AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’m pressed for time and won’t be able to read some of the previous pages until later. So I apologize if it’s already been posted blah blah yadda yadda...

I heard Banfield on HLN while driving again today interviewing the Sheriff after the search (she’s proving to have some great access!) and where is @Dum-Dum Sucker with the transcript?!? I can’t seem to find them OR the videos online. But I need to listen to the whole thing.

Can someone enlighten me as to why LE divulging the location of the wife's body may compromise their investigation, but releasing the location of the husband's body won't?
interesting question. i'm wondering if it just has to do with the fact that they found James first and it was reported (i believe?) in the 911 call log, so they didn't have control over keeping that information secret right from the beginning...not sure if there is a strategic reason behind it. could be totally wrong of course though. JMO

I have guns strategically placed throught my home , especially at all entrances and exits, and in my out buildings.

I have motion sensors all over my property. They all have different tones so I know where there might be a problem before anything happens.

Also I have special doors that cannot be shot through, even with a shotgun. It's a 2 edged sword as I can't shoot through on the inside either. Also I would never open my door without a gun, especially at that hour, even if it was a neighbor.

My town has a population of 800. Maybe we are more paranoid out here than a bigger town.

All I know is I am as prepared as I can be.
I couldn’t imagine living that way. Not being critical, I know many people who live the same way. And it baffles me. I’m naive, I know, I always want to think the best. Probably be the death of me someday.

It’s not been satisfactorily explained if dad was home when this crime started, or how the door came to be kicked in. Looking at the info posted by Whiskers at the top of each new thread, a family member said dad was at work when Jayme and her mom went to a birthday party earlier in the day. No doubt James was shot in the doorway. I know it’s all circumstantial, but I keep going back to he walked into a crime in progress against his family, and someone was tied to the chair. Things happened very quickly after that. That’s only my opinion.
He would have fallen the other way, not have his feet as the first thing the first responders saw upon walking up.

I have guns strategically placed throught my home , especially at all entrances and exits, and in my out buildings.

I have motion sensors all over my property. They all have different tones so I know where there might be a problem before anything happens.

Also I have special doors that cannot be shot through, even with a shotgun. It's a 2 edged sword as I can't shoot through on the inside either. Also I would never open my door without a gun, especially at that hour, even if it was a neighbor.

My town has a population of 800. Maybe we are more paranoid out here than a bigger town.

I just came to borrow some sugar neighbor. :)

Oh God, this could have very well been me hahaha. Not literally of course, but I was at a pub last night and got talking to a bloke, and the first thing I said to him was about the Jayme Closs case. Then I started drawing parallels to other cases like I was bloody Rainman lolz, talking about bodies and dump sites.

He must have thought I was a lunatic.
OH God. All of my friends are so sick o hearing about JC and SW!!

God forgive me, but is it possible that Jayme is still somewhere in the house, in some hidden location, deceased?

I know that sounds far fetched, but there was a woman not too long ago, who was missing for a couple of years. Turns out, her body was located between walls in her attic- how she got there, is anyone's guess. New owners kept complaining about an odd smell, and that's how they found her.

Wow.

I wonder why it took so long to call LE? 20 mins is a long time.

I wonder if the bathroom was in the basement.

LE is saying they do not know who called. Apparently the phone was not found by the mother’s body?

If Jayme has a phone, then it was not her phone that was used. If she has the phone, it should have pinged at some point unless because she used it all day it was charging overnight?

Ok I’m pressed for time and won’t be able to read some of the previous pages until later. So I apologize if it’s already been posted blah blah yadda yadda...

I heard Banfield on HLN while driving again today interviewing the Sheriff after the search (she’s proving to have some great access!) and where is @Dum-Dum Sucker with the transcript?!? I can’t seem to find them OR the videos online. But I need to listen to the whole thing.

The transcripts for AB's show are typically updated online the day after the show airs, and can be found on this page: CNN.com - Transcripts

I have the AB show set to record via my DVR, but for anyone else who wants to catch up on today's episode you can listen to the podcast version, as well.

Here's a link to today's episode: Hunt for missing girl after parents killed. Mystery after lawyer mom killed on vacation. Family mysteriously turns up missing & dead. from Crime & Justice with Ashleigh Banfield

MOO

If Denise was the target, I am wondering if Jayme left the house alive. I'm thinking in a very dark place, but watching your child die slowly by being strangled, suffocated, etc while you are helpless would be much worse than being quickly shot dead
I share this thought. And didn’t I read somewhere that the dad was still alive briefly when LE arrived? If so, perhaps dad was the target, forced to witness God knows what horrors in those 20 minutes. Followed by kidnapping, which would be the only way to make it even more retalitory after 911 was called. Hope this is wrong!

honest question, no snark

Do you feel all that is warrented? Does all that seem a bit overkill (no pun intended)? Especially in a town of 800?

Genuinly curious becaus it sounds like you built a bunker preparing for war or are terrified of people in town?
I see it as being proactive and protective. My father made me feel safe by always being careful and protective of our family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member