AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see this line of thought, but also, the timeline is extremely fast from the 911 call to the police arriving. I could see the perp(s) escalating and then panicking when they see a child have a moment of clarity and don't want to shoot her, so he/she/they grab her and run. This just seems like a frenzy to me.

In a rural area like this, an SUV like that may not be as common as one would think, many people still drive much older cars. In a town like Barron I bet my 2013 model vehicle would look really out of place.
Not the case, a cursory look of business parking lots in the area shows vehicles of many types (mostly American) from 2008-new. Trucks, suvs, and cars

He may be distracted, he’s obviously got a lot going on. Let’s see what the press conference tells us.
And by no means do I think he’s done a bad job thus far. Quite the opposite. Anyway, if he hadn’t had enough coffee earlier or was distracted by the upcoming presser (now passed) he woke up and is all shiny and alert now.

They announced today’s presser yesterday? Why not put the car info out then instead of a whole day later?

And by no means do I think he’s done a bad job thus far. Quite the opposite. Anyway, if he hadn’t had enough coffee earlier or was distracted by the upcoming presser (now passed) he woke up and is all shiny and alert now.

They announced today’s presser yesterday? Why not put the car info out then instead of a whole day later?
They may have been planning on having this press conference regardless.

They also may have needed time to narrow down the vehicles that they were searching for.

There’s really no way of knowing.

Hopefully it's just because he's under a lot of pressure. I can't imagine Barron with its 3K population sees many homicides, nevermind one as crazy as this. On top of that they've got the nation watching.

When I looked on their website earlier it was dominated by drug related offences and probation violation. On a side note I'm amazed that you Americans have access to things like that! There'd be uproar here in the UK if you could see who's been arrested, for what and their mugshots!
He’s doing a great job regardless of their usual daily. It was just that he seemed different in the video from earlier.

One week after 13-year-old Jayme Closs was abducted from her rural Wisconsin home, authorities are looking for two vehicles of interest after cars were spotted near the Closs home around the time of the crime.

One car was likely a red or orange 2000 to 2014 Dodge Challenger, based on surveillance videos from homes and businesses, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said at a news conference Monday.

The second car was likely a 2006 to 2010 black Ford Edge or a 2004 to 2010 black Acura MDX, Fitzgerald said.

Sheriff looking for cars of interest in case of missing Wisconsin girl Jayme Closs

Fitzgerald told The Associated Press on Monday that "something triggered" the decision to conduct another ground search that starts Tuesday, but he declined to elaborate. He said he didn't know the exact area of the search but said it would include the land around Jayme's home near Barron, a rural western Wisconsin city about 80 miles (130 kilometers) northeast of Minneapolis.
Sheriff seeks 2,000 volunteers to search for Wisconsin girl

WS doesn't work well, so I'm posting this without reading the last pages here:
Authorities now believe Jayme was present when her parents were both shot dead, and vanished in the four minutes it took emergency responders to arrive at the Closs home after receiving that 911 call.
Jayme Closs search hones in on local hollow as police ask for volunteers to help with their efforts | Daily Mail Online
Jayme's father was still alive for a few moments when police arrived on the scene, but slipped into unconsciousness almost immediately after first responders made their way into the home.

There was no sign of Jaymee in the house.

They may have been planning on having this press conference regardless.

They also may have needed time to narrow down the vehicles that they were searching for.

There’s really no way of knowing.
They certainly would have pulled registration information for VINs that match the vehicle descriptions prior to this release. VINs will yield make, model, year, and color (among other things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288