NE - Angry Soccer Mom Abandons Daughter on Interstate

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
This story made me mad enough to spit nails.

Angry soccer mom drops child off on interstate

Associated Press
Published on: 04/19/07
LINCOLN, Neb. — An angry soccer mom who left her teenage daughter alongside an interstate was ticketed for neglect, Lincoln police said. Police spokeswoman Katherine Finnell confirmed this account from police reports:

The 42-year-old Lincoln mom was miffed about her daughter's poor play last Saturday.

On their drive home the girl flubbed the lines her mom had drilled into her on how to improve her game, so the mother slapped her daughter.

more at link

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2007/04/19/0419soccermom.html?imw=Y

Wow. Competitive much?

Sickening.

This is nuts! Thank goodness nothing happened to the girl!

What a wnderful mother NOT!
Thank heavens the other girls mother saw her stranded there and picked her up so she could be safe. If the mother did this, no telling what else the poor kid has been subjected to through the years.

VB

What a wnderful mother NOT!
Thank heavens the other girls mother saw her stranded there and picked her up so she could be safe. If the mother did this, no telling what else the poor kid has been subjected to through the years.

VB

My thoughts exactly. I have no room in my brain for parents who are this competitive...it's a mental disorder as far as I'm concerned...insane.

My thoughts exactly. I have no room in my brain for parents who are this competitive...it's a mental disorder as far as I'm concerned...insane.
Just wanted to pop in and say hi SCMama
I wonder if this lady was an underachiever or an overachiever as a youth? Could go either way, but it is certainly one extreme or the other.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi SCMama
I wonder if this lady was an underachiever or an overachiever as a youth? Could go either way, but it is certainly one extreme or the other.

Hi JBean, :blowkiss:

I hope you are well! You're right - could cut both ways!

SCM

:eek: That is insane. The girl could have been hit by a car or kidnapped. Her mother should be locked up, then forced to take anger management classes along with parenting classes.

:clap: :clap:
:eek: That is insane. The girl could have been hit by a car or kidnapped. Her mother should be locked up, then forced to take anger management classes along with parenting classes.
:clap: :clap:

We are entering our 2nd year in Little League. Supposedly there's a new Board of Commissioners that are really, truly, really, really going to crack down on these types of parents at games. :silenced: I'll believe it when I see it.

What is up with parents like this?? :( This woman put her daughter's life in danger because of a friggin game? :loser:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We are entering our 2nd year in Little League. Supposedly there's a new Board of Commissioners that are really, truly, really, really going to crack down on these types of parents at games. :silenced: I'll believe it when I see it.

What is up with parents like this?? :( This woman put her daughter's life in danger because of a friggin game? :loser:
Taximom,
Evidently the mother has her priorities wrong...very wrong. I find that so sad.

where the hell do these freaky, demented people come from?? what planet am i on.....??????

where the hell do these freaky, demented people come from?? what planet am i on.....??????

Planet Earth Reb- where sport is a huge money making machine, where people get paid millions of dollars to kick a soccor ball or hit a tennis ball- as children lay dying from starvation- where it's not alright to lose- where you have to do better! - it's not about how you play the game its about winning godammit!

I bet this mom is one of those who spits obscenities at the refs and talks nasty about the other team. We had a mom in high school who would sit at our bball games and keep track of who played for how long. Then she would put it in the coach's face and demand her kid got more time to play. Obviously, only her kid was important. It still MAKES ME MAD:furious:

Cuz guess who was the other kid who had to sit after these episodes?

I'm glad my parents didn't behave like morons.

This incident may be only one area where the girl is mistreated. She's probably treated this way about everything she does. I hope she is given the chance to choose to live with relatives or even go to a girl's home if she is being mentally abused and her safety being threatened.

i am interested to know the mass psychology behind this relatively new phenomenon. i never, ever, ever saw or heard of a parent acting like this at a sports event (or threatening teachers for not giving their kid a better grade).. when i was growing up. they would be considered insane. but then again our civility is eroding faster than the speed of light. this seems be be a new thing, and i don't understand where or when grown adults started to behave this way. again, another sign of devolution, for sure. it seems we are rapidly turning back into animals!

i am interested to know the mass psychology behind this relatively new phenomenon. i never, ever, ever saw or heard of a parent acting like this at a sports event (or threatening teachers for not giving their kid a better grade).. when i was growing up. they would be considered insane. but then again our civility is eroding faster than the speed of light. this seems be be a new thing, and i don't understand where or when grown adults started to behave this way. again, another sign of devolution, for sure. it seems we are rapidly turning back into animals!

Things have changed- wouldn't have happened when I was growing up either-

I know Reb- disheartening isn' it?

But I choose to think- there is more evolving going on, than de volving- optimistic?

Very sad. Poor girl. Mother needs help in a bad way...... :mad:

That's interesting. I am 32 years old and growing up, I saw this a lot, unfortunately. One of my soccer coaches was so out of control that I almost quit the game that I had loved so much. He threw tantrums, screamed at us and was such a bully. Needless to say, he only lasted one season. By the way, this was a YOUTH league for preteens. It was ridiculous. I was close friends with his son and daughter and always felt so badly for them.

My senior year of high school I was a manager of the boys basketball team. One of the star players had a problem with his temper and was playing rather poorly. There was one parent (whose son had graduated 4 years before that!) who would not shut up. Was screaming at the players nonstop to the point that we were waiting for someone to come and ask him to leave. So the star player gets called for a foul, has a temper tantrum, stomps over to the bench where he then proceeds to angrily throw his water bottle into the stands. Guess where it landed - of course it hit the psycho father. The crazy guy jumped down the bleachers and started punching the player until the coaches were able to pull him off. It was so awful and unbelievable.

I should also add that I am from an EXTREMELY small town in CT. Our high school only had a 150 people and everyone in the town knew each other. Heck - the guy who attacked the player was a neighbor of his!

I will NEVER understand how someone could get so consumed by competiveness that it would lead to violence. It makes me sick.

I agree, Masterj. I saw a few idiot parents acting this way at their children's sporting events 40 years ago.

That's interesting. I am 32 years old and growing up, I saw this a lot, unfortunately. One of my soccer coaches was so out of control that I almost quit the game that I had loved so much. He threw tantrums, screamed at us and was such a bully. Needless to say, he only lasted one season. By the way, this was a YOUTH league for preteens. It was ridiculous. I was close friends with his son and daughter and always felt so badly for them.

My senior year of high school I was a manager of the boys basketball team. One of the star players had a problem with his temper and was playing rather poorly. There was one parent (whose son had graduated 4 years before that!) who would not shut up. Was screaming at the players nonstop to the point that we were waiting for someone to come and ask him to leave. So the star player gets called for a foul, has a temper tantrum, stomps over to the bench where he then proceeds to angrily throw his water bottle into the stands. Guess where it landed - of course it hit the psycho father. The crazy guy jumped down the bleachers and started punching the player until the coaches were able to pull him off. It was so awful and unbelievable.

I should also add that I am from an EXTREMELY small town in CT. Our high school only had a 150 people and everyone in the town knew each other. Heck - the guy who attacked the player was a neighbor of his!

I will NEVER understand how someone could get so consumed by competiveness that it would lead to violence. It makes me sick.

As a child I lived in CT tooo and I saw much of the same MasterJ.
Especially during softball.

I did not play softball to well..
Not only where the coaches jerks but they permitted the kids to say nasty things if you did not catch the ball or hit it.

They shut the hell up on the basketball court:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back