Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma Claybrook on Twitter

.@NewsmanJAustin spoke with Darnell Gray's stepmother. She thinks he either wandered out of the house by himself, or someone who knows him took him out. @KOMUnews

Jared Austin on Twitter
Uh-oh. This sounds to me like misdirecting LE. I can’t explain why exactly. It seems like grabbing something out of thin air to reference someone “who knows him well.” Like who? Did she have any ideas?

On the other hand, I do have trouble imagining a not-quite 4-year-old packing so carefully. My grandsons just turned four and they can mostly dress by themselves but do need help with a few things. And I can’t imaginw them carefully packing a snack.

I'll never understand why people bring their kids to those searches when it is quite possible that they could find a body...
Agreed! Having participated in searches, I can assure you it is no place for a child. It could be very traumatic. I remember one search in particular where I was looking in oil barrels. I assure you my knees were shaking at what I might find. No child should be subjected to that.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Okay, straw-grasping going on here....was there a custody dispute wherein the biological mom would sneak in and take him? Those things sound like something a caring parent would take, even a snack so her baby wouldn't be hungry until they got to where they were going. Is there a history of domestic violence in the home where she was trying to remove him? That's a scenario I could be more comfortable with than he wandered out by himself. jmo

Jefferson City Police Capt. Deric Heislen said officers are still investigating the circumstances of Gray's disappearance.

Missouri State Highway Patrol helicopter aided in search efforts Thursday.

He said police haven't put out an AMBER Alert because in order to do so, police need to have a reasonable belief that a child has been abducted and that the child is in imminent danger of serious physical harm or death. Heislen said the absence of any one of these criteria means police must classify it as an endangered person advisory.

Missouri still can't get the Amber Alert down right. Even after Hailey Owens was literally raped and murdered during the time it took to get the proper "criteria" to issue an Amber Alert.

JMO

Jefferson City Police Capt. Deric Heislen said officers are still investigating the circumstances of Gray's disappearance.

Missouri State Highway Patrol helicopter aided in search efforts Thursday.

He said police haven't put out an AMBER Alert because in order to do so, police need to have a reasonable belief that a child has been abducted and that the child is in imminent danger of serious physical harm or death. Heislen said the absence of any one of these criteria means police must classify it as an endangered person advisory.

Missouri still can't get the Amber Alert down right. Even after Hailey Owens was literally raped and murdered during the time it took to get the proper "criteria" to issue an Amber Alert.

JMO
This is absolute insanity! Come on LE-Of course he is endangered he is a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44