AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps there was gun fire outside the home (maybe outside the front door), then of course inside the home that was heard. At a distance it would certainly sound different.

Wonder if FBI would go to the length of getting a "google street view car" to obtain footage of who's on the roads inconspicuously?

I found an informational page by Google that lists where Google Street View cars have been, and where they plan to go.

According to the page, numerous states are listed, including Wisconsin. The dates are noted as June 2018 – October 2018, and for the following cities: Kenosha, Racine, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Dodge, Washington, Qzaukee, Sheboygan, Fond du Lac, Calumet, Manitowoc, Brown, Dutagamie

While Barron is not on the list, there is content on the same page that notes the following:
Please also be aware that where the list specifies a particular city, this may include smaller cities and towns that are within driving distance.

Where We’ve Been & Where We’re Headed Next – Street View

It is likely a coincidence, IMO.

I keep going back to the neighbors hearing what they thought was a gun shot that sounded like a car backfiring. Is it possible that they did, indeed, hear the perps car backfiring the second time, and the first shot was from the gun? They might have even heard other shots going off and not even realized it at the time- what triggered their memory was the second shot being loud like a car back firing. Maybe their brains only processed the last two shots because of that second one- as they mentioned in one interview, they thought it was possible that someone was hunting, which is why they didn't give it any thought.
If it was a car backfiring - then I'd wonder which car in the area typically backfires? Surely someone would know their car does that? B/c if it was a car backfiring in the area, that might explain why police seem think someone may have been along that road in their timeline and may have seen something? Its not possible to me that the perp(s) car backfired because the 911 call went out after that noise was heard by the neighbours....

I found an informational page by Google that lists where Google Street View cars have been, and where they plan to go.

According to the page, numerous states are listed, including Wisconsin. The dates are noted as June 2018 – October 2018, and for the following cities: Kenosha, Racine, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Dodge, Washington, Qzaukee, Sheboygan, Fond du Lac, Calumet, Manitowoc, Brown, Dutagamie

While Barron is not on the list, there is content on the same page that notes the following:
Please also be aware that where the list specifies a particular city, this may include smaller cities and towns that are within driving distance.

Where We’ve Been & Where We’re Headed Next – Street View

It is likely a coincidence, IMO.
Oh! You're amazing! Thanks!

all that may have gone on in that house could make a adult insane, I can not imagine how a young mind would process it. I wondered if she just ran and ran and is lost now.

I thought I was replying to a above post but the quote didn't get here

I look forward to hearing the results. I have not heard live gunshots in over 30 years. just on TV.

I live in a small town in East Texas. My actual residence is off a county road and in the woods. Pine and elm trees. Everyone around are hunters and gun shots are a common sound all year round.

Everyday a neighbor fires his guns. I say guns because he will fire off single shots and then rounds of automatic shots. He always ends with a couple of rounds that sound like dynamite. They are very loud booms. I have decided in my mind those are AR rounds.

An AR has not been mentioned here so I was wondering if anyone thinks this could be a possibility. They would certainly create a horrible crime scene.

I also have a Louisiana Catahoula outside guard dog...his bark is very different when he spots another animal close by, than when he spots a human intruding on his property.

It's possible that this is a misinterpretation of the video evidence, or that a single tie cushion has been removed/cut in a unique way by LE, or that the Closs family had something else tied to this chair in an atypical manor. But IMO this evidence can't be explained away as easily as I originally thought.
MOO

View attachment 152848 View attachment 152850View attachment 152851

To me, it also appears that there's something wrapped around the top of the (nearest) front leg. There's also something that looks weird near the top of the other front leg. Could it be splintered wood, possibly from being hit by a bullet?

There could also be the possibility that the perp isn't truly connected to Jayme the way he thinks he is, but as long as he believes it then that is his reality. It happens with famous people sometimes. Regular Joes become fixated or obsessed with a celebrity and, over time, become convinced that they have an actual relationship with the person. Jayme may not know her abductor, may not be connected to them or have a relationship at all, but that doesn't mean that HE (assuming it's a "he) doesn't think so.

(I'm 38 and 2 years ago I discovered that I have a brother. He posted a picture of my dad in local historical society group and wrote, "Does anyone know this man? He's my father, I think he's from there, but I don't know his name." My mom saw the post.)

When looking around the net for possiblities re this case,it is really strange to me that so many people in the area have “strawberry” hair. It is even listed on the Barron jail register. So many. The area beyond Barron as well.

The Sheriff nods his head when the reporter indicates this was an emotional plea directed towards Jayme, and again nods when he is asked if there is any evidence over the past ten days that she is alive. It's a super slight head nod in the affirmative both times. What do you suppose that is about? Do you think its possible that Jayme may have tried to reach out since this went down to her aunt (the one who made the public address?). Or do you think its just the officer being hopeful that Jayme is out there and alive still?
Many LE members will tell you that in a missing person case unless there is specific and compelling evidence to suggest the person is deceased, then they always believe they will find the abductee alive. You have to keep believing until proven otherwise. So perhaps there isn't evidence that suggests she is alive but there isn't anything to suggest she isn't in which case LE will always err on the side of life. FBI and LE in the Mollie Tibbett's case were saying they believed that up until the killer led them to her body.

I’ve tried to keep up but will admit that I scrolled through some comments. Has a floor plan of the house been posted? I’ve looked at the county website and checked Realtor.com, Trulia and Zillow but couldn’t find one (not even a reference to square footage). Appraiser, here. I have inspected, measured and sketched thousands of houses. I have looked at photos of different views of the house. In doing so, I pictured the lay-out of the house in my mind and my theory of how the crime went down is based on that and known/reported facts.

Does anyway have a cache of all pictures posted. If so, can you post them in the “Media, Maps and Timelines” thread and alert me? I can then make a sketch/layout of a “probable” floor plan based on my professional opinion/experience.

I will alert Mods on this post to make sure it’s okay to develop a theoretical floor plan.

It's fine to develop a theoretical floor plan, but it must be based on what is known of the actual floor plan of the house, based on descriptions and photos. Sleuthing similar homes and posting them here is not allowed. We don't want to drag any innocent neighbors into this.

Make sure to designate on your drawing or rendering that it is theoretical based on what you can determine without having the actual home's floor plan.

Do we know where the mom's car was parked IRT where the dad's car was parked? I think DC's was up farther and JamesC's was way back, like to make a U-turn? Unsure.

Yes. I am trying to find a picture to link but can't. I recall a white suv parked close to the garage doors and the red truck parked further down the driveway off to the side, almost on the grass. It seems either to be able to make u turn or to let another car go in and/or out.

MOO

I respectfully diagree. The video camera is selectively focusing on the mattress, which makes all of the leaves in the foreground closer to the camera go out of focus (blurry). You'll notice the leaves in the other part of the image have the same brownish/blurry quality as the areas of the mattress that appeared as "stains".
JMO

Agreed.

Common sense says that police wouldn’t have left a bloody mattress behind.

Unless they are completely incompetent, which I see absolutely no signs of, they would have taken it during their initial search.

Me too. She really did looked confused and saddened. I'm grateful the aunt was so loving with her. And Molly with the aunt. They both need that connection.

Molly is most likely grieving.:(:(:(
Dogs may grieve a great deal.
My little one, lost her two older friends within a very short time.
For many months she was miserable: wouldn't even go for walks.
No matter what I tried, didn't help.
After a long time, she enjoyed her walks.:)
But to this day, she is no longer the bright little thing, she was, when she had her mates.

To me, it also appears that there's something wrapped around the top of the (nearest) front leg. There's also something that looks weird near the top of the other front leg. Could it be splintered wood, possibly from being hit by a bullet?

IMO there's definitely damage/splintered wood in the front left of the chair. There's also a discolored band on the detailing at top of the right front leg. It appears lighter, almost like the stain is worn off. When you review the video frame by frame in HD, it looks like that lighter coloration might be on the front left as well, but hard to tell based upon the lighting. It's inconclusive at best, like all of the chair evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member