ID ID - Connie Johnson (still missing), 76, & dog, Ace (found safe), Fog Mountain, 2 Oct 2018

I felt the same when I heard she left her gun behind, that she took off running after the dog. I was hoping this dog would be trained enough not to run off however. One never knows.
It's similar to the case in California were the dog had run off and was found, but took rescuers quite a while to find the missing man, deceased sadly.

Mike Herdman..he was a firefighter.

I think this is a very likely scenario, but man, they would have at least found the dog, right?! Foul play in such a remote place is very unlikely, I admit.
But even with a medical emergency, the fact that they didn't find a trace of her is just strangeo_O.

I think this is a very likely scenario, but man, they would have at least found the dog, right?! Foul play in such a remote place is very unlikely, I admit.
But even with a medical emergency, the fact that they didn't find a trace of her is just strangeo_O.
The no trace part is strange, I agree. Even if she ran off after the dog, or they were out walking without her gun and ran into a wildlife danger, (grizzlies) there would still be something to find I would think.

Is there any evidence or information that she was ill? Maybe she wanted to pass away in a place she loved and just wandered off with her dog, her best friend, who was also getting older... jmo obviously. This would be a kinder, gentler ending, if it were voluntary and peaceful. However, she did have a gun, so maybe that debunks my theory. Sigh...

ETA, also there was a lot of bad weather right after she was last heard from. So, now I'm back to not knowing what to think.

Is there any evidence or information that she was ill? Maybe she wanted to pass away in a place she loved and just wandered off with her dog, her best friend, who was also getting older... jmo obviously. This would be a kinder, gentler ending, if it were voluntary and peaceful. However, she did have a gun, so maybe that debunks my theory. Sigh...

ETA, also there was a lot of bad weather right after she was last heard from. So, now I'm back to not knowing what to think.
I would 1000% agree with you about her possibly wanting to die in the place that she loved, if her gun wasn't left behind. Hopefully, she didn't use a rope for her and the dog? I wonder if there was any areas with drop offs- maybe at night, she was looking for her dog, and slipped and fell into a large hole of some sort? That still doesn't explain the poor doggie not being found, unless he just bolted after an animal himself, got lost, and couldn't find his way back. I wonder if it rained or snowed there that Wednesday or Thursday, which would hide tracks when snow melted or the rain might wash them away. Also, rain and snow can dilute a scent for a dog.

I would 1000% agree with you about her possibly wanting to die in the place that she loved, if her gun wasn't left behind. Hopefully, she didn't use a rope for her and the dog? I wonder if there was any areas with drop offs- maybe at night, she was looking for her dog, and slipped and fell into a large hole of some sort? That still doesn't explain the poor doggie not being found, unless he just bolted after an animal himself, got lost, and couldn't find his way back. I wonder if it rained or snowed there that Wednesday or Thursday, which would hide tracks when snow melted or the rain might wash them away. Also, rain and snow can dilute a scent for a dog.
I guess we can look at this way. If she did die out there with Ace, no matter how it happened, they're still in a place they loved together.

Ace the dog has been found alive and unharmed! He found a private search party the Johnson family hired 15 miles from where she went missing. They're hoping after he is cared for that perhaps he can lead them to her. Search party locates dog that went missing along with 76-year-old Idaho woman
That is truly incredible- so happy the darling doggie was found. Hopefully he can help locate Connie, but that could be tall order for the dog. He could have been wandering around all this time, surviving on his own and may not be able to find her scent after all this time. She's been gone for 23 days, so I don't know if he would have the capability to find her body, I would imagine the scent would be different than if she was alive. I would love to think that Connie is alive and well somewhere, but let's face it, the chances of that seem low. I hope that the searchers can find her soon, either way, so her family has answers.

I'm ecstatic over this happy news. Hurray Ace! Now to find Connie.

Wonder how he stayed alive all this time.

ETA "They didn't find the dog: the dog found them."
I am sure he did some hunting of his own for survival in terms of eating and it sounds like he had found a water source as well. They are born with that survival instinct.

I am sure he did some hunting of his own for survival in terms of eating and it sounds like he had found a water source as well. They are born with that survival instinct.
If Connie was not able to do the same (as she seemed to be capable of doing) and if she was not with him, I can only assume something happened to her. She must have been injured and possibly died out there, leaving Ace on his own to continue on. Would he leave her behind otherwise? jmo

Maybe whoever took/or who’s responsible for Connie’s vanishing dropped him back in the area? Seems strange they searched and never found him and he was close to where he went missing.

Maybe whoever took/or who’s responsible for Connie’s vanishing dropped him back in the area? Seems strange they searched and never found him and he was close to where he went missing.
Article says he was found 15 miles from the camp where they were both last seen. Is that still considered in the area? Were they searching this area earlier?

Article says he was found 15 miles from the camp where they were both last seen. Is that still considered in the area? Were they searching this area earlier?
Fifteen miles is nothing for a dog to wander, but for Connie, it might be. Also given that she's been gone with the dog for 23 days, it is incredible that he was able to survive that long on his own- he must be quite the hunter himself and extremely lucky to have found some kind of water source- maybe snow?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back