Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto real estate agent reveals new details in killings of billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman
Toronto real estate agent reveals new details in killings of billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman | CBC News

"The bodies "were on the steps leading to the pool," he told CBC News.

"What's with these rich people ... who does this?" he recalled thinking. He says neither he nor his clients decided to enter the pool area to take a closer look.
The agent says he and his clients thought they had stumbled across some kind bizarre Halloween display or a joke.

"Fake murders," is how he initially described it.

They soon left the property, refusing to believe what they saw inside the multimillion-dollar home could actually be real.

Not long after, it's believed the other agent called 911 to report the find.'
More from your link, and a photo for perspective:
Toronto real estate agent reveals new details in killings of billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman | CBC News
[...]
"My clients weren't really interested in the pool," recalled the agent, but they went to have a look anyway.
They stopped outside the pool and looked inside.
"We could see through the large glass door," said the agent. Several metres away, they saw something unusual.
The bodies "were on the steps leading to the pool," he told CBC News.
[...]

sherman-pool.png

Picture of the pool from the real estate listing for 50 Old Colony Road. Courtesy: Remax.ca
Sources reveal details of ‘suspicious’ deaths of Apotex founder Barry Sherman and wife Honey

Re: the estate agent thinking the bodies were fake, I've noticed it's really common that people who find bodies initially think they are 'not real', or that they are mannequins or similar.

Our brains are so used to (and good at) detecting what's called 'biological motion' that when a person no longer exhibits such movement we start interpreting it as 'not human', and it enters uncanny valley territory.

Re: the estate agent thinking the bodies were fake, I've noticed it's really common that people who find bodies initially think they are 'not real', or that they are mannequins or similar.

Our brains are so used to (and good at) detecting what's called 'biological motion' that when a person no longer exhibits such movement we start interpreting it as 'not human', and it enters uncanny valley territory.
Yes. Two incidents a few years ago in my locale:
Housing complex clerk mistakes dead woman for April Fools' mannequin

Mistaking body for mannequin, workers toss it in a Dumpster

Speculation: sounds like the presser is to announce a lawsuit against the Toronto Police

ETA: Happy to be wrong! They’ve announced a reward!

Edit: I’m going with my first impression- the agenda seems to have been: we want to be privy to the police investigation; we have grounds to sue.

Last edited:
More from your link, and a photo for perspective:
[...]
"My clients weren't really interested in the pool," recalled the agent, but they went to have a look anyway.
They stopped outside the pool and looked inside.
"We could see through the large glass door," said the agent. Several metres away, they saw something unusual.
The bodies "were on the steps leading to the pool," he told CBC News.
[...]

sherman-pool.png

Picture of the pool from the real estate listing for 50 Old Colony Road. Courtesy: Remax.ca
Sources reveal details of ‘suspicious’ deaths of Apotex founder Barry Sherman and wife Honey

From the same article: (RBBM) "...The real estate agent confirmed with CBC News, that it was "at least a week or two" after police first started investigating the Shermans' deaths before they reached out to him and his clients.

The agent says he was eventually interviewed at a local police division and agreed to provide investigators with the shoes he was wearing when he'd been inside the Shermans' home days earlier..."

A week or two? Are you kidding me? Surely TPS should interview these people ASAP while their memory is fresh!!!! This seems like total incompetence IMO

So they seem to have collected additional forensic evidence (edit: possibly fingerprints?) 'following best practice' that they've kept 'under supervision' that hasn't been passed on to the police yet.

Last edited:
What makes you say that?

I'll have to wait until the press conference is over and I can watch back again, but Greenspan said something like the police initially determined it as suicide/murder-suicide, and if they had checked all possible entry points for forced entry properly they would have seen that wasn't the case.

From the same article: (RBBM) "...The real estate agent confirmed with CBC News, that it was "at least a week or two" after police first started investigating the Shermans' deaths before they reached out to him and his clients.

The agent says he was eventually interviewed at a local police division and agreed to provide investigators with the shoes he was wearing when he'd been inside the Shermans' home days earlier..."

A week or two? Are you kidding me? Surely TPS should interview these people ASAP while their memory is fresh!!!! This seems like total incompetence IMO
I disagree. There were other people on hand when the police came, who also had discovered the bodies. And police could see the scene for themselves, no one had touched anything.

This is a scathing and well-deserved (in my opinion) indictment against the Toronto Police. I don't know any Canadians who believed this was a murder-suicide, even without having seen the staged scene.
Police don't believe it was a murder-suicide. They announced it was a double murder back in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong