AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little theory came to me earlier when looking at maps. All of Jayme's activities are nowhere near her house due to where they live. I can only assume this means that she goes to school on the bus and her parents drive her everywhere else.

Could it be possible that a predator has been watching, waiting for the right time to grab her but it just never came as she's driven everywhere? The predator grows more and more frustrated as he really wants her and then eventually the obsession becomes too much and he snaps and just decides to grab her from the house at whatever cost.

I do think it's a predator that is obsessed with Jayme, however the one thing I couldn't understand is the sheer violence hence my theory. The majority of predators are opportunistic cowards, they don't generally go into homes shooting mum and dad to get the kid.
BBM.

Nor kicking down doors! THAT part really gets me. Break a window and climb in... though also noisy. But the sheer effort/strength needed, even if the door was old and possibly a bit split. If I'm interpreting a blurry still correctly from one of the videos that showed it up close, it looked like one of those raised panel doors that isn't one piece of solid wood, but rather, several sections joined together. Easier to kick in than a solid 2" thick door, but still would require quite a bit of strength. As someone said earlier, makes it seem like he felt that the parents would know immediately who kidnapped her, if she was the goal, so he had to remove them from the equation.

When LE said during press conferences (not sure which one exactly) that he says jayme was still alive, do you feel that they may have seen something on camera to suggest that she is still alive and that the actions of others would lead them to believe that they would keep her alive?
I am just guessing that their original assumption was based on the (unconfirmed?) voice they heard on the 911 call yelling for help. I am speculating that was Jayme. Speculation only.
It is also possible that an imagine resembling Jayme was seen in a cam shot. This is all just speculation.

As always, I assume the missing individual is alive unless earthly remains have been recovered. I find it's always best to keep hope alive!

Amateur opinion and speculation

When LE said during press conferences (not sure which one exactly) that he says jayme was still alive, do you feel that they may have seen something on camera to suggest that she is still alive and that the actions of others would lead them to believe that they would keep her alive?

That has become SOP for LE when a child is missing. They will continue to say this until they have proof that is not the case.

It gives the family hope and hope is very important when trying to cope with such trying circumstances

Imo

Has anyone considered the possibility that Jayme came in and interrupted someone? Maybe she was out somewhere for the evening? Came in via the garage expecting to say goodnight to her parents and ended up walking into to a horror scene? Maybe she vanished bc someone didn’t expect her to be there and she showed up at the wrong time? When she shows up mom has a surge of strength enough to make the 911 call and someone makes off with Jayme!?

Has anyone considered the possibility that Jayme came in and interrupted someone? Maybe she was out somewhere for the evening? Came in via the garage expecting to say goodnight to her parents and ended up walking into to a horror scene? Maybe she vanished bc someone didn’t expect her to be there and she showed up at the wrong time? When she shows up mom has a surge of strength enough to make the 911 call and someone makes off with Jayme!?

That's absolutely a possibility. LE haven't said that hasn't happened. At the minute, it's hard to rule much of anything out.

Can you give me a link? I’ve only read that (as per the police call log) JC was down inside the front door, not how his body was positioned. TIA

I don't know that we have established he was face up but the sheriff revealed on Ashley Banfield's show that his feet were visible and the door was ajar as the first LEO on scene approached the house. Multiple spent rounds were also observed and the door had been kicked in. I speculated previously that James may have been face up because the LEO's first impression on the dispatch log was suicide and then after seeing the rounds his second impression was that James had "answered the door" and he noted that the door had been kicked in. James being face up with his feet in the door way is just what makes the most sense to me with what we know so far, but I could be wrong. Some might be recalling my speculation and thought it was established he was face up? Sorry if that is where it came from. I try to be clear about what I'm speculating and what is fact.

Facts we know:
1. James' feet were visible in doorway on approaching the house
2. Door was ajar/open
3. First impression of LEO was suicide
4. Door was kicked in/damaged
5. LEO observed multiple spent rounds/casings at the scene
6. LEO's second impression was that James had "answered the door"
7. No gun found near body
8. Classification was quickly changed to homicide
9. Family members said someone "shot in" the door (they may be mistaken but this was their statement/belief)
10. The wooden door had a small window in it.

My Opinions Only:
1. Perhaps James had a head wound which would look like suicide at first glance.
2. Suicidal persons choosing to shoot at their head usually shoot themselves in the front forehead, side or mouth, not in the back of the head. Ergo, I reasoned he may have been found face up with a visible head wound.
3. If James was shot while facing the door, as if answering it, the force of the gunshot would push his body backwards and he may have landed face up with his feet in the door way.
4. James may have looked out the small window in the wooden door to see who was outside.
5. The perp may have shot James in the head through the window prior to breaking in the door (hence the door both being kicked in and looking "shot in" according to family).

I hope this helps explain why I think he was face up. It's only my opinion. Subject to change. ;)

Last edited:
I am hoping that is the case but what can they really say?

BBM.

Nor kicking down doors! THAT part really gets me. Break a window and climb in... though also noisy. But the sheer effort/strength needed, even if the door was old and possibly a bit split. If I'm interpreting a blurry still correctly from one of the videos that showed it up close, it looked like one of those raised panel doors that isn't one piece of solid wood, but rather, several sections joined together. Easier to kick in than a solid 2" thick door, but still would require quite a bit of strength. As someone said earlier, makes it seem like he felt that the parents would know immediately who kidnapped her, if she was the goal, so he had to remove them from the equation.

From what the police said the door was ajar when they arrived so it wasn't broken down. It was still upright and still hinged imo

The suspect most likely hit the door on the side that opens and splintered the door jam or casing around the door where the lock or locks are positioned.

Imo

Last edited:

Impossible to rule it out but I'd say it's highly unlikely. I can't see a 13 year old being out at that time of night, especially one who lives in a rural and reasonably isolated location.

a 13 year old out till 1:00am on a school night ... Anythings possible but IMO thats way down that list.

I agree with @MassGuy and @RavenDoc that they are likely scared. Since it's a small town (and speaking as someone who has spent most of her life in a small town), they also might be a bit suspicious of the outside media and unwilling to talk. Or they may not want to upset the surviving family members--who they likely know well--by commenting, even if it is something as innocuous as mentioning seeing her a few days earlier and everything being fine.
Considering what happens in high-profile cases when someone speaks publicly, the reckless and hurtful accusations the person is exposed to in social media, in news article comments, and from amateur web detectives, who in their right minds would want to get involved, nowadays?

I would have never let my barely 13 year old out past midnight - our curfew was 10pm including phones, tv, etc. I can't imagine them allowing her out on a Sunday evening that late IMO

Possible, however, it was a school night, correct? I would think she was home all night, unless evidence surfaces indicating otherwise. If someone dropped her off later at night, I'm sure police knew about it within a day.

It's possible, but I would be surprised a girl that young would be out that late on a school night, especially since nobody has mentioned anything about her being seen doing anything or visiting with anyone (besides the family party earlier in the day) that evening. I also feel like she was the target, and it probably would have been easier to snatch her if she were away from home rather than having to deal with her parents. But that's just imo.

Mollie was an adult though...free to come and go, if she liked.

I'd be surprised if she was free to come and go freely, for several reasons. We do not really know her parent's schedules, but we do know that her aunt was helping to care for her, getting her to and from her busy school activities. They lived enough out of town, and on a busy highway ( at least during the day), that walking was not safe. Also, her parents sound like they had close supervision over her and her activities.

Impossible to rule it out but I'd say it's highly unlikely. I can't see a 13 year old being out at that time of night, especially one who lives in a rural and reasonably isolated location.
I can. Special function at the church? Youth group? Movie? Maybe the people LE told to get lost had dropped her off a bit earlier?

Considering what happens in high-profile cases when someone speaks publicly, the reckless and hurtful accusations the person is exposed to in social media, in news article comments, and from amateur web detectives, who in their right minds would want to get involved, nowadays?
Agreed!

Thanks for this. I am mostly just reading these forums but I am also jumping around, reading other things which I only take with a grain of salt b/c who knows what info is really reliable out there. With that being said, I have a question for you other sleuthers. I know a lot of you have been on these boards for a long time and other then following the Stacy Peterson case on here, I really don't know what is normal.

My question is why are we not hearing more from local community, friends, family? There are a lot of missing person cases that would kill to have 1/10 of the media spotlight that this case does and yet, to me, it seems like I cannot find out anything. I am not trying to say anything bad at all about any of the victims families or friends I just think that someone would climb to the tallest mountain and let everybody know everything they can to help the case. Even if it was someone saying, "Hey I saw her 2 days before eating at mcdonalds and she seemed happy" it would be something. all i'm saying is I think its odd. Again, PLEASE don't take it as an attack on anyone.

I have an aquatenance in Barron. And i was curious about the same thing so i asked her. She said that the town is in complete shock and want it solved. She went on to say that the people don’t want to slow down the investigation getting the media involved.

Body position up or down has not, to my knowledge, been released. The other bit is from here:

Source: CNN.com - Transcripts

FITZGERALD: Our officers responded, pulled into the driveway, and saw an open door and then saw what they
believed to be feet.
BANFIELD: How far -- how far -- yeah, how far in the house was Denise Closs? If James Closs was found at the door, and as you just mentioned, I think that`s the first I`ve heard of this, sir, that when you`re officers responded, they could see his feet from the driveway sticking out of the open door of the home. Is that correct?
FITZGERALD: I don`t know exactly where they -- when they picked him up on site. I don`t know if they pulled in the driveway or when they exactly saw them, but the door was ajar.
Thank you so much for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member