVERYTHING. Every little thing can be explained away. She and Heather were actually friendly to each other, the texts were taken out of context, other people were using her phone, Sidney said that, the cops put words in her sister's mouth and on and on and on. The only thing she owned up to was the sexting, but she couldn't even own that 100%. That would really stick with me if I were a juror. It would have felt a lot more genuine if just once she had said "yeah, I was really hurt and upset and I said some hateful, childish things" or "at first I blamed the other woman" because a lot of people who have been cheated on do!

The need to use gross phrases like "eating vagina" is at the very least disrespectful to the entire situation. No one with an ounce of empathy would use that wording in front of a victim's family. The other jab she got in was "people who are sitting in this room called Heather a *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored* and a prostitute" (paraphrased) implying Heather's own family said those things looked 100% like she just had to find a way to say something cruel and hurtful. That would stick in my mind as a juror.

I'm not sure I would have caught some of the slips, like TM saying "doesn't mean you killed someone" if I was a juror. There was just so much to process in those last 30 minutes and so many moments of "is this real life?" with TM's comments to NL. I hope those things are brought under the spotlight Monday morning.

The courtroom was visibly disgusted when she said that about “people in this courtroom”. Probably isn’t picked up on video, but people were having a hard time keeping their comments completely under their breath. They weren’t heard by the jury or lawyers, but definitely heard by everyone around them.

When she got down and took of her sandal (by the way she wore open toe backless slide type sandals to testify- signs everywhere about how to dress) it was insane. They may have even been a flip flop- a nicer flip flop, but even so signs everywhere and flip flops are not allowed.

‘She is out there’: Heather Elvis’ sister talks about Tammy Moorer trial, sibling

“It’s been difficult for Heather Elvis’ sister to sit in a courtroom for two weeks hearing about her sister and the family accused of kidnapping her in 2013.”

——-

Wife on trial for allegedly kidnapping spouse’s lover says she forgave her
https://nypost.com/2018/10/19/wife-...idnapping-spouses-lover-says-she-forgave-her/

““I want people to know the truth,” Moorer testified. “I too want Heather to be found. I think she deserves to be found.”“

Snip

““I still hated him a lot, and I hated him a lot because he didn’t stand up for himself and testify in his last trial,” Moorer said.“

——-

This is what Tammy Moorer said she was doing the morning Heather Elvis went missing

“”I stayed home till my mom called me about her flat tire the next morning, or next afternoon,” Tammy Moorer said.”

Snip

““I don’t remember anything in detail that would be in relation to this case at all,” Tammy Moorer said.”
Morgan shows so much grace and class in the face of unimaginable circumstances. I hope the family realizes they have most everyone's love and support

Morgan shows so much grace and class in the face of unimaginable circumstances. I hope the family realizes they have most everyone's love and support
Agreed. It was laughable when Tammy turned to the jury and in one breath talked about all the threats, stalking, harassment, etc and then went right into but the community has been wonderful to us and still is. Cray cray

She also said she had support and people wanted to come but they were scared of all of us ...okay sure.

Last edited:
@yupikgirl
No the cameras thankfully didn't pan down to her foot.
Can you share a bit on jury reactions. Try as I may, I'm still concerned that she may be charming one of them.

I'm so glad I didn't see the foot. I have enough nightmare fodder from today as it is.

Also very curious about jury reactions.

The prosecutor ain't playing!

No, NL is very serious.:):)
She will probably be promoted in her peers eyes after this.
But I do love it when she has smirked, at some of her great points.
Her colleagues are probably tabulating how many goals she has landed, and she hasn't finished yet.

Pleased that over the weekend, NL will be working very hard.
I am also waiting, for NL's first line on Monday, if anything as good as today's.
Probably the Defense are now ready to 'object' immediately, before they realize what NL is planning.
So, knowing this, NL may begin, being very bland, disappointing the Defense lawyer, who is ready to object, letting TM feel confident, then BOOM.:D

@yupikgirl
No the cameras thankfully didn't pan down to her foot.
Can you share a bit on jury reactions. Try as I may, I'm still concerned that she may be charming one of them.

Most of the camera people were sitting while taping and typing up stories on their computers. I think they just missed it because it was so fast.

On the jurors. I don’t want to give any identifying info so I’ll just say what I wrote about each one and leave out the gender/age and the identifying stuff I noted if that makes sense? Leaving that out makes it a little sparse, but I would hate to say anything that gets TM to try and use to help her if that makes sense.

In no particular order from today’s testimony:

Two jurors I noticed consistently don’t take many notes if any for hours. Neutral faces.

Another consistently takes tons of notes, leans forward, and looks only at the witness and lawyer.

One has a straight up disgusted look on his/her face most of the time. Takes notes a lot

Another non note taker- at least today. Looked pissed when the guys were brought in today to testify about heathers character

One in particular doesn’t keep expressions very neutral- mainly looks like WTF this is total bs anytime the defense is talking.

One has a poker face but consistently takes notes. Mainly looks at witnesses and lawyers.

For another I wrote pays attention to everything in the courtroom- seems to look at her for reactions to some things said.

The next one I wrote about has his mouth open like half way a lot. Kind of like “uhh “ or confused look.

My notes for another say his eyes get real big and wide at times like what the heck am I hearing/seeing right now.

I noticed that one in particular puts a hand over their mouth when they maybe want to snicker or laugh.

One in particular today who has been taking notes stopped when TM testified. Sat with hands crossed across chest intently watching- leaned back not angry more relaxed type of look. I didn’t get the feeling he was buying any of it.

Another looks everywhere. Strains neck to see anything and anyone. Any sound. Any door opening. Looks at the courtroom crowd a lot.

The last one (if I got them all I had them in order on my paper with gender/age/ and what I imagine they do for a living- LOL I literally have no idea wasn’t there for jury selection. I took them all out of order of how they sit cuz we know TM is cray and will use anything to cause some sort of mistrial) takes a good amount of notes, doesn’t seem confused, and seems to be as bored as we all are when the defense is talking.

Wow. Someones been paying attention. Good job.

Hope the jury is paying attention like you were.

ETA The way TM admitted today that she shared phones with SM and visa versa was amazing. Proves she could have easily had his phone when HE called or texted.

Hope NL thinks of this over the weekend, and somehow brings it up again.

Heck no. I didn't see her foot and feel deprived.
Bummer. It was fast she hopped down and whipped the sandal off- tried to hoist her foot up for the jury and was told to get back in her seat. It’s the back of her foot- she bent her knee back and sort of twisted it to show the back- hard to explain. My hubby is snoring next to me or is have him take a video of me doing it LOL

The next one I wrote about has his mouth open like half way a lot. Kind of like “uhh “ or confused look.

Honestly, I expect that's how I looked pretty much the whole time I watched today!

Thanks for posting your observations. It really helps to know the "feel" of the courtroom while all of this is going on.

Most of the camera people were sitting while taping and typing up stories on their computers. I think they just missed it because it was so fast.

On the jurors. I don’t want to give any identifying info so I’ll just say what I wrote about each one and leave out the gender/age and the identifying stuff I noted if that makes sense? Leaving that out makes it a little sparse, but I would hate to say anything that gets TM to try and use to help her if that makes sense.

In no particular order from today’s testimony:

Two jurors I noticed consistently don’t take many notes if any for hours. Neutral faces.

Another consistently takes tons of notes, leans forward, and looks only at the witness and lawyer.

One has a straight up disgusted look on his/her face most of the time. Takes notes a lot

Another non note taker- at least today. Looked pissed when the guys were brought in today to testify about heathers character

One in particular doesn’t keep expressions very neutral- mainly looks like WTF this is total bs anytime the defense is talking.

One has a poker face but consistently takes notes. Mainly looks at witnesses and lawyers.

For another I wrote pays attention to everything in the courtroom- seems to look at her for reactions to some things said.

My notes for another say his eyes get real big and wide at times like what the heck am I hearing/seeing right now.

I noticed that one in particular puts a hand over their mouth when they maybe want to snicker or laugh.

One in particular today who has been taking notes stopped when TM testified. Sat with hands crossed across chest intently watching- leaned back not angry more relaxed type of look. I didn’t get the feeling he was buying any of it.

Another looks everywhere. Strains neck to see anything and anyone. Any sound. Any door opening. Looks at the courtroom crowd a lot.

The last one (if I got them all I had them in order on my paper with gender/age/ and what I imagine they do for a living- LOL I literally have no idea wasn’t there for jury selection. I took them all out of order of how they sit cuz we know TM is cray and will use anything to cause some sort of mistrial) takes a good amount of notes, doesn’t seem confused, and seems to be as bored as we all are when the defense is talking.
This is a Keeper, my friend. Thank you and HUGS for being there for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member