GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Heather. You never got to (legally) enjoy a glass of wine at the end of a long day or experience the things in life that would have followed your twenties (there are so many that hurt too much to type) but today a little bit of justice was served.

Cheers to Heather, the jury, Nancy & team, the fine group of folks here and Tricia for creating a safe place for us.

Attachments

• 93E1611E-1CBA-4AF3-880D-9D8852F2C5A5.jpeg
    93E1611E-1CBA-4AF3-880D-9D8852F2C5A5.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 17
GUILTY: Wife is sentenced to 30 years in prison after jury finds her guilty of kidnapping her husband's mistress - but she is cleared of murder because the young girl's body was never found
  • Tammy Moorer was sentenced to 30 years in prison on charges of kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap on Tuesday
  • She was found guilty in the disappearance of Heather Elvis, 20, who was last seen in 2013 and had been having an affair with Sidney Moorer
  • The Moorers were both charged with murder as well initially, but that charge was dropped due to the fact that Elvis' body has never been found
  • Elvis drove her car to a pier in Myrtle Beach in December of 2013 and was never seen again, with her abandoned car found near the dock the next day
  • After the conviction, Moorer begged for leniency and said she needed to care for her children, who she was seen hugging after the verdict
  • Moorer claimed during the trial that she suffered a miscarriage while in prison
By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 13:48 EDT, 23 October 2018 | UPDATED: 16:09 EDT, 23 October 2018
Tammy Moorer gets 30 years in prison after she is found guilty of kidnapping her husband's mistress | Daily Mail Online

Wow - I recall reading about this missing girl 5 years ago. Thankfully, family finally getting some justice. Sad...

GUILTY: Wife is sentenced to 30 years in prison after jury finds her guilty of kidnapping her husband's mistress - but she is cleared of murder because the young girl's body was never found
  • Tammy Moorer was sentenced to 30 years in prison on charges of kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap on Tuesday
  • She was found guilty in the disappearance of Heather Elvis, 20, who was last seen in 2013 and had been having an affair with Sidney Moorer
  • The Moorers were both charged with murder as well initially, but that charge was dropped due to the fact that Elvis' body has never been found
  • Elvis drove her car to a pier in Myrtle Beach in December of 2013 and was never seen again, with her abandoned car found near the dock the next day
  • After the conviction, Moorer begged for leniency and said she needed to care for her children, who she was seen hugging after the verdict
  • Moorer claimed during the trial that she suffered a miscarriage while in prison
By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 13:48 EDT, 23 October 2018 | UPDATED: 16:09 EDT, 23 October 2018
Tammy Moorer gets 30 years in prison after she is found guilty of kidnapping her husband's mistress | Daily Mail Online

Wow - I recall reading about this missing girl 5 years ago. Thankfully, family finally getting some justice. Sad...

She has NOT been CLEARED of murder.

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY
Sidney and Tammy Moorer cases to be heard by different judges, SC Supreme Court ruling says

Tammy Moorer’s kidnapping trial is set to begin Oct. 8.

_________

I know most of us are emotionally invested in this case. Please be mindful of the following while posting:

1) No sleuthing of witnesses, family members or friends, including their background or their social media accounts.
2) No name calling or name variations.
3) When copying/pasting from articles be sure to only copy 10%. In addition, be sure to include links with photos.

0.jpg

link

Twitter roll:
Marissa Tansino WMBF (@MarissaTansino) | Twitter
Wild About Trial (@WildAboutTrial) | Twitter
Nick Papantonis WPDE (@NickPapantonis) | Twitter
Alex Lang (@LangSunNews) | Twitter
Julie Calhoun (@JulieCalhounTV) | Twitter
WBTW News 13 (@WBTWNews13) | Twitter

livestream:
https://wildabouttrial.com/live-streaming/live-stream-1/
Law & Crime

Watch

trial archives:
#HeatherElvis - YouTube
https://wildabouttrial.com/archives/tammy-moorer-trial-video-archive/

Websleuth's page for Heather Elvis:
Heather Elvis

Thread #1 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018

Thread #2 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #2

Thread #3 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #3

Thread #4 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #4

Thread #5 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #5

Thread #6 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #6

Thread#7 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #7

Thread #8 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #8

Thread #9 - Tammy Moorer on trial for Kidnapping and Conspiracy to Kidnap Heather Elvis - 8 Oct 2018 #9

______

Sydney Glenn‏ @SydneyWPDE
Elvis family holding each other tight during the #TammyMoorerTrial

Dpu-9p9XUAIh-0h.jpg
I kept looking for this case under TRIALS thread(?)!!! Happy for guilty verdict....

I just heard this news. I have to get caught up but am overwhelmed since I have followed so closely, quietly, and have tried to remain hopeful. But Oh my how bitter sweet for the Elvis family. My prayers out for all of her loved ones, may they find some sliver of satisfaction.

<modsnipped>, and a small part of me stops and just pains for the Moorer children, these criminals hurt so many people.
Heather, find some peace.

jmo
@WideOpen - Hey stranger! So good to see you. What a day!

To Heather. You never got to (legally) enjoy a glass of wine at the end of a long day or experience the things in life that would have followed your twenties (there are so many that hurt too much to type) but today a little bit of justice was served.

Cheers to Heather, the jury, Nancy & team, the fine group of folks here and Tricia for creating a safe place for us.

BEAUTIFUL! What a lovely way to honor her today.

i just watched the verdict again... and TM talking to her kids beforehand... and her attorney talking to them. He looks more concerned for them than she does. They so shouldn't have had to be in there. And her mother not looking at her spoke volumes to me. But a question... didn't her MOTHER hire this attorney, or all of them, for her? So she had a say in who represented her.

MOO. ALL TM has stated over and over was if she could speak and tell her story, the world would know she was innocent. IMO HER WORDS closed the cell door on her, in addition to her attitude on the stand, so she has NO ONE to blame but herself. Shaking my damn head over all of this. I do feel sorry for the kids and i HOPE beyond HOPE that someone steps in and gets their lives straightened. I fear if they continue living with PC, they will continue on the path that TM's life was based on... lies after lies after lies.

I'm still on page 33 of the previous thread when it was titled "verdict watch" and I'm very excited to wake and discover there has been a guilty verdict. The time out, or whatever it's called, that I 'earned' from the Disboards for questioning why we couldn't mention her case (when this case broke), was worth it for this result :D

Thanks to different time zones and it being morning where I live, I shall now go back to where I left off last night. Thanks to everyone for your contributions, it's greatly appreciated by this Australian :D

The Elvis family was gracious and kind in acknowledging how 2 families were broken now because of the selfish actions of the parents. And that is true. They have empathy for others, especially for the children who do not deserve what all is happening to them. Let's hope over time they will find honest and good people to guide them forward.
Hopefully Sidneys parents will step in. His mom seemed normal to me.

Someone here said something last week about digging up that new playground at the compound to see if her phone, keys, and pregnancy test are encased in cement there. I'm all for that!

TM's sister mentioned that playground way too many times in my opinion. It made me think there must be something buried under there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd