Still Missing Turkey - Jamal Khashoggi, 59, Washington Post columnist, Istanbul, 3 Oct 2018

"John Sawers, who headed MI6 between 2009 and 2014, said “all the evidence points to it being ordered and carried out” by people close to Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler.

Sawers told the BBC that “I don’t think he would have done this if he hadn’t thought he had license from the U.S. administration to frankly behave as he wished to do so.”

Sawyers said the fate of Khashoggi — whom Turkish authorities say was killed inside Saudi Arabia’s consulate in Istanbul — was a wake-up call to the Trump administration about “just how dangerous it is to have people acting with a sense that they have impunity in their relationship with United States.”

Joaquin Castro, Dem congressman today from TX said something pretty out there... about Jared being involved... I first thought it was just crazy.. but after reading this comment from the former head of MI6 .. I wonder if Jared gave a nod and wink to a generic idea about handling dissidents overseas and that metamorphosed in to this grisly hatchet job

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the SA "investigation" determines that Khashoggi started the altercation and the 15 military/royal guards were simply acting in self-defense.

The Turks will debunk that; they have audio and video (probably); did the fight break out before the 'bone saw' came out or after?

The Turks will debunk that; they have audio and video (probably); did the fight break out before the 'bone saw' came out or after?
My suspicion is that the Turks have had everything since DAY 1 of this situation. Not sure why they don't just release it all to the public as so much has already been leaked already.

My suspicion is that the Turks have had everything since DAY 1 of this situation. Not sure why they don't just release it all to the public as so much has already been leaked already.

They have spying tech installed at the Consulate; is that spying technology monitored 24/7 by humans or do they have software that throws up things?; i.e. like facial recognition.

They have spying tech installed at the Consulate; is that spying technology monitored 24/7 by humans or do they have software that throws up things?; i.e. like facial recognition.
That my friend is a 1MM£ question! The naughty Turks aren't supposed to have any tech installed in any embassy which makes the tightrope they are walking in terms of video and audio disclosure quite tricky to maneuver. Their Apple watch transmission ploy didn't fly so we shall see how they explain the leaks to social and traditional media. This crime is so heinous that most will probably overlook the spy gear that is most like present in the embassy but the Turks still have some tricky days ahead to explain what happened IMO.

That my friend is a 1MM£ question! The naughty Turks aren't supposed to have any tech installed in any embassy which makes the tightrope they are walking in terms of video and audio disclosure quite tricky to maneuver. Their Apple watch transmission ploy didn't fly so we shall see how they explain the leaks to social and traditional media. This crime is so heinous that most will probably overlook the spy gear that is most like present in the embassy but the Turks still have some tricky days ahead to explain what happened IMO.

All countries do it; it's become the norm; what the Turks are worried about is revealing 'how' they do it; as they probably use the same method in all the other Consulates throughout the country. If they reveal 'how'; there goes their future 'intel'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back