AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, in a sense, hope that Radar story is real and the tip is helpful. It's dark, but any answer is better than none. Really not a fan of this person going to Radar with it, though. It's best to let LE determine what they want the public to know that they know. In the hopeful situation where Jayme is still alive, we don't need her to be in the care of a panicked murderer worried that authorities are closing in.

I'll admit I was initially assuming this was a situation with a teen or man Jayme met online, because we've seen that sort of thing happen before and children can get up to all sorts of cyber-misadventures in secret without realizing how much trouble it could lead to. It's not at all challenging Jayme's innocence or victimhood. She's an innocent victim. But now that they've presumably had access to some degree of her technology for several days, it's doubtful that's the case. There would have to have been some lead buried in chat logs.

God forgive me, but is it possible that Jayme is still somewhere in the house, in some hidden location, deceased?

I know that sounds far fetched, but there was a woman not too long ago, who was missing for a couple of years. Turns out, her body was located between walls in her attic- how she got there, is anyone's guess. New owners kept complaining about an odd smell, and that's how they found her.

I feel that the dogs would be able to smell that? That must have been a fluke, though I do recall another case where a man was found in the wall of a flea market recently too

I absolutely believe DC was intended target. Could she have been involved in something or someone? If someone wanted to kidnap Jayme, it could have been done much quieter. What happened sounds like a crime of passion, anger, personal. I believe the family might have an inkling of who and why and they are not going to risk anything by talking to the press.

As for Jayme being missing, that 911 call made them flee and there was no way they were going to risk that she survived being shot or the police walk in on a triple murder. I believe sadly, that she's no longer with us but they did it while the police were distracted with the 911 call to the house.

So many questions I have: What about that big black suitcase? Was there anything stolen from house, was it ransacked?

My bet is whoever it is is local, has some ties to the mom/family and have no priors aside from petty stuff. Time will tell hopefully.

I do, in a sense, hope that Radar story is real and the tip is helpful. It's dark, but any answer is better than none. Really not a fan of this person going to Radar with it, though. It's best to let LE determine what they want the public to know that they know. In the hopeful situation where Jayme is still alive, we don't need her to be in the care of a panicked murderer worried that authorities are closing in.

I'll admit I was initially assuming this was a situation with a teen or man Jayme met online, because we've seen that sort of thing happen before and children can get up to all sorts of cyber-misadventures in secret without realizing how much trouble it could lead to. It's not at all challenging Jayme's innocence or victimhood. She's an innocent victim. But now that they've presumably had access to some degree of her technology for several days, it's doubtful that's the case. There would have to have been some lead buried in chat logs.

Did we know she went to Radar or did Radar just see her story online and go with it?

I share this thought. And didn’t I read somewhere that the dad was still alive briefly when LE arrived? If so, perhaps dad was the target, forced to witness God knows what horrors in those 20 minutes. Followed by kidnapping, which would be the only way to make it even more retalitory after 911 was called. Hope this is wrong!
Dad was deceased when police arrived. For some reason there was a wrong story and it was corrected, but some news agencies have continued to carry that mistake.

Oh, I'm not sure. I didn't notice there was an original source, my bad. Either way, I wouldn't publicize the tip at all!

Edit: Oh no, I never thought I'd be the new member on a message board who can't figure out the Quote function. The above's for you, Rallibella.

Can someone enlighten me as to why LE divulging the location of the wife's body may compromise their investigation, but releasing the location of the husband's body won't?

Because, IMO, not due to anything that's been said by LE at this time, but because Denise was said to be in the home, there's a high chance that there was sexual assault in the victimology. That's not something usually released when the daughter is still missing and could possibly still be alive, I don't think.
I believe it would not extend her chance of survival at all.

I hope this makes sense. I know what I mean. It's like not saying " kidnapped" but " endangered missing". They want to use the LEAST INFLAMMATORY terms possible for that slim chance that Jayme is alive so the abductor doesn't panic and kill her.

We know the chances are high that at some point, when the autopsies are completed, we will know more of what happened to each parent. If I was holding the press conference and was asked the question about where Denise was found, and what was believed to have happened inside the house prior to James's arrival and the progression to gunshots, I'd say: " There's time for this info to be told, and it will be forthcoming as soon as the forensic autopsies are concluded and correlated with our crime scene processing data, but now, they are looking for the little girl first and foremost".

I absolutely believe DC was intended target. Could she have been involved in something or someone? If someone wanted to kidnap Jayme, it could have been done much quieter. What happened sounds like a crime of passion, anger, personal. I believe the family might have an inkling of who and why and they are not going to risk anything by talking to the press.

As for Jayme being missing, that 911 call made them flee and there was no way they were going to risk that she survived being shot or the police walk in on a triple murder. I believe sadly, that she's no longer with us but they did it while the police were distracted with the 911 call to the house.

So many questions I have: What about that big black suitcase? Was there anything stolen from house, was it ransacked?

My bet is whoever it is is local, has some ties to the mom/family and have no priors aside from petty stuff. Time will tell hopefully.
But why not just kill Jayme as well, instead of the huge hassle of figuring out what to do with her, if he did not intend to take her in the first place?

If I'm here to gain any kind of personal credit or pats on the back, then I'm here for the wrong reasons. It should ALWAYS be about the victims.

True and I certainly understand where you are coming from, but someone in a position to pay you is stealing and then profiting off of your intellectual property. That is a no-no no matter your empathic intents and purposes.

JMO.

I have guns strategically placed throught my home , especially at all entrances and exits, and in my out buildings.

I have motion sensors all over my property. They all have different tones so I know where there might be a problem before anything happens.

Also I have special doors that cannot be shot through, even with a shotgun. It's a 2 edged sword as I can't shoot through on the inside either. Also I would never open my door without a gun, especially at that hour, even if it was a neighbor.

My town has a population of 800. Maybe we are more paranoid out here than a bigger town.

All I know is I am as prepared as I can be.

My dad lived the same way, but it always seemed like he was living in fear.

Consider the source here, but whoah!

Jayme Closs Case Break: Police Receive Chilling Tip Conversation With Strange Man

“You know I hate this area. [There are] just plant jobs. That’s all there is. What do you think about the Jacob Wetterling case? I think I know who did it,” the man continued. “Kids go missing and women go missing all the time. They get taken from their homes or vehicles and are never found. You never know how many bodies a person has. There could be 18 bodies buried across the country and no one would ever know.”
Wow. Good find @SharonNeedles - as usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck