GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
double-post-smiley.gif

Last edited:
(respectfully snipped)
But now...I've just watched it again. Listen, if they DO believe Grant(the video expert), and they believe the phone records of the phones pinging(which can't be disputed), then there is NO WAY to come to any other conclusion of them being guilty. If you believe that WAS their truck, and you'd have to if you believe Grant is the expert that he is, then you HAVE to conclude that their truck went down to PTL at the same time as HE's car did. There is no way to come to any other conclusion.

I've transcribed the part of the Judge's charge to the jury that causes me concern.

Mere presence at the scene of a crime is not sufficient to prove someone guilty of a crime. A defendant's presence where a crime is being committed, or mere association with a person who commits a crime, does not make a defendant an accomplice or an aider and abettor of the person committing the crime. The burden is on the State to prove every element of the crime charged. If you find, after reviewing all of the evidence, that the State has proved that the defendant was only present at the scene of a crime and that they have not proved beyond a reasonable doubt any other participation in the crime, then you must find the defendant not guilty. The law is that proof of [unintelligible] at the scene of the crime is not sufficient to find someone guilty.

The State objected to the inclusion of the above after reviewing the written charges but the Judge overruled. Hopefully Nancy sold the jury on TM's role in the inveigle and decoy aspects of kidnapping.

I had a dream last night/this morning that the jury came back with a verdict very quickly, in less than an hour. I hope that's the case!!

Good morning, everyone.

Actually I had wished that the jury did deliberate late yesterday afternoon, do a quick poll of guilty/innocent and come back out with a guilty verdict - even before the "exhibits" were brought in.

<modsnipped quoted post>

If it was me, I would have taken a nice long hot bath/shower and washed my hair because it could be the last time in awhile for privacy. *fingers crossed that today is the day*

Last edited by a moderator:
Juries always make me uneasy...

I can't imagine a single person in the Myrtle Beach area being unfamiliar with Heather's disappearance. Does anyone know the public sentiment regarding TM's guilt?

I am hoping for a guilty verdict, and I don't care how they got there, if I'm being honest. TM is guilty, and I can't imagine these jurists thinking anything but that, even before hearing the case.

I can't imagine a single person in the Myrtle Beach area being unfamiliar with Heather's disappearance. Does anyone know the public sentiment regarding TM's guilt?

I am hoping for a guilty verdict, and I don't care how they got there, if I'm being honest. TM is guilty, and I can't imagine these jurists thinking anything but that, even before hearing the case.

BBM.

According to whom? Tammy asserts they have support everywhere they turn!

Sadly, there aren't as many people here who know about this case as you would think. We have a lot of turnover here, as far as residents go. The people I know, though, who are aware of this case, fully believe TM and SM are guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆