AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That is weird. We had our septic emptied once every three years. It is expensive to have it pumped; sounds like they needed a new septic system. Big $$$$$$

Hi Human.

The problem septic systems can have in areas where there are a lot of trees around the tree root system can often breech the drain line system which is underground and branches out to the drain line field coming from the septic system. Roots are a big factor especially if they have older clay pipes buried underground.

If the drain line system is compromised the septic tank doesnt drain properly due to a compromised drainline..

Often that can lead to having the septic tank pumped much more often than normal since it's not able to drain properly.

We have a 1000 gallon septic tank and replaced the drain field about 6 years ago. There are only 2 of us living here and we haven't had to have ours serviced or pumped since then.

Upgraded drain field line systems put in now do a much more sufficient job than say in the 70s when their home was built.

Some would rather have the tank pumped more often than having to replace the entire drain field lines which is way more expensive like you've said.

Imo

Last edited:
What if:

Killer takes Jayme for the simplest reason - he is out of ammo? Multiple rounds spent. He simply hasn’t got the bullet to do her in and she’s a witness. So he grabs her.

Sure he could have killed her another way (suffocate?) (break neck?) but those things take time and he may not be experienced in either so he panics and snatches her to deal with later on?

It doesn’t seem the correct answer in my head but stranger things have happened I’m sure.

Horrible, but taking a 13 year old kid you didn't plan on is just way too difficult. Even if she's seen you, punch her in the face and leave. Hit her with the gun and knock her unconscious. I tend to think he wanted to take her and planned on it.

What if:

Killer takes Jayme for the simplest reason - he is out of ammo? Multiple rounds spent. He simply hasn’t got the bullet to do her in and she’s a witness. So he grabs her.

Sure he could have killed her another way (suffocate?) (break neck?) but those things take time and he may not be experienced in either so he panics and snatches her to deal with later on?

It doesn’t seem the correct answer in my head but stranger things have happened I’m sure.
Had that been the case, he could have easily beaten her or stabbed her to death. She’s a 13 year old girl, and it wouldn’t take a great deal of effort by a male of any size.

I think it’s far more likely that he took her, because he had other plans.

What if:

That actually is an idea to consider. I don't like it, of course, but it does work. It doesn't answer why the perp entered the house, but it does explain why he took Jayme.

I'm adding to my list, not at the top, but in the mix of other ideas.

Good thinking. I thought we had pondered all reasonable theories, but I haven't seen this one.

jmo

Just catching up after reading most of the previous threads. I'm probably repeating a lot of previous posts with my opinion so apologies in advance!

I think Jayme was the main target for the Unsub. I think he had some kind of fixation with her. I also think he is a local, or from a neighboring town if not Barron. I think this person has been watching Jayme for awhile and had been planning this. I doubt the person is married, and probably doesn't have any children. I think the parents recognized and knew who he was when he began the attack, maybe an acquaintance or just someone they have seen around.

I'm sure the FBI has very in-depth victimology profiles for all three victims. These are likely updated regularly based on new information uncovered. I also would think they are working on the offender profile as well. I know sometimes they release the profile of an offender to the public in some cases but I don't know if that will be the case here.

Hopefully surveillance from local businesses or private homes are still being reviewed for at least the full week before this heinous crime occurred. There might be a vehicle seen at multiple times going in directions to and from the Closs home that has no reason to be going that route multiple times.

Hi Human.

The problem septic systems can have in areas where there are a lot of trees around the tree root system can often breech the drain line system which is underground and branches out to the drain line field coming from the septic system. Roots are a big factor especially if they have older clay pipes buried underground.

If the drain line system is compromised the septic tank doesnt drain properly due to a compromised drainline..

Often that can lead to having the septic tank pumped much more often than normal since it's not able to drain properly.

We have a 1000 gallon septic tank and replaced the drain field about 6 years ago. There are only 2 of us living here and we haven't had to have ours serviced or pumped since then.

Upgraded drain field line systems put in now do a much more sufficient job than say in the 70s when their home was built.

Some would rather have the tank pumped more often than having replace the entire drain field lines which is way more expensive.

Imo

We know their lot is wooded, so that is a possibility.

I am learning so much about septic systems!

So little information this is what it has come to-sleuthing on excrement.

I just keep thinking about that door. That door was a heavy wood, solid door. Wouldn't they have heard the door being kicked in or hacked in or blown in by a gun? Wouldn't any of the 3 reach immediately for their phone and dial 911? That had to have scared them.
None of this makes sense to me. It could not have happened that way as you would think at least one of the 3 would have called 911 the with the first kick. It had to have taken some time to kick in the door and get to wherever they went. How could they have not dialed 911 sooner?

Hi Human.

Some would rather have the tank pumped more often than having replace the entire drain field lines which is way more expensive.

Imo

Where we lived that kind of system was outlawed. The mound system is required. My son built by us. Last year his system was $30,000. They go by number of bedrooms.

One year wveryone’s septic froze. Never before. No snow on the ground and subzero temps. We had to pumo every three weeks. It was illegal, but hubby put the grey water out into the yard. Otherwise, it would have been weekly pump.

Pumping is $$$$$$$$

Just catching up after reading most of the previous threads. I'm probably repeating a lot of previous posts with my opinion so apologies in advance!

I think Jayme was the main target for the Unsub. I think he had some kind of fixation with her. I also think he is a local, or from a neighboring town if not Barron. I think this person has been watching Jayme for awhile and had been planning this. I doubt the person is married, and probably doesn't have any children. I think the parents recognized and knew who he was when he began the attack, maybe an acquaintance or just someone they have seen around.

I'm sure the FBI has very in-depth victimology profiles for all three victims. These are likely updated regularly based on new information uncovered. I also would think they are working on the offender profile as well. I know sometimes they release the profile of an offender to the public in some cases but I don't know if that will be the case here.

Hopefully surveillance from local businesses or private homes are still being reviewed for at least the full week before this heinous crime occurred. There might be a vehicle seen at multiple times going in directions to and from the Closs home that has no reason to be going that route multiple times.
I agree with your thinking here. I think that she was the target and that the family likely had some sort of familiarity with him.

It’s possible that this was completely random, but I think that’s less likely than the alternative.

LE will certainly be taking a close look at the victims and their relationships, in an effort to find some sort of motive and connection with the person or persons responsible.

Hopefully they find something soon.

I'm finding it very difficult to believe that part of the perp's ultimate plan was to do anything other than leave with Jayme. As several have said, after shooting dad then mom, even if he was out of ammo it would've been easy to murder Jayme in cold blood right there via some other means then take her and deal with her at another time. She would've been a terrified and likely in shock barely teenage girl who weighs 100 pounds.

Maybe it wasn't supposed to be so messy with mom and dad both being murdered, maybe they weren't even supposed to know perp would be there, those details need to come out after this is solved. I will be personally very surprised if the perp's primary goal in all of this was to leave with Jayme. My opinion, but still believe it was sadly for sexual reasons and wanting to have/possess/own/etc. her.

The crime scene itself was described in several places as very violent and it does not appear we're looking at a professional hitman or criminal here. The parents do not appear to have been methodically executed by a single bullet and the perp was in and out. This was messy and gave the impression to me that the perp was acting impulsively. Since Jayme was the only thing we know of taken from the home, to me that signifies the impulse was to have her.

And from this video at the 37 second mark you can see the side of the house with that deck. Screenshot attached.
Jayme Closs disappearance: 911 call came from mom's cell

Thank you Jethro! I thought I had seen stairs somewhere. So the stairs go off to the side and seem to line up with the door. I wish we had a clearer shot of that door to see if it was also damaged. (Could indicate more than one person or that the perp tried multiple ways to get into the house. JMO.)

(When the full dispatch log was posted in an earlier thread, I thought I saw that one of those people had a 1971 birthdate which is obviously not a teenager. Maybe I got the wrong person?)
RSBM.

People looking at the unredaction PDF version of the 911 call log in the persons involved section need to be aware that the names are not listed in any particular order. The two people in the vehicle that had been driving by are the second and third individuals listed. You can see that by comparing the name and initials given in the time stamped entry to the names in the top section. There have been a number of people that have posted that have been under the impression that the first two names on the list were the ones in the vehicle and that isn't the case.

We know their lot is wooded, so that is a possibility.

I am learning so much about septic systems!

So little information this is what it has come to-sleuthing on excrement.
My point regarding this is really just about people questioning what their home equity loan was for. Far more likely it was something like this than to pay off gambling debts or other types of things people suggested early on. Home ownership isn't cheap.

I should have said this earlier about the chairs but I wasn't totally sure until I saw a clear blown up picture. The ties on the chair look like crochetted dining room chair covers (if your not from the middle of nowhere, I don't think you would even know what this is). I can't for some reason figure out how to attach a picture at the moment. But if you google Crochet Chair Covers you will see what I'm talking about. My grandmother has these beauties on her chairs and it looks just like the ties that go with them. I have no answers as to why this is a thing, or why this happens but based on the rest of the decor it would fit. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member