AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's grandmother is from Siren which is less than 40 miles from Barron. Bears are definitely a concern and are frequent in the heavily wooded towns that line the rural WI highways. It's not uncommon for bears to walk along property lines and into yards.
I grew up in rural WI and can confirm this. Lots of bears and lots of deer roaming about.

With the helicopter circling the house as reported earlier, and the search tomorrow I feel like LE either has a credible tip or evidence or both that is pointing them in that area. I strongly felt Jayme was/is still alive earlier today but that feeling has sadly shifted in the past few hours. I hope I am wrong. I wonder if they will have helicopters flying over tomorrows search area to see if they notice anything before tomorrows search. I feel that the press conference later today could be telling, JMO.

No, that’s an excellent point. The details from the dispatch log reflect only the responding officer’s first impression of what they think likely happened based on what they see at the time. Further analysis quite often proves those initial reports wrong.

Also, why was the door kicked in if James answered it.

My wife's grandmother is from Siren which is less than 40 miles from Barron. Bears are definitely a concern and are frequent in the heavily wooded towns that line the rural WI highways. It's not uncommon for bears to walk along property lines and into yards. She's had a bear just waltzing around her front yard many times.

Black bears don’t do much but tip your garbage can or push over a bird feeder.

If you would get between mama and cub, then trouble, But otherwise they are only a nuisance.

I see a lot of optimists on here. I wish I was one. I don't think they have any good tips. I don't think she will be found alive. I don't think the killer will be caught in short issue. I don't think the presser will give us any news that we don't already know. I hope I'm wrong.

My wife's grandmother is from Siren which is less than 40 miles from Barron. Bears are definitely a concern and are frequent in the heavily wooded towns that line the rural WI highways. It's not uncommon for bears to walk along property lines and into yards. She's had a bear just waltzing around her front yard many times.

Black bears don’t do much but tip your garbage can or push over a bird feeder.

If you would get between mama and cub, then trouble, But otherwise they are only a nuisance.

Long post
I have a little expiernce with METH HEADS. 3 years ago.

We had had a lot of car and garage break ins. Dirt bikes, tools, lawn mowers, chain saws etc...
One morning at 4:30 am, my son headed to his work truck and discovered that over $5000 of tools had been stolen by someone.
He called police and made a report and went on to work.
The nextdoor neighbors went to their car about 7:00 am and found their laptop and a carton of cigarettes had been stolen and called the cops to report it.
The cops informed him of my son's report 2 hours earlier.
My neighbor owns a security system. He rolled it back to the last time he had been outside and knew the car was closed.
He discovered the perp in both of out yards going back and forth from vehicles to the woods behind our house.
Long story short, we armed ourselves and went into the woods. Found a an empty bag of bugles and a soda on the ground where he sat watching both of our homes.
Continued on to find a tent
where he had been squatting for at least 6 mos.
We found all the stolen items at his camp as well as drug paraphernalia.
(Once we saw the tent we called law enforcement, but we had to walk them into the woods to show them the spot.)
*I KNEW I heard someone walking in the woods back there and told my husband several times. He told me I was being paranoid.
(I wasn't, he had been lurking about for some time )
Police came to tear his camp down and recover all the stolen items. Meanwhile he showed up at another neighbors house who had two preteens in the backyard. He took one of the girls by the neck and drug her up the back steps with a gun pointed at her head!
The police (and there were many by now saw him and approached)
He let the girl go and shot in air and said you aren't taking me! And ran.
He got away.

So yes, the searches are possibly looking for a tent or bunker in the woods.

EDIT: I posted a few photos so you can see some of the things that we found in my next post.
AND as evidence to back up my story as true.:)
Moo

Last edited:
Often during search efforts by an organized SAR, the searchers are equipped with GPS tracking, that way at the end of the search the data can be reviewed on a screen and areas that were missed are clearly visible. I recall this is the case of the search for Heather Elvis by CUE, iirc (hi @Foxfire).

I’m trying to remember how many searchers there were for Jessica, 800?

Another point that I think needs to be mentioned. I know the community really wants to help. But each person must really ask themselves if they are emotionally ready and truly able to handle what they might find. Foxfire told me about a skull he/they found on a search one time which was crawling with fire ants. Had searchers found Jessica, they would have found only a child’s torso. I feel for the roadside worker who found this.

What has the temperature and precipitation been all week?

Last edited:
Y
I have little doubt they can come up with two thousand volunteers from this area. I come from a similar sized community in the midwest and the entire county would take this personally, not just the little town.
I led a search for two missing boys in NOLA. It was covered here on Websleuths. When calling for a search, I expected 100. 500 showed up. Never underestimate the impact of a missing child has on a community and neighboring cities.

sorry if this was already discussed but Sheriff Fitzgerald has said "searches wouldn't resume unless investigators received a tip that justified them continuing."
(from Sheriff seeks 2,000 volunteers to search for Wisconsin girl)
this plus asking for so many searchers...they must have gotten a pretty good lead. i don't feel confident that this means Jayme is still alive unfortunately, but in another way i am comforted by the fact that she may have been reunited with her parents.

It has happened before yes. Most notably in cases where a husband murders his wife and then helps search but there have been others where perp acts like an innocent do gooder to keep tabs on where they are searching, etc.

Other scenario is perp coming to vigils for the missing. Ariel Castro went to several for the girls he kidnapped while he had them held captive in his home.

There's a more recent case in my area where a young woman, YingYing, was picked up by a stranger and believed to be (no body recovered) murdered. Her killer went to her vigils and even discussed the murder to a friend at one of the vigils (he was already under surveillance at the time) so its definitely not unheard of. When crimes are sexually motivated I believe there is a bit of entitlement and narcissism present in the killers so staying away from the vigils is too hard. They want to be in control and included even after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here.

On Wednesday, two days after Jayme disappeared, a neighbor was arrested on suspicion of possessing meth. She is a 45-year-old woman with a prior meth conviction. She lived a half-mile down the road from the Closs family and is currently in Barron Co. Jail. No official charges yet

Lou Raguse on Twitter
I love it when the media finally report what the fabulous WS sleuthers have been hinting at for days. ;)

I have little doubt they can come up with two thousand volunteers from this area. I come from a similar sized community in the midwest and the entire county would take this personally, not just the little town.
Although I am an optimist I strongly agree. This case has tugged at the heartstrings of those not only in the area but much of the midwest, such as the case with Mollie did. I wouldn't be surprised to see them from Eau Claire or further from the south, MPLS/St. Paul to the West, Superior to the north and Wausau or possibly even Green Bay to the East. Many of the people living here have at one time or another worked and lived in the bigger cities for the better pay. Many, once they reach retirement, have moved back to the area. I'm hopefully optimistic they will end up turning people away once they reach 2k. I like this message that the sheriff is sending out that he is willing to do whatever it takes even if it is thinking "outside the box."

THESE ARE MY PERSONAL PHOTOS.
This is (some) of what we found in JULY 2015 and what the searches would be on the lookout for .
Moo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181022-150005_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20181022-150005_Photos.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_20181022-150054_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20181022-150054_Photos.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 224
I think 2k is great, I think they’ll get that number. And I hope even more.

I think back to Lucas Herandez and how tirelessly those ppl searched and they went by the area his body was found multiple times. By the time he was found (months later), the decomp made it impossible to determine cause of death. Giving the criminal more credit if she ever would’ve made it to trial.

I can’t imagine letting that happen to Jayme if we think she’s gone. It’s important to find her now and bring her home to family.
I truly believe Lucas didn't want the searchers to find him like that. I think he was protecting them. Sorry if that sounds wacky.

Just saw Jayme's picture on a digital billboard in Mississippi. Even though I'm following on here, it still caught me off guard. She must be on billboards all over the country by now.

She is on Billboards in Minnesota too. Every convenient store you go into has her face on the screen too. Employees are well aware what she looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks