PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018 *guilty, death sentence*

This statement makes me so sad. It sounds as if there was some responsibility for the synagogue to prevent this. The responsibility IMO lies with the shooter. I personally don't want to live in a country where we have to have armed guards everywhere we go in order to protect us from other armed people. I don't want my children and grandchildren to be in this situation either. Heartbreaking.

I am OUTRAGED at this statement.

Just as we should not need armed security in our schools, stores, theaters, coliseums, hospitals, workplaces, and other gathering places, we should not need armed security in places of worship.

OUTRAGED

I had read that the synagogue only had armed protection during High Holy days, and today was not one of those days

Was there security on-site, armed or otherwise? My impression is that there was this morning, but I also realize this is a quickly developing story.

Still doesn’t lessen my point that adding more firepower after the fact doesn’t halo much after the damage is done.

Some reports (linked/quoted upthread) also note that the church has recently upgraded safety and security protocols, including their doors, which allowed at least one victim to escape, if not more.

Idk wth is going on anymore...these shooters are old, young, target different groups and places of worship, schools, theaters, concerts, malls...

I just don’t see an end to any of this.

These people are obviously mentally ill.

(Venting:
Why the hate in this world? :( We are all just people..we all bleed red..today it’s jews, tomorrow it’s...)

I agree wholeheartedly, @margarita25.

Yesterday, it was ... the day before that, it was ... the day before that ... the week before that ...

We’re all human. Just trying to live or best, honest, purpose-filled lives.

Today, they were just attending church, for crying out loud! This has to stop.

I agree wholeheartedly, @margarita25.

Yesterday, it was ... the day before that, it was ... the day before that ... the week before that ...

We’re all human. Just trying to live or best, honest, purpose-filled lives.

Today, they were just attending church, for crying out loud! This has to stop.

You are optimistic that we can change this...

I am not. But I do my best in my own life to help provide positive outlets and support for kids so that they do know how to deal with their feelings and not go shoot something up.

That’s what I can do as a person in my life to help.

I don't know what else except to spread the message of love and tolerance.

Was there security on-site, armed or otherwise? My impression is that there was this morning, but I also realize this is a quickly developing story.

Still doesn’t lessen my point that adding more firepower after the fact doesn’t halo much after the damage is done.

Some reports (linked/quoted upthread) also note that the church has recently upgraded safety and security protocols, including their doors, which allowed at least one victim to escape, if not more.

The former president of the synogogue stated on tv there was only security during high holy days.

JMO

We have the power of voting for rational, balanced, responsible leadership.

Six more days till Election Day! Our elected officials need to do better. The demagoguery isn’t healthy or helpful, especially in the wake of horrible events like the one this morning at the synagogue.

Mental illness (a normal person wouldn't do this) at it's worst.

Oh with all due respect, fraudqueen, I so agree.

And on one's best day?

Sooner or later slapping mental illnesses on everything Becomes the new norm.

Meaning, mental illness instead of intent becomes politicized.

That's the thing... How do we justisify these things???
Xoxo
Rose

You are optimistic that we can change this...

I am not. But I do my best in my own life to help provide positive outlets and support for kids so that they do know how to deal with their feelings and not go shoot something up.

That’s what I can do as a person in my life to help.

I don't know what else except to spread the message of love and tolerance.

And those are ALL wonderful things that you are doing quite naturally to combat the pervasive intolerance we must fight against! Your post is hopeful to me and others, even if you yourself are not feeling very hopeful. Sometimes we get lost in the darkness, but your own light is shining for others, and it can shine for you too Margarita!

And those are ALL wonderful things that you are doing quite naturally to combat the pervasive intolerance we must fight against! Your post is hopeful to me and others, even if you yourself are not feeling very hopeful. Sometimes we get lost in the darkness, but your own light is shining for others, and it can shine for you too Margarita!
Coco...
Girl, well said.
Xo

(Thank you, tears.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back