GUILTY NY - Suspicious device found near President Bill Clinton and Hillary’s Home, Chappaqua, Oct 2018

True. I believe there will be plenty of evidence, surveillance, etc. Possibly even a manifesto. But, whatever the outcome, it doesn't benefit any of us to pretend it isn't politically motivated, whomever is responsible.
BBM

It benefits the discussion on WS to not get into the politics.

But whatever.

I've said enough of that idea already and I'm tired to hearing my own self say it so I imagine others are even more tired of me saying it (and ignoring the idea anyway of sticking to the crime itself :) ).

Looking forward to news about how the perp is caught.

jmo

Couriers are essentially just messenger services. I could send a courier to the post office to pick up my mail, or to deliver files to a law office, for example.
Exactly.

I'm quite familiar with how couriers work as I use them.

Any ol' person can also hand deliver package, of course. If you asked me to deliver some files, I could do that for you (I'm not offering the service, though I know a guy, lol!).

All we know about the CNN package is that is seems to have been hand delivered by some courier, not delivered by the post office.

Other pkgs, though, were sent through post office? Do we know that for sure?

jmo

I'm afraid people are going to be so brainwashed and entrenched in the "false flag" aka/and/or "the Democrats did this" idea it won't matter what the investigation uncovers. (A cover up!) It's important, imo, to be open-minded and look at actual evidence. Speculation should be based on something real or previous cases, not just an outlandish theory some random troll on the internet cooked up.

JMO etc.

I 100% agree with you, @bluesneakers. It's worrisome that the discussion is already so divisive and politicized as to left/right whatever. What's essential to recognize, imo, is that these crimes — regardless of who committed them – are actual crimes.

Serious, felony, welcome-to-prison-enjoy-your-stay crimes.

Unless the suspect offs themselves, I hope we eventually learn more about their motivation. Which, simplified to its core, is domestic terrorism.

Of those who don't believe it's domestic terrorism, I want to ask — in what world is a pipe bomb mass-mailing not considered a terroristic act?

MOO and all that.

How is that possible, though, when each of the persons who received a device is in politics?
How do the police do it? Do they sit around and say, "Trump said xxxx!" and then another investigator says, "Yeah, well Maxine Waters said *advertiser censored*!" "Fox News is fake!" "CNN is fishy!" and around and around? Or do you think they progress in a different manner when looking at the case?

We're a crime board for pete's sake. We can look at this as a crime.

(Yes, I know LE is likely looking at political motives as well as other evidence. But they don't have to follow WS rules. :) )

To look like legitimate packages in hopes the recipients would open them?

That is a good question, my guess is that someone in law enforcement opened it and someone at CNN snapped a picture so they could be the first media outlet to have a photo. Reporters love to get the scoop first even if it means putting themselves in danger.

Another good question is why did people *immediately* start screaming false flag, like before any details were even available? Has that ever happened before? Seems fishy to me.

The main reason that some are screaming 'false flag' is because of the timing. Anyone that truly was backing Trump, would not do something as high profile and stupid as this, and especially 2 weeks before the midterms.

It just seems way too coincidental that it is happening right now. It seems fishy.

The main reason that some are screaming 'false flag' is because of the timing. Anyone that truly was backing Trump, would not do something as high profile and stupid as this, and especially 2 weeks before the midterms.

It just seems way too coincidental that it is happening right now. It seems fishy.
"It seems fishy" is sold as truth in these debased times.

I'm afraid people are going to be so brainwashed and entrenched in the "false flag" aka/and/or "the Democrats did this" idea it won't matter what the investigation uncovers. (A cover up!) It's important, imo, to be open-minded and look at actual evidence. Speculation should be based on something real or previous cases, not just an outlandish theory some random troll on the internet cooked up.

JMO etc.

There have been comments from experts in past bombings that have said there are fishy things about this case.

One expert, whose name I didn't catch yet, [saw him on local KTLA news tongight] worked on the unabomber case.

He said it was quite strange that some of the names of the targets were spelled incorrectly. In his experience, the bombers were literally obsessed with their targets, and certainly knew how to spell their names.

Also, he said the necessary components of the bombs were all there, but they were not assembled correctly or completely. And he never saw a bomber send out mass bombs like this, all at once, without actually knowing how to build a working bomb.

Couriers are essentially just messenger services. I could send a courier to the post office to pick up my mail, or to deliver files to a law office, for example.

Right, but didn't you have to contact them/hire them, pay them etc. How did this guy hire a courier I wonder?

The timing might make sense to the bomber in a way we don't understand yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back