AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my good friend/neighbor directly across the street from my house (a subdivision with houses fairly close together) committed suicide in her bathroom (by shotgun) I woke to a loud bang but did not even know what it was until police arrived shortly after.

Same happened when my neighbor/aunt was shot in my back yard as she was trimming flowers near the lot lines between our yards ... we were renting from them at the time, a country road with a little distance between us. The perpetrator, her son, was in their house and shot her through his bedroom window. One large boom, and we were not sure where it came from ... I thought my baby's crib had fallen apart and ran into her room, and she was peacefully sleeping. And then sirens and police and ....

I guess my point is that we do not always immediately connect one our two shots to a crime.

When I was in my teens we had a neighbor who shot himself in one if his bathrooms. At the time we lived in a duplex so there was only a wall separating us from that family.

He had used a .357 magnum handgun. My mom was a stay at home mom at that time and I was on summer break. Neither one of us heard anything and neither did the neighbors on the other side of their duplex.

The police were called for a wellness check and that is how they found him dead.

Also we have read about so many cases here where multiple people had been shot and murdered inside of their apartment or home and no one heard any of the shots coming from inside the dwellings.

There are various legitimate reasons for that imo vs. hearing shots that were done from the outside instead of inside.

There are many things inside of a home that act as buffers where sounds are not heard from the outside.

Jmo

I was firmly in the camp of Jayme being the target. Once Mark Fuhrman said he felt it was Denise I have really been wondering about his reasons. I feel like he would not put something out there unless he had some good reasons. Then I read @SeekingJana 's comment answering someone else about why they might be keeping Denise's body location undisclosed. If this case gets solved and closed and we are able to see the facts and autopsy reports we may well find that a sexual assault in the home might be the insider info MF had.

I still can't get my head around taking Jayme if she wasn't the target but it may have been her close resemblance to her mother making her a younger more compliant version.
But then he also kept saying red and white Chrysler. I couldn’t figure out if he knew more or wasn’t all there.

Th

“They have” indicates a fact is coming. After the fact is stated, then a link to the fact needs to be provided.
Respectfully. M.
I said they because I was having a conversation between two people. I was asking him not the rest of the room. That's why I
You neglected to put a question mark, which made it look like you were stating it as a fact.
No it was a convo between two people. I was not stating a fact or asking the room a question. It was a post to a specific post made by someone else. I apologize because this is a public room and I need to make my post clearer.

Does anyone know or have heard of what was in the suitcase?

It was the Medical Examiner's suitcase.

ETA: Sorry, I see now the above was already answered by others. I'm having trouble with the site and thought I was on the last page when posting. This is so frustrating not being able to read and respond!

Last edited:
I think the one about a corpse is a bit peculiar?

It does say "theft from a person or a corpse." Weird charge. How many times does this charge apply to a corpse rather than a living person?

Also, I'm less suspicious of the other booking (that stood out to me) after poking around Facebook. Not sure how much I'm allowed to say here, hence the vagueness.

After Massive Ground Search, Effort To Find Jayme Closs Enters 10th Day
When the hours-long search ended in the afternoon, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said his team is investigating some of the items collected.

So far, nothing seems to give them major leads in the case, which means the biggest lead so far are the two vehicles that came up on nearby surveillance.

“Those vehicles were in the area at the time of the incident,” Fitzgerald said. “They are vehicles of interest and that is why we need to locate [them]…why were they in the area and maybe they saw something.”

The vehicles in question are a red car, believed to be a Dodge Challenger, and a black SUV, believed to be either a Ford Edge or an Acura MDX.

Article today from the Barron News-Shield:

Bank account established
A fund established for the family of the late Jim and Denise Closs, and their daughter, Jayme, could reach at least $30,000 this week, according to a family member.

Cameron resident JS, whose wife, J, is Denise Closs’ sister, contacted area newspapers last week to announce he had set up an account for the family at Sterling Bank.

JS said one donor had already offered $10,000, and has information that Jennie-O Turkey Store, where Jim and Denise Closs were employed, has also been gathering donations.

“I have heard that (the Jennie-O donations) could be at $20,000,” JS said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151