AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re talking about a crime that rarely happens in such an area-let alone a big “city”. Who was prepared for this? I cant even say that the FBI could have been. This is sooo abnormal in any area.
Yes. You’re absolutely right.

That’s one reason why this case is such a big story. No one really knows what to make of it, because it is so unusual.

We see cases like this with some of the same elements, but I can’t find one that contains all of these.

There’s so many unknowns.

Hey gang I have a quick question.

Just showed hubby the picture of the busted in wooden door as I was asking him to make sure our front door was secure enough.

He said that if that vertical light area is the pin side of a hinge it would be very weird as the door would have to open outward and would be hard with a storm door.

I told him my sleuther friends had been studying this door for a week now so I would ask about it.

Sorry I have not been able to read every post but I know the door was discussed a lot.

What are we thinking that light part is? Thanks.
Hello: could you share the picture of the door? TY

The neighbors didn't call 911. There was only one 911 call - from inside the Closs home via Mom's phone.
The neighbors didn't call 911. There was only one 911 call - from inside the Closs home via Mom's phone.
You are right. I stand corrected. I thought it was a 911 call because what is recorded on the Timeline on page one of this thread.
Altho not a 911 call, the neighbors statement still shows a 25 min laps between what they heard and the police being called at 12:56 a.m.
25 minutes is a lot of time, and we don't know how long they were in there before the gunshot went off.
-------------
JOAN SMREKAR, CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes, and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30."

Welcome, friend! Great first post.

Many years ago, I once opened my door at night, too; it didn’t go well. The knock came at about 3:30 am and to this day I don’t know why I opened it. I think I wasn’t quite fully awake yet. If I had been awake, I don’t think I’d have opened it then and I know I wouldn’t now. I thought of it again with this case (maybe it’s why I’m obsessed with this case).

I don’t know if we’ll ever know why he opened the door.

If you’re comfortable in doing so, would you care to share the experience? This case has left me especially sensitive to the dangers of intruders

Question, if James was shot through the door, then the door was kicked open, how did his feet get in the doorway? JMO, but if someone is shot through a door, their body is now behind that door.

Maybe they shot him through the door in the window, kicked in the door, and then shot him again. The 2 shots the neighbors heard.

I tend to believe there was a chain-type lock on the door and JC opened it with chain (because it was midnight) to see who was there and it was kicked open to pop the chain.

That wouldn't break the door, as in the photo. Especially on the mid/lower part.

IMO, there's a strong possibility that the door had not been kicked in by anyone. Because it was left ajar, the first responding officer's first impression could have been that it was kicked in by the perp.

Wouldn't explain the broken door.

A few things, gunfire confined to the inside of a house will be muffled to a great degree as the the sound waves will bounce of the interior walls whereas it if it fired outside the sound waves will travel a far distance.

Another thing that may have been mentioned but I may have not read is there is a patio door on the east side of the house. In my opinion, if you were familiar with the house, it sure would be easy to just break the patio door instead of crashing through the front door.

Can anyone else that knows comment on this?
According to the Sheriff on Ashleigh Banfield’s show, the Dodge Charger that was parked at the plant was investigated, and the driver cleared of any involvement.

I’m not sure about that second vehicle.

Edit* Challenger not Charger.

Last edited:
Yes. You’re absolutely right.

That’s one reason why this case is such a big story. No one really knows what to make of it, because it is so unusual.

We see cases like this with some of the same elements, but I can’t find one that contains all of these.

There’s so many unknowns.
Exactly. It’s scary. I can’t imagine the stress and pressure for LE there and I can’t imagine the fear for the community. Who does *advertiser censored* like this?

Every time I’ve checked in on Jayme’s discussion, it has gone to a new numbered thread, but the topic remains the same (gunshots heard and door), so I’m getting lost if I’m reading the same things over and over. I’m so confused. Has there been any other progress since the search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998