ID ID - Connie Johnson (still missing), 76, & dog, Ace (found safe), Fog Mountain, 2 Oct 2018

Been here everyday, checking and searching the news. Continue to Pray for Connie Ace and Family. There's something really off about their just vanishing...This Lady has years of experience in the wilderness,if she is mobile she can survive. Please Pray for them !! Really glad Ace found the searchers !!!

Richie Outfitters

"Ace was flown back to Hamilton, taken to a veterinarian to be check and found to be in good shape, other than being a bit skinny. Ace was flown back in to Moose Crk, to join the handler and his search dog and Mike. They were unable to find anything but the search is continuing. We are hoping and praying that somehow Ace will be able to provide some assistance in the search for Connie."

Richie Outfitters

"Ace was flown back to Hamilton, taken to a veterinarian to be check and found to be in good shape, other than being a bit skinny. Ace was flown back in to Moose Crk, to join the handler and his search dog and Mike. They were unable to find anything but the search is continuing. We are hoping and praying that somehow Ace will be able to provide some assistance in the search for Connie."
I’m so glad he’s ok. Hope they can find Connie too. I’m back to believing he got separated from her and she went looking for him. Hard to picture him leaving her behind if they were together.

Maybe whoever took/or who’s responsible for Connie’s vanishing dropped him back in the area? Seems strange they searched and never found him and he was close to where he went missing.
The camp where she disappeared from is seriously remote and miles and miles from any road and can only be reached by a very long horse ride, so they've ruled out foul play. I'm guessing she went off after the dog and suffered a fall or a medical emergency far from camp. I do hope they find her.

Glad that Ace made it out. Please take him to the campsite from which Connie & Ace disappeared (if that hadn’t already been done).

Yes, this. Or backtrack from where Ace found the searchers to the hunting camp where Connie was cook. Fifteen miles in the wilderness is a long long way, but let Ace lead them if he's able. He's their best shot at finding her, I think.

Thinking about the reportedly last radio contact with Connie on Wed. Oct. 3 ( post #27 in this thread), it was said that they couldn't understand what she was saying. Can't help but wonder if she was having a medical episode of one kind or another at that time, such as a stroke. We'll probably never know, but I keep her in my thoughts.

Yes, this. Or backtrack from where Ace found the searchers to the hunting camp where Connie was cook. Fifteen miles in the wilderness is a long long way, but let Ace lead them if he's able. He's their best shot at finding her, I think.

I agree. I don't think he left her until he had no other choice. Hopefully he is able to lead them back to her.

Thinking about the reportedly last radio contact with Connie on Wed. Oct. 3 ( post #27 in this thread), it was said that they couldn't understand what she was saying. Can't help but wonder if she was having a medical episode of one kind or another at that time, such as a stroke. We'll probably never know, but I keep her in my thoughts.

Again, lack of detail in the reporting, or I just haven't seen it, regarding the last radio contact. I would love to know why they couldn't understand what she was saying--was it a poor connection, was she speaking in a garbled way, or what? Maybe the why cannot be determined?

I felt very sad reading this article. Connie seems findable, though it is a really long shot. I've been in the back country, and know how rugged and vast it can be. But especially since Ace found rescue, I'd want to keep looking. The weather will soon turn wintry, if it hasn't already up there. I wonder if Connie was trying to get to the ranger station for some reason? However, seems quite a long shot, given what she left at the camp.

Again, lack of detail in the reporting, or I just haven't seen it, regarding the last radio contact. I would love to know why they couldn't understand what she was saying--was it a poor connection, was she speaking in a garbled way, or what? Maybe the why cannot be determined?

I felt very sad reading this article. Connie seems findable, though it is a really long shot. I've been in the back country, and know how rugged and vast it can be. But especially since Ace found rescue, I'd want to keep looking. The weather will soon turn wintry, if it hasn't already up there. I wonder if Connie was trying to get to the ranger station for some reason? However, seems quite a long shot, given what she left at the camp.
Another case where "If dogs could talk."

They took Ace back out after getting him checked out by a Vet. He could not lead them to Connie. So happy they found him safe. Pray he gets a home that loves him as much as Connie did.

Connie’s daughter is devastated. With the dog found and not Connie she is beside herself.

I know the daughter personally. Her dad died a few months ago and now this

I find it unusual that the dog didn’t bark. I guess it was trained not to bark at people or things. If it was with her at a hunting lodge

Connie’s daughter is devastated. With the dog found and not Connie she is beside herself.

I know the daughter personally. Her dad died a few months ago and now this

I find it unusual that the dog didn’t bark. I guess it was trained not to bark at people or things. If it was with her at a hunting lodge
Makes me want to cry. Please let her know there are many strangers who care.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back