AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
A helpful map source that I haven't seen any reference to here are online county Geographic Information System (GIS) maps.

Several earlier question on the Closs's property boundaries could have been researched here.

Barron County's GIS site is easier that many to use on a phone, but a computer and mouse work better. This one has a "hybrid" map setting which shows the yellow boundary lines against a satellite background (lower right icon, 3 dots and 3 lines.) You can tap properties to learn the owner information, or use the search icon (lower left) to search for owner names, etc.

WGX Mobile

Or do a Google search for "Barron County Wisconsin GIS map"

I would want to hear the 911 call including anything they learned from sound enhancements/filtering.
That got me thinking
If LE heard a male voice on the call that wasn’t the dad, then wouldn’t they have said it was a male they heard? Or wouldn’t they release a pice of the recurring with his voice? Didn’t they release a clip of the perp’s voice in that Indiana case with the 2 girls walking on the train bridge? I think it was a bridge?? Or maybe just train tracks??

The Challenger has been located. It belongs to an employee at Jenny O. Owner if the car is cleared.
It comes from the sheriff. He was interviewed on Banfield.

Black Acura belongs to a lady who was driving home from work.

We have basically nothing.

The Challenger has been located. It belongs to an employee at Jenny O. Owner if the car is cleared.

So then the neighbor was right when she said she saw the car in the Jenny O parking lot!

Unless you know something we don’t, LE is still looking for those types of vehicles.

Just because particular drivers of those vehicles have been identified, doesn’t mean that the vehicles in question have been found.

Do you have a link to an article that says that police are no longer searching for these vehicles?

I admit that I've only recently started following this story, so it's possible that some of the following doesn't fit the facts, but... Speculation mode on.

Rather than being after someone, I think the perp/perps (equal odds on one vs two) were actually after something - probably either money or drugs. I suppose it's possible the family was involved in something, but more likely, ither they had faulty information, or they went to the wrong house.

The father hears noises at the front door and goes to see what it is. As he's trying to see out the window, the perp/perps kick the door in. The father may be knocked over/knocked backwards by the door - in any event, the perp shoots him twice. These are the gunshots the neighbor hears.

Mother may have heard this and told the daughter to hide, and may then have intentionally allowed the perps to see her in an attempt to lure them away from the daughter's hiding spot. Perhaps she ran into the bathroom? Perps drag her out of the bathroom and tie her up in a chair (the chair pictured with rope or whatever clinging to it). Perps probably start torturing the mother to get her to tell them where to find the drugs/money/whatever that they think is there. Likely they don't know there's anyone else in the house.

This goes on for 15/20 minutes. Daughter, who has been hiding, decides that she has to do something. Sneaks into parent's bedroom (or where ever) and grabs mom's phone, calls 911. (Maybe she's already tried her own phone - maybe the battery is dead? Or maybe wherever she's hiding, mom's phone is closer.) The screaming for help may be the mother.

My guess would be that at this point, either the daughter tries to help her mother/tries to make a break for it or the perps are searching the house - in any event, they realize that there's someone else in the house, and that person has undoubtedly called the police. They're out of time, they shoot the mother. Most likely the daughter has escaped and they go after her - but remotely possible that they still think the family has money/drugs/whatever and they take the daughter thinking they can either ransom her, or she can tell them where to find what they want.
Ok...Let's try this out. The parents were targeted because they were going to expose the local meth operation (anybody see Winter's Bone?). They love their child and other children in the community and don't want to see them eventually exposed to that world.. Word got out..and they were silenced. Jayme wasn't killed right away because she was not targeted. If she could ID the killers or if their DNA/fibers were on her..well...you can guess the rest...just one more possible twist to this case

I do often think about this when I just can't reconcile certain facts and am at a loss for connecting pieces. I keep going back to meth though. I know that's been a bit of a touchy subject on this forum but it IS a big problem in the area and maybe if we can't make sense of things, it's because well, they truly don't. Meth can greatly increase both libido and adrenaline, I'm not discounting that this is what could've been at play here.
I’ve heard police say it causes some criminals to have super human strength too

Darn! Frustrating for all concerned, I'm sure. They did a good job, though, found the answers quickly. Perhaps this means the killer left the area via a different route.

Apologies if I missed a discussion about this but I am wondering what you all think about it taking one full week for the car information to come out? I assume they checked all the nearby cameras within a day or two. Presumably local DMV checks were done too. Do you think it took a full week to ID 2 cars in on local cameras? Or is it more likely that they "found" these cars due to credible tips? Just curious.

In response to some of your questions, I found this segment on AB's show from 10/22 to be helpful re: vehicles of interest (bbm):

[18:05:01] BANFIELD: Have any of those tips panned out? Have you gotten any leads that seem promising in the search for Jayme?

FITZGERALD: Yeah, we have. And that`s why we released the vehicles of interest this afternoon -- late this afternoon. Just a little bit less than an hour ago, we released two vehicles of interest that were seen in the area of the Closs home at the time of the incident.

[....]

FITZGERALD: We`ve had our experts go over hours of video and those are the best images that we can come up with so far. They continue to look at that information as we see -- as it comes across our investigator`s desk and that was the best we could come up with so far. And that`s why we released that to the public so they could help us because there were definitely two vehicles in the area that were vehicles of interest. They are not suspects. They are vehicles of interest. We need to know why those vehicles were in the area and who they belong to.

[....]

BANFIELD: And do you have any read on plates at all?

FITZGERALD: No, there is no good shot at this time. Again, we continue to go over video. If there`s anybody else that has video, we continue to collect that. We believe we have most or all of the video that we need collected and we hope -- unless we`re missing somebody out there, we hope that if anybody has video or truck video or video from maybe a dash cam of some sort, we want to collect that video.

BANFIELD: And so the information that you just released on these cars that are of interest, these vehicles, did that come from doorbell cams or did that come from surveillance from businesses, but maybe not particularly right in the area of their home?

FITZGERALD: I don`t know exactly where every piece of evidence came from or video came from, but I can tell you it came from private homes and from businesses. I do know that. But the exact outcome of each video that we recovered is unknown.
CNN.com - Transcripts

Here's a thought about why Denise was in the bathroom (if she was...not confirmed by LE that she was):

Maybe her phone was in the bathroom. So, to call 911, she had to get to the bathroom.

Just a thought. Not based on anything.

jmo

eta: correction

She could have been cornered in the bathroom while doing her business, too, or she could've been trying to escape and locked herself in there once she was forced out of another room.

Im definitely gonna need a link for this. Seriously. Just to avoid rumors.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 17
Sheriff is saying he let the public know to look for those cars. He released that information . His wording makes you think they aren't looking for them anymore but they are still looking for those two cars!look

Evidently went and checked at jenn y o for the car the witness saw there and it belonged to a worker!

Sheriff is saying he let the public know to go too for those cars. He released that information . His wording makes you think they aren't looking for them anymore but they are still looking for those two cars!
Yes. My understanding was that tips had been called in regarding both types of vehicles (Charger and Accura/Ford).

Those tips had been cleared, as the people driving those vehicles were determined not to be involved.

The Sheriff addressed the Charger on AB, saying that the one in question (parked at plant), wasn’t involved.

Those cars are still out there.

That whole story is so ridiculous. A creepy man at a gas station several weeks ago? And suddenly police are hot on the trail? Because...

Not blasting you for posting it -- I read it as soon as I saw it too. It's just not very plausible to me.
No worries. I read it and thought this seems very poorly written and very suspect. I have in the past received tips or intel in unusual ways so I think to never count anything out 100% without a trained look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.