AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hasn't Jennie-O confirmed his schedule on that Sunday?

We don’t see this type of thing from females.

Assuming that the perpetator(s) is male, is by no means a stretch, in fact, it is overwhelmingly likely.

Women don’t kick doors in, murder two people, and flee into the night with a child.

Crimes like this, simply aren’t committed by women with any regularity.

And if they are involved in something like this it's as an accomplice to a male. Generally

2000 people is such a large number...i could be wrong but that doesn't seem like a routine, just in case we missed anything kind of search. That seems like a number they put out if they have very reasonable suspicion to believe they will find something in that area. JMO

It seems to me more likely than not that the assailants probably did murder her within a couple hours. This is maybe the kind of search they need to be doing.

And, unfortunately, after a week and if she was murdered shortly after the double homicide committed at the home, there would be an odor in the air that would be unmistakable. I hate writing that, as it's the last thing I want to happen. But, it's the first thing I thought of when I read the number of volunteers, etc., and the length of time since the crime.

Before I start digging too deep of a hole during my short lunch break, can I ask my fellow sleuthers if there have been any new devlepments or theories since the thread reopened this morning?

Given the volume of threads and posts in this case, I hope I’m not out of line for asking for a quick update before I can properly look through the backlog tonight.

Happy to the provide a similar recap or update later this week if necessary. I know keeping up with this thread was pretty draining for me this past weekend, and hope we can support one another to keep up with it as we enter week 2 of the investigation.

❤️

From 100 people for a 14 mile stretch to 2000? What has changed? This is a massive logistical undertaking IMO. Just to check in 2000 people is going to require a lot of people (check ID's, write their names down, etc.).

If there are 2,000 volunteers and they are spaced three feet apart in one line it is well over a mile long. The proximity to the Twin Cities will bring a number of retired people to assist. I can't help but wonder if the large number of volunteers will be a source of possible suspect(s) that have come to "volunteer" just to try to find out what is happening in the investigation.

Someone mentioned earlier that a lot of stupid and crazy things can happen during a crime. This is something a longtime friend said who was an attorney whose father was a County Attorney after the war. He also famously said, "It is crazy and that is why it is called crazy and frequently they are acts committed by crazy people."

Last edited:
This goes all the way back to directly behind her house. Of course this could be old and maybe it's overgrown.

fOsmUDC.jpg
Thank you for that google image. (You probably should provide a direct link, per WS TOS).

To me, this seems like a good possibility of an escape route. Take this to intersect eventually with a road. Head to Hungry Hollow?

jmo

the town actually has just over 3,000 people according to a 2017 report. So considering that, this search is a BIG deal. I bet they have significant leads to this area and expect to find something.

I sure hope you are right. I wonder if they are planning on searching all possible roads in the vicinity for evidence and need more people to divide up for a longer search area than the 14 miles previously searched on HWY 8?

Google Maps

That kinda surprises me. I've thought all along that theres no way they go in and murder and abduct because it causes immediate police interest. Whereas abduction with no parents around can lead to a few hours before it's even noticed their missing.
If abduction was never the desired outcome, it makes sense that she would be killed quickly. jmo

ETA May I add, sadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members