GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the camera people were sitting while taping and typing up stories on their computers. I think they just missed it because it was so fast.

On the jurors. I don’t want to give any identifying info so I’ll just say what I wrote about each one and leave out the gender/age and the identifying stuff I noted if that makes sense? Leaving that out makes it a little sparse, but I would hate to say anything that gets TM to try and use to help her if that makes sense.

In no particular order from today’s testimony:

Two jurors I noticed consistently don’t take many notes if any for hours. Neutral faces.

Another consistently takes tons of notes, leans forward, and looks only at the witness and lawyer.

One has a straight up disgusted look on his/her face most of the time. Takes notes a lot

Another non note taker- at least today. Looked pissed when the guys were brought in today to testify about heathers character

One in particular doesn’t keep expressions very neutral- mainly looks like WTF this is total bs anytime the defense is talking.

One has a poker face but consistently takes notes. Mainly looks at witnesses and lawyers.

For another I wrote pays attention to everything in the courtroom- seems to look at her for reactions to some things said.

The next one I wrote about has his mouth open like half way a lot. Kind of like “uhh “ or confused look.

My notes for another say his eyes get real big and wide at times like what the heck am I hearing/seeing right now.

I noticed that one in particular puts a hand over their mouth when they maybe want to snicker or laugh.

One in particular today who has been taking notes stopped when TM testified. Sat with hands crossed across chest intently watching- leaned back not angry more relaxed type of look. I didn’t get the feeling he was buying any of it.

Another looks everywhere. Strains neck to see anything and anyone. Any sound. Any door opening. Looks at the courtroom crowd a lot.

The last one (if I got them all I had them in order on my paper with gender/age/ and what I imagine they do for a living- LOL I literally have no idea wasn’t there for jury selection. I took them all out of order of how they sit cuz we know TM is cray and will use anything to cause some sort of mistrial) takes a good amount of notes, doesn’t seem confused, and seems to be as bored as we all are when the defense is talking.

Thank you!! I love reading these. Makes me feel a bit better and I'm glad there's a variety of jurors.

Honestly, I expect that's how I looked pretty much the whole time I watched today!

Thanks for posting your observations. It really helps to know the "feel" of the courtroom while all of this is going on.

I had to sit with my hand over my mouth LOL. I forgot that one that is very neutral but takes notes and pays attention- today when they left for the day this persons face looked out at us walking past and had his/her lips pursed/curled like trying to not say anything. Kind of like speaking with your eyes- I make this face sometimes at work meetings when someone is talking and I’m trying to keep myself from speaking if that makes any sense LOL. It’s like I could see this person holding back laughter with his/her eyes.

Bummer. It was fast she hopped down and whipped the sandal off- tried to hoist her foot up for the jury and was told to get back in her seat. It’s the back of her foot- she bent her knee back and sort of twisted it to show the back- hard to explain. My hubby is snoring next to me or is have him take a video of me doing it LOL
LOL. You doing it wouldn't be quite the same.

I was so tired- took a shower but didn’t wash my hair so it was in that horrible bun LOL. I’ve planned to go Monday. Hoping to go Tuesday. I work full time (for the state) and I travel so I’m not sure.

Did you all get to see her foot?

Thank you yupikgirl for all your work, and the long drives.:):):)
Great that you plan perhaps to go in next week.
Rest up, as this hasn't finished, and we may have more unbelievable moments.:D
But the Defense lawyers, may have a good chat with TM, and she may become a different person on the stand.

IMO
fyi, anyone interested in foot injury, take a look at her fb pics. album titled 'our family reunited in 2015', photo edited on june 10, 2015 to say 'It's beginning to look like home again. Thank you Jesus for Your blessings.' about 1/3 of the way down the page.
would post but am not sure if it is allowed.

The courtroom was visibly disgusted when she said that about “people in this courtroom”. Probably isn’t picked up on video, but people were having a hard time keeping their comments completely under their breath. They weren’t heard by the jury or lawyers, but definitely heard by everyone around them.

When she got down and took of her sandal (by the way she wore open toe backless slide type sandals to testify- signs everywhere about how to dress) it was insane. They may have even been a flip flop- a nicer flip flop, but even so signs everywhere and flip flops are not allowed.

But remember yupikgirl, TM doesn't follow rules.
She is 'in charge', even in Court.
MOO.

Thank you yupikgirl for all your work, and the long drives.:):):)
Great that you plan perhaps to go in next week.
Rest up, as this hasn't finished, and we may have more unbelievable moments.:D
But the Defense lawyers, may have a good chat with TM, and she may become a different person on the stand.

You think? I’m not sure she can do it. She is her own worst enemy. I will definitely be there Monday- I just think maybe closing won’t even begin until at least Tuesday if not later.

Driving is fine- my job is driving all 46 counties. I’m only in my office every other Monday. The rest of the weekdays I’m on the road (day trips with a team or alone). If it goes past Tuesday I’m going to try to change my schedule to places in Horry County LOL.

IMO
fyi, anyone interested in foot injury, take a look at her fb pics. album titled 'our family reunited in 2015', photo edited on june 10, 2015 to say 'It's beginning to look like home again. Thank you Jesus for Your blessings.' about 1/3 of the way down the page.
would post but am not sure if it is allowed.

It's ok to direct people to look at defendant's FB posts, but you can't post them. I hope Nancy has and presents some of her deleted FB posts which DIRECTLY contradict her testimony. I'm looking thru old screenshots and it's insane how much lying she's doing. IMO.

But remember yupikgirl, TM doesn't follow rules.
She is 'in charge', even in Court.
MOO.
She sure doesn’t. She even used the public restroom today- I don’t know that there is a rule, but their little room has a bathroom so why use that one? She can’t be around the Elvis family and I don’t think they have their own bathroom - not sure hopefully they do.

Also saw dateline there- can’t imagine the show they will end up with. I think they’ve been filming for years.

It's ok to direct people to look at defendant's FB posts, but you can't post them. I hope Nancy has and presents some of her deleted FB posts which DIRECTLY contradict her testimony. I'm looking thru old screenshots and it's insane how much lying she's doing. IMO.

I hope she can too- but the Facebook was suppressed in pretrial motions yet the defense (who wanted the suppression) keeps getting stuff in!

Also, don’t forget we have a social media thread for this case in the parking lot.

Yupikgirl, What was the reaction of the jury and the courtroom when TM was being so rude to NL? Did they seem disgusted or not seem to notice?

They definitely noticed. There is one that is always sort of disgusted since the defense started their case so that ones expression didn’t change LOL. One of the more neutral hard to read jurors was showing signs of like wtf is going on. But yes they all noticed for sure- probably because it was all happening so fast. Where as the direct was tedious at the end.

I was really struck by the combination of 2 things TM said. First when she referred to Heather in the past tense. Then when she said Heather's diary was her testimony. Taken together I thought it was chilling.

I was so angry when she mentioned the diary- it was totally like you described. The Elvis family has never given up hope. Her statements about using her words was chilling.

They definitely noticed. There is one that is always sort of disgusted since the defense started their case so that ones expression didn’t change LOL. One of the more neutral hard to read jurors was showing signs of like wtf is going on. But yes they all noticed for sure- probably because it was all happening so fast. Where as the direct was tedious at the end.

Do you think the jury got the part when Nancy was talking about a text of a photo between AC and TM then looked over at the jury and said (with her exquisite sarcasm), "yeah, but her beard wasn't that thick" or the part when TM said "eating vagina"?

You think? I’m not sure she can do it. She is her own worst enemy. I will definitely be there Monday- I just think maybe closing won’t even begin until at least Tuesday if not later.

Driving is fine- my job is driving all 46 counties. I’m only in my office every other Monday. The rest of the weekdays I’m on the road (day trips with a team or alone). If it goes past Tuesday I’m going to try to change my schedule to places in Horry County LOL.
ITA with her being her own worst enemy. IMO all the coaching in the world can't stop her impulsive lashing out. I'm sure she was coached prior to today as she seemed calm and collected before cross. When NL starting challenging her and making her look foolish she couldn't help herself from getting visibly angry and lashing out. It's just who she is.

Well I have a whole different take on Tammy's testimony. I have been a juror in a murder trial. Her lies were not totally obvious or glaring today. Some of her responses seemed plausible. Now do I believe them? No. However, I am afraid there could be one or two jurors who she might connect with on the jury. There was one in the Jodi Arias jury and several on the Casey Anthony jury. I do not see her testimony during cross examination today as a slam dunk. I think she gets under Nancy's skin and it throws her off her game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie