PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018 *guilty, death sentence*

Oh with all due respect, fraudqueen, I so agree.

And on one's best day?

Sooner or later slapping mental illnesses on everything Becomes the new norm.

Meaning, mental illness instead of intent becomes politicized.

That's the thing... How do we justisify these things???
Xoxo
Rose

Rose, your words are eloquent and your sentiments are spot-on.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
This the the man that gave the shooter, and others, a forum for their hate speech. Andrew Torba, CEO of GAB Al

NOT MY OPINION . I’d be picketing in front of Andrew Torba’s house daily if I lived in Pittsburgh-

This is the Opinion of GAB CEO Andrew Torba
3 months ago
Free speech means you can offend, criticize, and make memes about any race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

Sick and tired of the double standards for “acceptable speech” and “protected classes” on both the left and the right.

Free speech for ALL about ALL. “

In my opinion it’s a hate speech platform.
BBM

GAB needs to be shut down. In my opinion.

Hate speech is legally protected under the First Amendment.

What isn’t protected is incendiary speech intended to induce, incite or produce immediate or imminent action.

Violently provocative speech is not protected.

Where Torba’s logic falls flat is the false conflation that protected classes somehow conflict with a misguided belief that any American has a right to violent, inciting and provocative speech.

I agree with you, OTP. He is wrong.

Last edited:
Mental illness (a normal person wouldn't do this) at it's worst.

If we go that route, then, logically, everyone’s mentally ill in some way. I mean, it’s not like we’re all extremists committing mass murders, but we all do crap that doesn’t make sense sometimes.

Legally, this shooter is sane, imo. Just like the rest of us.

He chose to break the law, to know how to do what he did, he knew right from wrong, and was motivated by hate and extremist ideology, imo.

That hate and extremist ideology allowed him to justify his actions, and he righty deserves every legally allowable consequence for his poor judgment and abominable crimes.

Hate speech is legally protected under the First Amendment.

What isn’t protected is incendiary speech intended to induce, incite or produce immediate or imminent action.

Violently provocative speech is not protected.

Where Torba’s logic falls flat is the false conflation that protected classes somehow conflict with a misguided and incorrect assertion that any American has a right to violent, inciting and provocative speech.

He is wrong.

His FB page just disappeared.
He was thrown out of Y Contributor 2 years ago
Pro-Trump CEO gets booted from Y Combinator over harassment concerns

It appears he moved his company from Austin to Scranton.
Yes, hate speech is protected, but he’s given the violent white supremacists a virtual coffee shop to encourage hate. And once again, act on hate.

JMO

You are optimistic that we can change this...

I am not. But I do my best in my own life to help provide positive outlets and support for kids so that they do know how to deal with their feelings and not go shoot something up.

That’s what I can do as a person in my life to help.

I don't know what else except to spread the message of love and tolerance.

What you’re doing is exactly the right thing, margarita! I admire you for that. This is how we affect change in the world around us — where it most matters. Bless you ♥️♥️♥️

His FB page just disappeared.
He was thrown out of Y Contributor 2 years ago
Pro-Trump CEO gets booted from Y Combinator over harassment concerns

It appears he moved his company from Austin to Scranton.
Yes, hate speech is protected, but he’s given the violent white supremacists a virtual coffee shop to encourage hate. And once again, act on hate.

JMO

Exactly. You nailed it. There’s nothing civil or protected about inciteful hate speech. They don’t have any right to continue. It’s criminal.

Disgusting. Moo

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's worth it to give it a try.
Huh? Not sure what this is all about...
But let me tell you...
I cannot deal with business described as poaching. Oh no no no...
At least the royal family is bringing light.

Huh? Not sure what this is all about...
But let me tell you...
I cannot deal with business described as poaching. Oh no no no...
At least the royal family is bringing light.

It was about shooting the messenger, imo. Blaming the media.

I disagreed.

They then suggested I should try agreeing to disagree.

I didn’t really understand the point, either, tbh, but whatever. I do, however, agree with your reply and I thank you for posting it.

Today is a very sad and tragic day, indeed.

11 killed, several wounded, in Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

BREAKING: Eleven dead and six others shot by gunman at Pittsburgh synagogue, city official says. More details will follow.

A gunman killed 11 people at a Pittsburgh synagogue during Saturday-morning services in what the Anti-Defamation League called "likely the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the history of the United States.”​

You are optimistic that we can change this...

I am not. But I do my best in my own life to help provide positive outlets and support for kids so that they do know how to deal with their feelings and not go shoot something up.

That’s what I can do as a person in my life to help.

I don't know what else except to spread the message of love and tolerance.

I'm not optimistic at all about things like this. I don't think they will ever go away, especially with our politicians and the young people following them, sometimes on both sides.

I'm very sad for PGH and the Jewish community today. My family is Jewish, I have a now-deceased relative who was the only person from his immediate family who survived the Holocaust. The persecution is sickening and my heart aches for our country. If it isn't the synagogue, it's the church, or the movie theater, or the school, or the grocery store. I know living in fear is "letting them win," but I do live in fear when I'm out in public these days. I'm always vigilant and aware of my surroundings and locations of exits. Sometimes it's hard not to wonder, "when will it be my turn?" rather than "if."

They're talking about the Pulse shooting...

Lawsuits have been filed in that case, against the security guard, club owner, the firm that employeed Mateen, Mateen’s wife, tech companies, city, police and others.

Suing a convicted felon in civil court in cases similar to that one though, would be difficult if not impossible (realistically) in the long run, and any attorney would likely advise against it. Even if the victims won, they likely wouldn’t see a dime. Ever.

Pulse nightclub security guard, once hailed a hero, is being sued by victims of the mass shooting

Pulse Nightclub Shooting Lawsuit Against Twitter, Facebook And Google Is Dismissed By Federal Judge

Gunman's wife dropped from lawsuit brought by Pulse victims

16 Pulse survivors file federal lawsuit against Facebook, Twitter, Google

Suit claims Jupiter firm trained Pulse shooter, ignored warnings

Orlando Wants Pulse Nightclub Civil Rights Lawsuit Dismissed

Pulse shooting victims sue city of Orlando and 31 officers over response tactics

31 officers sued over Pulse nightclub massacre

Pulse survivors and victims' families file lawsuits against nightclub owners, police

Pulse shooter's ex-employer sued for millions

Active Shooter and Mass Shooting Victims Lawsuit - Jones Brown Law

N.J. law firm manager sexually harassed, preyed on mass shooting survivors, suit says

Pulse victims sue gunman's employer, wife

Pulse Survivors, Victims’ Families File Lawsuit Against Club Owners

Florida nightclub shooting victims sue gunman's employer, widow

Nightclub Shooting Victims File Lawsuit - The Cochran Firm

Pulse shooting anniversary approaches as lawsuit lingers

They survived a massacre, then lawyers started calling

Last edited:
In regards to the media not glorifying the shooters. I have to disagree. I can name the killers in recent shootings, but not one victim off the top of my head. I can tell you Nikolas Cruz’s life story, bc it’s constantly reported on. But what about his victims? A few blurbs here and there, mainly right after the tragedy. However he, the killer, is the main focus in the media. JMO

It is strange --the media question is how did X get the weapon?

They bought them

This is not like a big mystery. My husband has had no problems buying his guns.

Why is this a mystery.

I do not like him having them. But he loves his high powered guns.

Over the years he has had (over my objections!) buying anything he wants.

I do demand that he keeps them in his trunk, for my children however.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back