AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish we could listen. LE know who made call. They know whether dad (or mom) kicked in the door. Why won’t they let us know?

^^^ I'd like to know that, too !

Everything that LE will not release gives me some hope that they're not totally clueless in this case.
Not incompetent-- just without any more information than the rest of us.

Just maybe they have eyes on someone, and want to find Jayme alive and well, first.

About the door. I have a theory about this and I want to know what you guys think. I'm not as familiar with gun shot forensics but what if this is what happened? After looking at the images which I've attached below it appears there are 3 ways to enter the Closs home.

1. Through the garage,

2, the door that was shot in

3. On the deck where the sliding glass doors are.

There has been a lot of speculation that there was more than one perpetrator that is behind this horrific crime. What if there was someone whose role was to knock on the door as a distraction so that the person with the gun could enter the Closs home from the sliding glass doors , and then once the person with the gun got inside they texted the person who was outside and said for them to get out of the way, and then took the father out from inside of the home which could explain why his feet were outside of the doorway. What if the father turned around at that point cause he he heard the person behind him. As for the door being kicked in maybe once the father was shot dead the person from the outside kicked the door in to get inside and help the person who was already in there? After that was when the Mom was shot dead, and they got Jayme out of there. This could be another explanation for the time gap.

Source of the images: Paul Blume on Twitter

Attachments

• DqYpIgaXcAUQuyh.jpg
    DqYpIgaXcAUQuyh.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DqYpKTeXgAANUiV.jpg
    DqYpKTeXgAANUiV.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DqYpLuhX0AARHvT.jpg
    DqYpLuhX0AARHvT.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 42
I really don't understand all these alternate theories on the established facts of this case. If LE says the door was kicked in, and photos show damage to the door, why is that so hard to accept as the facts of the case? If LE tells us the father appeared to have gone to answer the door as it was kicked in, and he was shot there at the door, why not simply believe what LE is telling us ?

I just don't understand how it gets us any further down the road to create theories that don't fit the facts as we know them.

ETA: And now I'm going to give myself a time out, because just getting frustrated and I say stupid things when I'm frustrated. Night all. :)

Just IMO but I’ve thought that maybe they heard someone saying “Mom” or “Dad” during the 911 call and maybe that could be a reason they determined Jayme was missing so quickly. I know they’ve only said they heard the word help but we know they don’t tell us everything.

If he wasn't wearing gloves then, chances are he wasn't wearing them when he loaded the gun either. I hope they find something on the bullet casings, if that's possible.

I think it’s definitely possible he wasn’t wearing gloves. This just seems like such a rage filled act that it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t take care to try to conceal his fingerprints. But if he didn’t wear gloves, i would think they would have IDed him by now if his prints were in the system already, right? Provided they found any prints.

I’m going crazy with the site reloading and losing what I’m typing.

There had to be two distinctive female voices in the call, in order for LE to deduce and be confident that Jayme was at home at the time of murder. Both the mom and Jayme were talking or screaming, IMO.

Or mom could have said something like “don’t touch my daughter” or yelled “jayme Run!” Something along those lines JMO

I really don't understand all these alternate theories on the established facts of this case. If LE says the door was kicked in, and photos show damage to the door, why is that so hard to accept as the facts of the case? If LE tells us the father appeared to have gone to answer the door as it was kicked in, and he was shot there at the door, why not simply believe what LE is telling us ?

I just don't understand how it gets us any further down the road to create theories that don't fit the facts as we know them.

ETA: And now I'm going to give myself a time out, because just getting frustrated and I say stupid things when I'm frustrated. Night all. :)
I get your point, and I’m taking the door being kicked in by the perp, at face value.

These alternate theories are still possible though, whether you or I like them or not.

James and Denise Closs

Services for James and Denise will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, from St. Peter’s Catholic Church, Cameron, with Father Bala Raju Policetty officiating.

Visitation will be held 2 hours prior to services at the church.

A private family burial will be held at a later date.

ETA: report from local/Barron newspaper confirming private burial at later date.

Wish we could listen. LE know who made call. They know whether dad (or mom) kicked in the door. Why won’t they let us know?

RBBM

I think LE is still processing that phone call. They probably have experts running it through computers, trying to isolate voice patterns, identify certain sounds, and so on. This takes time.

Remember, LE ended up sending the original 911 call data that Patsy Ramsey made to Aerospace Corporation. Aerospace was able to wash out background noise and identify Burke Ramsey's voice.

I'm assuming these calls are recorded on tape.

JMVHO.

I get your point, and I’m taking the door being kicked in by the perp, at face value.

These alternate theories are still possible though, whether you or I like them or not.
I missed something here, for sure! What alternate theories on the door being kicked open abound? That someone faked it to make it look like a forced entry after the fact? Seems like the storm door had glass in it, and was intact, as it was being carried out in those photos we saw. The door was kicked in around the lock area, snapping the wood, so must have been locked, disproving any theories that they didn't lock their doors at night.

<modsnip- quoted post has been removed>.. I just wanted to add a word about the 911 log.
Notice it states "Advised door kicked in"
I believe that means that the officer "advised" the dispatcher that the door was kicked in by the officer to gain access... As I recall, during one of the press releases the Sherrif said that there were NO SIGNS of forced entry...

But if people are stuck on the door kicked in theory... then that may very well be, but remember, the dad worked until midnight, so he may have found it kicked in and again... was ambushed as he entered the home. Because from the 911 log, there is nothing about the direction the dad was found in (i.e. facing the door)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed something here, for sure! What alternate theories on the door being kicked open abound? That someone faked it to make it look like a forced entry after the fact? Seems like the storm door had glass in it, and was intact, as it was being carried out in those photos we saw. The door was kicked in around the lock area, snapping the wood, so must have been locked, disproving any theories that they didn't lock their doors at night.
The speculation centered around a theory that the dad came home to a hostage type situation, and kicked the door in himself in order to gain entry.

I don’t like this theory at all, but there’s nothing that outright excludes it as being a possibility.

I w

I wonder how long it will take to sell. Maybe tear it down and build something on another part of the property.

Maybe some people will volunteer to go through the house and pack up personal belongings for the family.

How are the police able to sleep at night? Like I actually cannot comprehend how, sleeping pills?

I feel sorry for everyone in this case, including all of you. Was so so hoping this was not going to be a cold case.

Maybe so. They did that with a house that was the scene of a horrible tragedy in South Carolina - just tore it down and built a memorial there because it made everyone so sad.

I also don’t know how the officers can sleep. This has been keeping me up later, making me double check the door is locked and constantly checking my phone for updates; I can’t even imagine how they’re getting by.

So speaking of dialing 911 from our smartphones, apparently you have to be "in the know" these days in order to make an emergency call other than the usual method which is to wake up phone, tap the phone app, and tap 9-1-1- and then whatever you have to do to initiate the call.

Was reading up on it and it makes me soooo mad that Apple has changed their so-called "emergency" methods. Look it up, folks, and try to memorize their current sequence of steps if you need more urgent access. Seems that if you have an iPhone 7 or older, the steps needed (aside from tapping the phone app and tapping 9-1-1) have changed. iPhones 8 and newer have a different series of steps needed, AND it depends on what OS you have. GRRRR. All involve a weird pressing in of Home button 5 times, or pressing in ONE volume button and one "side" button for several seconds. Sometimes you see a notice on screen that you have to swipe to confirm the call. Other times you just hold in the buttons. I gave up trying to figure out all the methods and just honed in on what I'd need to know on my current phone and OS.

I read a very intense and intelligent blog post from a mother whose son they taught to dial 911 from her cell phone, who has medical issues, who now has to be "re-taught" because darned Apple has changed the method on newer phones. Also on some OSs, you may get a warning sound if you don't confirm the call, which could be very bad in an emergency.

So please, everyone, go to Google and check out your current phone model and OS and memorize what you may need to do. Could even come in handy in a car accident if you can't dial normally, not just in situations like we read about here. And of course I'm only citing Apple above because that's the phone brand I have - do check to see what Android may be up to these days, or whatever other type of phone you may have. And there are also things to "know" if you have a lock screen in place. Love technology but it also seems to be so complex sometimes. Very hard to keep up, esp for folks who aren't glued to these devices 24/7.

The bloggers son can’t just dial 911 anymore? That doesn’t sound right imo. I personally think it’s great that these safety features such as tapping the volume button 5 times even exist. I’m not going to be mad that the security feature (that we didn’t have like 4 years ago) May have changed or that I need to manually go in and change my own settings. JMO

The speculation centered around a theory that the dad came home to a hostage type situation, and kicked the door in himself in order to gain entry.

I don’t like this theory at all, but there’s nothing that outright excludes it as being a possibility.
Thanks! I had thought of that earlier, too, but figured that perhaps the position of his body ruled that out. Then again, we don't know whether he was face up or face down, just that his feet were visible from the door entrance, right? And if he couldn't get in the front door then maybe he'd try the garage doors (harder for a perp to barricade, I'd think). If he wasn't shot in such a way that killed him instantly, ugh, then perhaps he did spin around a few times and land in such a way that'd immediately appear that he was shot from the front steps but forensics would show which way the blood actually - hard to type this - splattered. Ugh.

Besides quoting my own post... I just wanted to add a word about the 911 log.
I believe that means that the officer "advised" the dispatcher that the door was kicked in by the officer to gain access... As I recall, during one of the press releases the Sherrif said that there were NO SIGNS of forced entry...

But if people are stuck on the door kicked in theory... then that may very well be, but remember, the dad worked until midnight, so he may have found it kicked in and again... was ambushed as he entered the home. Because from the 911 log, there is nothing about the direction the dad was found in (i.e. facing the door)...

bbm

I've been away from the thread today. Has the bbm been verified? tia

ETA: The door was ajar when LE arrived - they were able to see James feet in the doorway. (per the sheriff)

The bloggers son can’t just dial 911 anymore? That doesn’t sound right imo. I personally think it’s great that these safety features such as tapping the volume button 5 times even exist. I’m not going to be mad that the security feature (that we didn’t have like 4 years ago) May have changed or that I need to manually go in and change my own settings. JMO
I can tell you for absolute certain you can call 911 from an iphone without intentionally dialing anything. I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it, but I've done it twice now just by putting my phone into a clamp type phone holder backwards. Somehow it squeezes the sides while I'm settling in and next thing you know I'm explaining myself again and telling them there is no emergency.

Besides quoting my own post... I just wanted to add a word about the 911 log.

That’s my original theory, and the one I keep going back to. Just trying to find a way the door was compromised without the dad (James) being home when the crime started, since I think his work timeline is important. I really appreciate those who are willing to think about that.

For what’s it worth, from the logs (found at the start of each thread), his feet were at the door, but not sure that can be exactly a reference point for where he was when he was shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson