AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barron County Sheriff's Department

Sheriff's FB page and post referenced in earlier comment. According to Tricia we can comment.

I went to SFB page and saw the comment re: Black car parked at Rambler's Rest for a week, etc. Dark tinted windows and had not moved. Rambler's Rest is five minutes from the crime scene. LE has been there just recently and photographed the vehicle and plate. Here is a map from the crime scene to Rambler's Rest. An excellent place to hide out, IMO. May be nothing, but sure looks suspicious.

Google Maps

Is the Rambling Rest a place where people would actually live as opposed to just a weekend stay?

Interesting to compare the address to the sex offenders list.

jmo

One of the recent arrests on the jail roster listed his address at the Rambler's Rest in old cases on WCCA. Not that I necessarily think it is related, but it is telling of what kind of establishment it is.

DNA on her neck? We don't know for sure if she was on the 911 call, or if she was, what she said or was heard saying

I believe there was no time to kill Jayme because the 911 call was made. She had seen the perp/s and could make an identification so she was taken out of the home to be dealt with later. I think the need to leave in a hurry is the only reason she wasn't killed right then. And I would be shocked if she is still alive at this point.

But I really,really hope she is.

Okay I know some of you may not care for Mark Furhman at times including myself but the thread was closed at the time he was being interviewed on Fox.

Since he spoke I can't get out of my mind what he said because it ALL made so much common sense and none of it I had ever even considered.

Anyway for those who may be interested I will try to post it in my own words for you.

He said he believes the evidence shows that Denise was the intended target. Here is the clear reason he gave. If James had been the intended target the mission would have been over right at the front door with no need to enter the home. They would have shot James and quickly left probably before Denise could have even seen who it was.

But he said they purposefully went inside to murder Denise. He also said the crime scene can reveal who may be the intended target. Such as if one victim suffered more gunshot wounds than another victim. Or if one victim had other type of injuries done by the killer beyond the gunshots themselves.

He said he does believe that Jayme has been killed and thinks the police know that too and know they are in recovery mode now.

He also said this which makes sense to me. He said the experts on the ground have the ability in less than a day's time to know if there are any vehicles in this county of 45000 that matches the 2 vehicles in question.

So he thinks the police already know the vehicles aren't from the county this happened in. He said they will go county by county searching the DMV data base looking for possible matches and interviewing anyone who may own the same type of vehicles crossing them off one by one.

So what do all of you think about this? I found all of it so facisinating. Jmo though

It makes a lot of sense. Its troubling to think why someone would target her. They seemed like just a normal everyday family.

Can you give info about the link? I don't click on links that I don't know where it will lead me.

Thanks.

jmo

A report on the local sex offenders in the neighborhood. Kind of intimidating to know how many in such a small area. I am just getting into this story, as I heard it on my XM on my drive to work and became curious. There is already so much information out, so I came here to get it all in one place.

I believe there was no time to kill Jayme because the 911 call was made. She had seen the perp/s and could make an identification so she was taken out of the home to be dealt with later. I think the need to leave in a hurry is the only reason she wasn't killed right then. And I would be shocked if she is still alive at this point.

But I really,really hope she is.

But what if she was barely alive before the call?

It does seem that the pics on her FB were taken by someone else (I'm guessing her mother or friends). Speaks to the fact that she probably doesn't have a cell phone or her parents monitored her activity.
You’d be shocked how many kids are under 13 on fb etc. Even moreso at how many parents set it up for them, or are aware their kids have it!! I’ve heard parents who say things like “oh it’s just for friends and family to keep in touch...”. Ahuh. No. Just. No. Call. Send snail mail (kids love that!). But keep kids off social media and messenger programs! Also keep them off games that allow players to chat at each other!! Ugh

Is the Rambling Rest a place where people would actually live as opposed to just a weekend stay?

Interesting to compare the address to the sex offenders list.

jmo

It looks to me to be a typical truck driver type of overnight stay. It butts up pretty close to a big travel plaza where on Google Maps street view there are vast parking lots, gas station and the typical highway truck stop look you’d see off most rural highways with not much else around.

I'm not buying that she was the intended target but what he, Mark Furhman, says. They only lived a couple of miles out of town and we saw how quick the authorities responded to the 911 call. I think if they just killed James and left it would allow Denise to call 911 and clearly report a homicide, instead of it initially thought of as a suicide. I think if she was able to notify them immediately of a homicide the perp would already be caught. There would be a good chance she could also have saw the vehicle they were in. This is assuming they were leaving and there was no longer a danger to her or Jayme. Denise could have very well been the intended target but I think either parent or both were the intended ones. At least that is my feeling up to this point.

Last edited:
Sheriff Fitzgerald on Ashleigh Banfield now.

The gist of this interview, is that basically if you have thought of something that they should be doing, they are doing it.

They are looking at everything, from digital records, surveillance footage, searching vacation homes, checking out vehicle tips, you name it.

She asked nearly every question that I have, although the Sheriff mostly refused comment.

Encouraging and discouraging at the same time, as they are covering their bases, but to no avail.

Last edited:
That time gap is the most perpexing unanswered question that I have.

I absolutely don’t believe that anything sexual happened during the initial crime, as time was of the essence and the perpetrator unfortunately, would have endless time to do that upon his successful escape.

Had this been a less forceful, and quieter event, I wouldn’t exclude that possibility.

I think that events inside that house transpired in a way that inhibited a more hasty escape.

What that is, we could endlessly speculate.
My hunch (for what it's worth) is that the dad was shot at the door and the neighbors heard those shots. There then was some time spent finding the females in the house. I imagine the mom was frantically moving around in confusion, looking for her phone, and also in protection mode. If she did indeed go into the bathroom, it might have taken some time to get to her. And if Jayme was in her room (which I think she was), then the perp had to handle two people in two locations.

With interior gun shots hitting the mom, perhaps the neighbors couldn't have heard the noise.

We have heard that Jayme was there during the murders, but I don't think we have confirmation that she was in the house during the 911 call. It might have been her mom on the phone and Jayme was taken away by then.

There is also the rather strong possibility that the neighbor's account is a bit off.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member