PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018 *guilty, death sentence*

I believe I’ve found the shooter’s Facebook. It’s just chalk full of pro-NRA stuff but I haven’t found anything antisemitic so it’s only a possibility.

He's reported to have screamed that Jews must die, while shooting at people. So I'm guessing it's more than a possibility.

Also shouldn't this thread be in the rampage section?

I’ve recognized that, for the past several years, I feel a “deja vu” of sorts.

The vitriol and violence reminds me of the rise of white supremacist groups in the late 80s through mid 90s.

The “cleaning up” of appearances and intellectualizing of the hate-filed rhetoric. The sly twisting of history. The faux engagement targeted at youth. The recruitment.

The systematic and insidious villainization and dehumanization of “other.”

Yup. It all goes hand in hand. We've seen a definite increase in these types of hate crimes in the last several years.

He's reported to have screamed that Jews must die, while shooting at people. So I'm guessing it's more than a possibility.

Also shouldn't this thread be in the rampage section?

Someone sent me to the active shooter thread.

From the link:

“Robert Bowers, the man accused of perpetrating a mass shooting at Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue, had a social media account in which he telegraphed his intentions for the shooting and shared anti-Semitic and white supremacist commentary.”

The poor Jews. Constantly targets of hatred. And I will never understand why. It's a culture that emphasizes education and social justice.

This statement makes me so sad. It sounds as if there was some responsibility for the synagogue to prevent this. The responsibility IMO lies with the shooter. I personally don't want to live in a country where we have to have armed guards everywhere we go in order to protect us from other armed people. I don't want my children and grandchildren to be in this situation either. Heartbreaking.

Me either. Other nations comparable to ours don't have to live that way. I don't think we should have to live like Beirut.

I had read that the synagogue only had armed protection during High Holy days, and today was not one of those days

It likely wouldn't make a difference. The Pulse nightclub had an armed guard. The shooter plowed through him with ease and massacred people in the second largest mass shooting in American history.

Regardless, other countries like ours don't have to live like an armed military camp. We can do better as well, IMO.

This the the man that gave the shooter, and others, a forum for their hate speech. Andrew Torba, CEO of GAB Al

NOT MY OPINION . I’d be picketing in front of Andrew Torba’s house daily if I lived in Pittsburgh-

This is the Opinion of GAB CEO Andrew Torba
3 months ago
Free speech means you can offend, criticize, and make memes about any race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

Sick and tired of the double standards for “acceptable speech” and “protected classes” on both the left and the right.

Free speech for ALL about ALL. “

In my opinion it’s a hate speech platform.
BBM

GAB needs to be shut down. In my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back