AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused on how that would work. She likely could identify the killer. Knocking her unconscious wouldn’t likely affect her ability to later identify him. If he raped her, his dna will be all over her (though, hopefully it would be on the bed/floor/couch too). But knocking her out wouldn’t solve that problem either.

I think if the person's number 1 concern is getting the heck out of there before cops show up, since he knows a 911 call has been made and they are on their way at that moment, he would leave a living witness. I mean, what's worse, leaving a traumatized kid who might be able to ID you if they ever track you down; or trying to kidnap her and the cops showing up while you are wrestling her into a car.

519 followers? That seems odd for somebody that age.

Only following 3 people is what I find odd; the 519 followers for a teenager, eh, sounds right. My niece is 16 and she has approx 1,000 followers, basically her entire high school, and she follows about 500 and her IG is private.

And, unfortunately, after a week and if she was murdered shortly after the double homicide committed at the home, there would be an odor in the air that would be unmistakable. I hate writing that, as it's the last thing I want to happen. But, it's the first thing I thought of when I read the number of volunteers, etc., and the length of time since the crime.
I’m not so sure that would be the case right now with cooler weather.

I took a 3 day break. Reread the report and not sure how I missed it the first time but there it was!
Yes! I posted something similar a few threads back...what is also interesting is that one of the addresses on the 911 dispatch report (I believe it's one of the drive by "spectators"?) is also in Cumberland, in fact, pretty close to the 24 1/2 Ave address. Just an observation.

I think it is odd LE has released very little information regarding the Sunday timeline - what time the party was over, what else Jayme and Mom did, when did Dad get home ? etc. I wonder why? Wouldn't this information be helpful since they have made public appeals to report any altercations, etc with the family?? It's puzzling.
I totally agree. Knowing the family's movements on the roads, in town, etc. could prompt someone to remember seeing "something" that they otherwise didn't think was worthy of mentioning.

Gas station stop? Food stop? Horn honking? Tailgating on the highway? Anything? Who knows, because nobody has a time frame to focus on.

jmo

I think if the person's number 1 concern is getting the heck out of there before cops show up, since he knows a 911 call has been made and they are on their way at that moment, he would leave a living witness. I mean, what's worse, leaving a traumatized kid who might be able to ID you if they ever track you down; or trying to kidnap her and the cops showing up while you are wrestling her into a car.
This is interesting because I think I’d kill the witness if I could quickly vs leave a living witness and bail. Right? So maybe Jayme was the primary purpose as expected OR.... did the perp(s) use all the ammo?

SIDENOTE:

yes, my teenage sils have "friendstas" (instead of instas, short for instagram for those that may not be familiar) where they post very personal information they don't want their usual hundreds and hundreds of followers to see. Its only for their closest friends and is usually not searchable or findable but anybody. Kids nowadays have all kinds of ways to be sneaky and hide things on social media that us old folks can't even comprehend. One of my sils was using snapchat to send pics she shouldn't have been sending as young as 13. It's wild out there, folks. Facebook wasn't around until I was in college. Now they have app after app they can talk on without parents knowing, especially if they have their own phone. Many don't use them to be especially devious or anything, but they're teenagers, you know? Jayme seems like a sweet and kind girl but she's still a teenager. I'm sure she has some private SM accounts and that's okay because that's just what teenagers do.

I wish I could like this 10x's. And the part I can't get my teens to understand is that they have no idea who they are talking to. It's like having instant pen pals. Only sometimes with inappropriate pictures. Ugh. We've been lucky and even have met some really great people through my teens SM accounts. My family vacationed with a family we met through my daughter's involvement in a nationwide suicide prevention support group. So sometimes it works out.

They're asking for 2k, volunteer-wise? That number - what must they be hoping to find? (Besides remains.)
I just thought of something that i never thought of b4. Suppose her body is where they will be searching and the perp now knows the area is going to be searched Tomm. Couldn’t he move her body tonight? Or do they somehow guard entrance to the area? They have to announce the search ahead of time in order to get volunteers but at the same time it gives the perp a heads up. Have past perps in cases you’ve followed ever moved a body before a search?

I can see this as a possibility if Dad arrived at the door with his gun and maybe a shot/the shots heard were during the struggle for the gun

I was thinking of a hypothetical scenario along the lines of:

Mom and Jayme are in the house with the perp, an argument ensues and Mom grabs the family gun to chase the perp off.

Perp ends up outside the now locked home; Mom and Jayme still inside the home (maybe engaged in their own argument now or whatever).

Perp's even more worked up than before, having had a weapon pulled on them.

Perp kicks in the door and either mom has the weapon knocked out of her hands by the kicking in of the door or the perp is able to wrestle control of the weapon from the mom once inside.

Mom retreats to the bathroom (which maybe suggests the perp was there in relation to Jayme and not the Mom); perp is out in the main living area trying to get Jayme to leave with him.

All of sudden the front-door starts to open, dad starts to enter the home and perp knee-jerk reacts and shoots the dad. These might be the shots the neighbor heard. Perp freaks out but doesn't immediately shoot anyone else. Eventually, perp hears mom or Jayme calling 911 and breaks into the bathroom and shoots the mom. Shots fired deep-inside the back of the home in a bathroom might not be as readily heard by neighbors vs shots fired into an open front-door.

Perp takes off with Jayme and the family gun.

All hypothetical, but more probable if the police could confirm that the spent shells belonged to a gun belonging to the Closs household.

I just thought of something that i never thought of b4. Suppose her body is where they will be searching and the perp now knows the area is going to be searched Tomm. Couldn’t he move her body tonight? Or do they somehow guard entrance to the area? They have to announce the search ahead of time in order to get volunteers but at the same time it gives the perp a heads up. Have past perps in cases you’ve followed ever moved a body before a search?
If the perp enters the search area tonight, he'll be caught. JMO, not a fact.

I've been avoiding this directly, but yes, I think they would use volunteer searchers to find a body. I think the volunteers will be briefed.

I once was part of a search for a drowned person in a lake - adult beachgoers were asked to form a human chain. We weren't searching for a live person under the water, ykwim?

I'm hoping for the best result, but also have a realistic side too.

jmo

I would also say if the search was for a living person who is missing, they wouldn't plan it for tomorrow. It would be right now. I think they are either looking for a body, or more evidence like they said for the first search.

I wish I could like this 10x's. And the part I can't get my teens to understand is that they have no idea who they are talking to. It's like having instant pen pals. Only sometimes with inappropriate pictures. Ugh. We've been lucky and even have met some really great people through my teens SM accounts. My family vacationed with a family we met through my daughter's involvement in a nationwide suicide prevention support group. So sometimes it works out.
My friend's teenage son had two calculator apps on his phone that she noticed while "parenting". He wasn't a mathy kid. Come to find out, it is an app where you can private chat through. He was selling drugs through that app!

Perhaps they have had the person responsible in custody since 10/17 and he finally provided some info which is why they are doing the massive search tomorrow?
This is what I’m thinking as well

i didn’t watch any of the pressers after the 17th. Anyone notice a change in the demeanor or wording of law enforcement at pressers after th 17th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix