AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just joined you guys but have been following things closely as an outside observer. Sincerely hope with all my heart that Jayme is safe even after this amount of time.

Something has been bothering me about this case for a while and really not sure if I can mention names in relation to my concerns. But a little girl is missing so here goes:

Strikes me that the Smrekar neighbours have gone a bit quiet after initially giving lots of interviews. To me, some comments are contradictory and strange. Maybe the relationship with their neighbours was strained?

One interview with Ashleigh Banfield of CNN previously discussed on this thread concerns me in that it doesn’t ring true and seems to be designed to distance the Smrekars from knowing that there was a child next door. Strange to say the least since I think both families lived there for some years.

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

In a video interview with Joan Smrekar and her husband Search for missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs expands as police hunt for 2 cars seen by Wisconsin home | Daily Mail Online. There is a strange statement at timing point 0.58 where he is describing the helicopter flying back and forward over his house and says: “… and this is where they are at, it’s kind of uncomfortable, not SCARY uncomfortable for us…uncomfortable for accomplishing something.” Also his body language is full of self-touch especially on his leg which may indicate insecurity.

A fuller search of the neighbour’s property might be a good idea.

Interesting neighbors for sure. Those contradictions, though. Admitting to seeing her get off the school bus everyday followed up with "I didn't even know they had children" is just weird, even for a person who is nervous to be interviewed. In spite of that weirdness, I do believe that the neighbor in question here has recently stated that their home and property has been searched quite thoroughly, though I am not in a position to find that particular link to support.

the chair, I don't think a chair like that would be strong enough to hold someone tied down. I think even a child wrestling restraints tied to it would break the wood rod in the back of the chair. I think odd things are just present and unrelated sometimes.
Unless they were threatened. “Don’t move or I’ll shoot.”

my idea comes from something I read but don't know where I read it from so I have no link and I am takeing the info I read and expanding it some, and I am going to try to stay in the limits here. what if some one that the family knew was careing for a child, unknown child not missing child, that had been placed with them by a agency because of a parents wrong doings, unknown child parents not shot parents, parent of unnown child finds out where child is, follows that household to the family party then follows the mother and daughter home and at some point decides that if they cant have their child back then they will inflict terror themselves and show the careing family how it feels. that is worded so weird. I am not good at typing around and still trying to say what I want to say.

Nah you did a great job articulating that and staying within the forum rules! I totally got what you were saying, and what ya didn't say... I'm going to just point out here that if it went down that way, then LE already have a suspect in mind and are hunting them. That might be why they asked for people to report if people were missing from work (they didn't ask to report kids missing from school). But that would be one of the things I'd be looking at - did any kids miss school that next day or the days after? Why? Where were they? An agency may not even have been involved in placing a kid with the Closs family - it could have just been set up like an extended sleep over. That also might account for why investigators took a mattress away the other day on the fresh eyes sweep through.

Hi just joined you guys but have been following things closely as an outside observer. Sincerely hope with all my heart that Jayme is safe even after this amount of time.

Something has been bothering me about this case for a while and really not sure if I can mention names in relation to my concerns. But a little girl is missing so here goes:

Strikes me that the Smrekar neighbours have gone a bit quiet after initially giving lots of interviews. To me, some comments are contradictory and strange. Maybe the relationship with their neighbours was strained?

One interview with Ashleigh Banfield of CNN previously discussed on this thread concerns me in that it doesn’t ring true and seems to be designed to distance the Smrekars from knowing that there was a child next door. Strange to say the least since I think both families lived there for some years.

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

In a video interview with Joan Smrekar and her husband Search for missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs expands as police hunt for 2 cars seen by Wisconsin home | Daily Mail Online. There is a strange statement at timing point 0.58 where he is describing the helicopter flying back and forward over his house and says: “… and this is where they are at, it’s kind of uncomfortable, not SCARY uncomfortable for us…uncomfortable for accomplishing something.” Also his body language is full of self-touch especially on his leg which may indicate insecurity.

A fuller search of the neighbour’s property might be a good idea.

So what other reason then does a school bus have for stopping off at that particular house twice a day (pick up / drop off)? I couldn't find an eye roll emoji or I would have put it here.

Unsub: Male(s), age 20-40, unemployed, prior criminal record.
Motive: sexual assault.

That's my best guess based on statistics, lack of evidence.

I'd found and posted this yesterday when trying to figure out how many criminals murder first before being caught for other crimes. It's kinda old, but is insightful:
  • Half of convicted murderers were younger than 25; 30% were under age 21 and 10% were under 18. 12% were at least 40 years old.
  • The mean age for those convicted of murder was 27.
  • 67% of murderers had an arrest record.
  • 91% of convicted murderers were male.

I agree, I don't think LE would carry out evidence like that with restraints in full view of the media for all to see. Jmo

I believe the simplest explanation is cushion ties, but I'm just curious why they wouldn't carry it out? It appears to have damage/evidence from a bullet or perhaps the result of an altercation visible (speculation). How is it different from other pieces carried out in plain sight, doors, mattresses etc. It's probably hard to get evidence off that property without it being seen, since there's only one exit surrounded by woods.

To educate myself and I'm wondering if anyone on here knows the answers. NOT in the land of CSI or NCIS but in the real world FBI/Local LE lab how long does it take to run DNA out to the point that they have something to compare?

Another question, I would assume that a court order would make it so the DNA (Ancestry or the others) companies would have to open their databases?

I feel certain LE is using these avenues to connect their dots, but I'm curious about the timetable for getting it done.

Yes, it's inconclusive at best. Why would there be one tie remaining that appears like it's possibly tied to the interior spindle, not the corner one? See the blue circle. Here's a compilation of similar ties I posted earlier.View attachment 152986 View attachment 152988
Some of mine are tied to the second to last spindle on one side because the chair is wider than where the cushion strings land. I could tie it to the end, but it's going to put a lot more stress on where the ties are sewn to the chair as people sit in the chair over and over and end up breaking loose from the cushion pretty quickly. In fact, the chair I have to do that with on one side looks much like this I one.

I believe the simplest explanation is cushion ties, but I'm just curious why they wouldn't carry it out? It appears to have damage/evidence from a bullet or perhaps the result of an altercation visible (speculation). How is it different from other pieces carried out in plain sight, doors, mattresses etc. It's probably hard to get evidence off that property without it being seen, since there's only one exit surrounded by woods.

I think a lot of it has to do with the size of the object in question, what they are expecting to find on it, texture of item, visible marks (blood), and how easily they can cover it up.

For example, they don't have an mattress-sized evidence bag and there wasn't anything visible on it, and maybe were looking for liquids (?) so it went out without a cover.

I would think it would be easy enough to put a bag or cover or the chair to hide an integral part of the crime. People with evidence gathering experience might be able to tell us more.

Interesting neighbors for sure. Those contradictions, though. Admitting to seeing her get off the school bus everyday followed up with "I didn't even know they had children" is just weird, even for a person who is nervous to be interviewed. In spite of that weirdness, I do believe that the neighbor in question here has recently stated that their home and property has been searched quite thoroughly, though I am not in a position to find that particular link to support.
I agree - the deck and picnic table outside plus the obituary describing Mom's care of flowers - I think they spent time outside together. IMO

At first i thought this case was about a sexual predator targeting Jayme, someone who had become obsessed with her and would take her no matter what the cost. However, i am now leaning to the fact it could have been the parents who were the target. One of the main reasons for murder is a dispute or grudge against someone, could this have been the reason they were killed? An act of revenge? A dispute/grudge is high on the list of reasons for murder in the US, and of course gunshot is the number one method used for killing. But then what of Jayme?

1. Did the perp/perps not have time to shoot Jayme as they had discovered that Javme or Mom had phoned the cops and so had to escape asap with Jayme in tow?

2. It did state in the police report that multiple rounds had been used, so had they run out of ammo and had to take Jayme with them?

3. Did they decide not to kill Jayme but take her for their own reasons?

To educate myself and I'm wondering if anyone on here knows the answers. NOT in the land of CSI or NCIS but in the real world FBI/Local LE lab how long does it take to run DNA out to the point that they have something to compare?

Another question, I would assume that a court order would make it so the DNA (Ancestry or the others) companies would have to open their databases?

I feel certain LE is using these avenues to connect their dots, but I'm curious about the timetable for getting it done.

Not directly on point but may help: I used to work in a medical (not criminal) laboratory and standard DNA tests took 3-5 days. Not sure how the criminal aspect variable/type of sample may change it.

Thanks Quill, yes I remember seeing that they had their property searched but maybe there is a storm shelter or underground bunker. Do you remember if the neighbours said where they were before arriving home at 11.30pm? Could they have bumped into the neighbours and had a disagreement?

I was addressing the ties being restraints. I don't think they would want the public to see restraints still tied to a chair, for fear of speculation and revealing evidence to the public. If anything I would think they would cover it up with something. Jmo

Well, if you didn't think they had children, who the heck did you think was getting off the bus everyday? And unless they were paying someone to do their yardwork, it appears in the photos that someone spent time outside because it's not grown up, and over run with weeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift