AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice what the sheriff said about the search?

"We are asking for about 2000 volunteers to walk specific areas in or around the crime scene to help with our investigation"

A little stumble in his voice after he said it too. 2:30 - 3:00 minute mark.
They appear to be treating the possible escape route as a “crime scene.”

I don’t post often, so sorry if someone had said this.... I think they know WAY more and a break is getting close. That SUV looking one kinda looks like the one in that video from the gas station. If I not mistaken... Not sure where that video is now. Someone even asked at the presser about if she had a phone... he said he can’t comment. So that’s what makes me think that they know a bunch..
'Tis usually the case. Vast majority of the time LE knows way more than they let on during pressers. The two main reasons why LE stays so tight-lipped in cases such as these are:

1) - When you finally get a suspect and question them, you want them to talk about/admit to/mention things that aren't public knowledge. This tells you that they had some involvement in the crime because how else would they know that? If all the facts of your investigation are public knowledge, then a perp or their attorney can easily say they saw or read it on the news.

2) - If you think you have a suspect or may even have the person you're after in your sights, you don't want to scare them off or cause them to do something drastic/stupid. You want the suspect or POI to feel a level of comfort as though LE isn't looking at them or don't know certain details that would lead them to that perp.

Or if you don't have that much, you want a perp to relax even further and feel like they've gotten away with the crime. A relaxed perp is more apt to get careless because they think LE heat is off them.

When Joseph Duncan kidnapped Shasta Groene, he was caught because he just walked into a Denny's and in public with her and started eating like nothing was wrong. Prior to that, Duncan had held Shasta and her brother at multiple campsites in the area and moved around but as time went on, he got more brazen and took her out in public. Duncan relaxed and made a mistake, they were then recognized by a waitress who kept them occupied and called 911. Duncan is on death row and Shasta was rescued.

Philip Garrido did this same thing with Jaycee Dugard as did Brian Mitchell with Elizabeth Smart. It's an LE tactic because it works.

I can see this line of thought, but also, the timeline is extremely fast from the 911 call to the police arriving. I could see the perp(s) escalating and then panicking when they see a child have a moment of clarity and don't want to shoot her, so he/she/they grab her and run. This just seems like a frenzy to me.
Maybe the vehicles were seen driving prior to the crime rather than fleeing from it afterwards??

jmo

They announced today’s presser yesterday? Why not put the car info out then instead of a whole day later?

My guess is that they had this vehicle info long before yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me if they had it 6 days ago. Some info like this they don't want to release because as soon as they do, the suspect knows and ditches that evidence. The suspect could now see that their vehicle info is out there and just dump the vehicle in a ditch to never be seen again. On the flip side, if the police don't reveal the vehicle info to the public but they keep an eye out themselves (ie alerting all officers in the area, or even the country), they might be able to locate the vehicle without spilling the beans.

Releasing info can be risky if the suspect is following the investigation.

not sure if it ultimately matters or not, but one thing that's bugging me a little bit is whether or not they were already in bed when this happened. Jayme had school the next day so surely she would've been in bed by 12:30, right? Did James go to the door, and then Jayme and Denise heard the shots and got out of bed? Were all three still awake? Just mom and dad? if so why?

I’m thinking the same. The sheriff did say the cars were seen at their house and then quickly directed himself and said they were seen near their house. I think they know a lot more than they are letting out.

I truly believe that was a simple slip up and not necessarily him saying something he shouldn't have and covering it up with a correction, but MOO. He said the vehicles were seen on security cameras so unless the Closses or their adjacent neighbors had cameras that we don't know about, I trust they were "in the area."

It could be dashcam footage as well. If the police were there within 4 minutes of the call, and they had to arrive from either the east or the west on Highway 8, the same road the perpetrator had to use. So, due to the close timing, more than a fleeting chance they passed each other. Due to the darkness it is hard to get too much detail from passing vehicles on a dashcam.

It could be dashcam footage as well. If the police were there within 4 minutes of the call, and they had to arrive from either the east or the west on Highway 8, the same road the perpetrator had to use. So, due to the close timing, more than a fleeting chance they passed each other. Due to the darkness it is hard to get too much detail from passing vehicles on a dashcam.

BREAKING: Two vehicles of interest identified in disappearance of missing, endangered girl Jayme Closs
Both vehicles were spotted in the area around the time Jayme’s parents, James and Denise Closs, were gunned down inside their rural Barron home last Monday. The vehicles, according to Barron County Sheriff, Chris Fitzgerald, were seen on businesses and home surveillance cameras. The first car is a 2008 to 2014 model, red/orange Dodge Challenger. The second vehicle is a either a 2006 to 2010 model, black Ford Edge or black Acura MDX.
“If anyone sees or has seen these vehicles around Barron County over the past two weeks, they are asked to call our tip line with the time it was observed, location, and license plate number if available,” Fitzgerald said. “We do not know what license plates are on those vehicles.”

I'm really curious about this 2000 person search. This is from the Sheriff's call for volunteers.
'Two thousand volunteers are needed and should report to the staging area at 1883 Hwy 25, Barron WI, also known as The Hungry Hollow Grounds at the intersection of Hwy 25 and 19th Ave no later than 9:00 a.m. All volunteers must be registered at the staging area in order to participate in the search. Barron County officials will register all volunteers until 9:00 a.m., gates will close promptly at that time. We hope to be completed by 4pm.'

I'm curious about where this would be and is it near the 14 miles previously searched? Why this area???

I would imagine that the black SUV would be the more likely vehicle involved. If I was going to commit a crime I would pick a standard black SUV over a stand out red or orange sports car.
If I were to amateur profile I were topick which of the 2 cars (possibly) belonged to the suspect(s) I’d say Challenger for unplanned, SUV if it was planned.

Wish they mentioned which direction the cars were headed in the videos.

Aren't they both or most seem to have "throat" Or are loud LOUD?

Yes!! The Challengers!

My guess is that they had this vehicle info long before yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me if they had it 6 days ago. Some info like this they don't want to release because as soon as they do, the suspect knows and ditches that evidence. The suspect could now see that their vehicle info is out there and just dump the vehicle in a ditch to never be seen again. On the flip side, if the police don't reveal the vehicle info to the public but they keep an eye out themselves (ie alerting all officers in the area, or even the country), they might be able to locate the vehicle without spilling the beans.

Releasing info can be risky if the suspect is following the investigation.

I would guess they reviewed the surveillance tapes and these are cars they cannot identify to rule in or rule out. They should be able to compare to the town or county's car registration rolls which would list the year, make, and model for each car registered. That's how many places determine your yearly registration fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong