AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the perp is a sexual deviant and knew who Jayme was and was fascinated by her and the crime was sexually motivated. I think a stranger would be more apt to use less force, take Jayme and leave. A person who could be recognized by the parents, such as an acquaintance would be more likely to kill the parents to avoid capture.

I think the scope of the search may be a ploy by LE to draw the killer/kidnapper out since he is likely to be very focused on the case and may turn out in the search to show he "cares for Jayme." Just my thoughts.

Technically, most SM accounts require the owner to be at least 13 so it would make sense she wouldn't have a ton of activity yet. Granted, many teens lie about their age and open up accounts earlier, but the rules are 13+.

Also, on IG, it's common for kids to delete their posts. I have 2 teens and they are constantly deleting their activity. Nothing bad, but just random posts that are old, they will go in and delete so they have less than 5-10 posts at any given time. Now Snap Chat . . .ugggh, that's a whole nother story :(

Most teens are private messaging behind the scenes on the apps or using SnapChat or other similar apps, If their account is private, you're not going to get much info if you're not a friend, so I wouldn't assume too much by what you can see from a SM account. Just my 2 cents worth . . .

I'm sorry, i have not caught up on posts. The individuals driving by, whether by scanner, nosy neighbors or could it be a get away car?

I did see the post of one of the cars being addressed to search area?

Possibility of turning into plan B, meet at RR track spot if had to run for it

IMO the perp is a sexual deviant and knew who Jayme was and was fascinated by her and the crime was sexually motivated. I think a stranger would be more apt to use less force, take Jayme and leave. A person who could be recognized by the parents, such as an acquaintance would be more likely to kill the parents to avoid capture.

I think the scope of the search may be a ploy by LE to draw the killer/kidnapper out since he is likely to be very focused on the case and may turn out in the search to show he "cares for Jayme." Just my thoughts.

Welcome Joebob77 and all new members and guests :)

Have past perps in cases you’ve followed ever moved a body before a search?

I think Holly Bobo may have been moved from where they first her left her body. Dunno if it was in reaction to announcement of a search. LE could be hoping to motivate someone to try and do exactly that: take action that will lead them to Jayme.

519 followers? That seems odd for somebody that age.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of those are brand new, following in the hopes of breaking the case! Or some sort of clue that she's still alive! Much like we saw so many strangers posting on Denise's last public facebook post.

I can't keep up with these threads.

Is anyone here leaning towards the possibility that DC and JC were in the house with the perp and dad came home during the attack, seeing the door was kicked in, he was killed right away at the door? He fell in a way that made LE think he answered the door? But then they might have been able to tell he had just walked in if he had work clothes on and a bag or something.

Idk I'm thinking out loud and I'm not sure how the other pieces of the puzzle would fit into that scenario ....

Blood spatter would indicate which way body was facing when shot. Entry wound then blood behind and drops etc would tell
A grim story.

Yes! I posted something similar a few threads back...what is also interesting is that one of the addresses on the 911 dispatch report (I believe it's one of the drive by "spectators"?) is also in Cumberland, in fact, pretty close to the 24 1/2 Ave address. Just an observation.

I noticed that as well. It is really odd.

I think Holly Bobo may have been moved from where they first her left her body. Dunno if it was in reaction to announcement of a search. LE could be hoping to motivate someone to try and do exactly that: take action that will lead them to Jayme.
I recall one horrific case where a husband murdered and dismembered his wife. When he learned that a search was to be conducted in the area in which he had dumped her remains, he actually went out and picked up as many body parts as he could find.

LE searched his home a day or two later, discovering the human remains that he had recovered from the dump site.

That anecdote aside, I take this search at face value, to search for evidence, and not an effort to draw him out.

Have they been using helicopters or drones looking for girl in clothes she was wearing at party? Have not seen these described. She may have changed by 12:30, but it’s somewhere to start.

I have so many questions I would like to ask friends and family. In time, perhaps the truth will be revealed.

Isn't there a ton of cases where the perp offers to help in the search?
It has happened before yes. Most notably in cases where a husband murders his wife and then helps search but there have been others where perp acts like an innocent do gooder to keep tabs on where they are searching, etc.

Other scenario is perp coming to vigils for the missing. Ariel Castro went to several for the girls he kidnapped while he had them held captive in his home.

Jayme likely had a phone, here is her IG account. Note # of followers and she is following 3 people.

Alethea had some good posts about this IG topic, back on thread #2, including one post about how JLC appears to have 2 accounts; one being private, and another being public, but with zero posts, and likely (IMO) an unused account.
Jayme's instagram account is: Jayme Closs (@clossjayme) • Instagram photos and videos but it is private.

There is also another one that looks to be old, unused, or fake (0 posts): jayme lynn closs (@jaymecloss) • Instagram photos and videos

The @clossjayme IG account is set to private. This can be ascertained by seeing the text on her home page that reads “This Account is Private”

It’s important to note that when an IG user sets their account to private, they approve all follow requests. In other words, if someone wanted to follow JLC’s account, the request would have been sent to JLC, and she’d have the ability to either approve or decline the request. Furthermore, when an account is private, only her followers are able to see her posted content (followers that she would have approved to follow her, since setting her account to private).

The second account is not private (one indication of this, is her home page includes text "No Posts Yet;" if it was a private account, this would not be visible), and since it appears to be public, anyone can see content (if there was any posted; in this account, there is not), and can also click the Follow button to follow her automatically. With public accounts, the accountholder wouldn’t have a say in who followed them, since they do not need to be approved.

FWIW, I recall checking JLC’s public IG account within the same day the news broke, and there were only 3 followers, and 3 people she was following. It is my speculation that with the news breaking in this case, and the interest that it has garnered from the public, that her follower account has increased significantly on the public IG account.

Her private account has 95 followers.

MOO

Controlling Your Visibility | Instagram Help Center

See how there is no top railing in my circle? There could possibly be stairs there as there is a gap of the top railing.

When my kids and grandkids were small, we did not have a staricase to the ground from our deck. If the kids got out of the house by the patio door while I was taking a shower or whatever, they could not get to the ground, It was safety.

The fact that they are having a 2,000 person search tomorrow should dampen the idea that the FBI knows she is alive, right? I hope today's presser also shoots down that idea. Yeah, sure, I'd like to think that the FBI does know for a fact that she's alive, but I think that statement is entirely false. JMO.

It has happened before yes. Most notably in cases where a husband murders his wife and then helps search but there have been others where perp acts like an innocent do gooder to keep tabs on where they are searching, etc.

Other scenario is perp coming to vigils for the missing. Ariel Castro went to several for the girls he kidnapped while he had them held captive in his home.

I remember seeing the one on FBI Criminal Pursuit where this woman killed a young girl in the neighborhood and then tried to help find her. Claimed she found a ransom note and all this. So it's very possible the person behind it could show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member