AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were also reports of someone repeatedly driving by the scene and who was asked to stop by LE. Not sure if was a worried family member or someone just being nosy.

As time goes by, these details will be lost, IMO. Went back to the timeline thread posted at the start of each thread (thanks whiskers16! ) and could not find any substantiation of the person or persons who kept driving by. It may be nothing... if anyone has a link, please share.

Also noted in whisker’s 16 timeline of events is the search at Anderson Dairy. Not seen any talk here about that- it’s probably nothing but wanted to hear your thoughts, especially from the locals.
2:08 a.m.: Two people identified in the log as local females ages 17 and 18 were “asked to leave as they were driving by multiple times.”
Jayme Closs: Night of the killings, from the dispatch log

I guess there are differences from area to geographical area. Here, in Texas, that is, people are sometimes cremated and the cremains are interred in a casket in a cemetery. Many people have their pets' ashes buried in the casket with their ashes. ( Yes, I want this too).
Oh, so do I. Actually, there will be 2 pets, some of my son's ashes, and mine. Not in a casket, but spread somewhere together.

Definitely. It has been 8 years and we are still suffering the financial ramifications of our son's death. Still trying to pay off expenses. Some people have a coffin for the visitation and then have the bodies cremated.

So sorry, to hear about the passing of your son, and the financial problem associated with his funeral. :(:(
Hope in time, funerals are not as expensive, as now.

There were also reports of someone repeatedly driving by the scene and who was asked to stop by LE. Not sure if was a worried family member or someone just being nosy.

As time goes by, these details will be lost, IMO. Went back to the timeline thread posted at the start of each thread (thanks whiskers16! ) and could not find any substantiation of the person or persons who kept driving by. It may be nothing... if anyone has a link, please share.

Also noted in whisker’s 16 timeline of events is the search at Anderson Dairy. Not seen any talk here about that- it’s probably nothing but wanted to hear your thoughts, especially from the locals.
It's in the log:
10/15/2018 2:08:50
325 advised C and JLR were asked to leave as they were driving by multiple times
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

Just me brain storming again. I think the LE must know that the creep or creepers aren’t local and the family was targeted? Because I would think they would have the town on high alert. Telling them ways to secure their homes. Maybe they do and I just don’t know.

Just me brain storming again. I think the LE must know that the creep or creepers aren’t local and the family was targeted? Because I would think they would have the town on high alert. Telling them ways to secure their homes. Maybe they do and I just don’t know.
You are right, they seem to be saying when asked that there is no need to worry, but there are unknowns.

Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs
MR of Rice Lake worked with them both at the Jennie-O turkey plant in Barron for more than 20 years. She was especially close to James Closs, whom she worked with “eight hours a day, five days a week for 15 years.”

“Jim was all about sports,” she said. “He was a big Packer fan. Just a normal guy — go to work, go home.” James Closs worked in the plant area that deboned turkeys, and he delivered meat orders that MR would weigh for shipping.

Denise Closs was very shy, MR said, but was well-liked and had a group of good friends. “She was all about Jayme,” MR said. “Everything was about Jayme. She loved that girl.”
Thank you... heartfelt and humanizing. RIP

Sorry, I had another thought about what could have happened. JC may have been leaving work and had an argument with a coworker, or may have started to pull out of the parking lot without looking closely and almost caused an accident. Whoever it was gets very irate and pulled a gun/rifle/shotgun out of his car and threatened JC with it. JC takes off in his car and hurries home; he parks where his truck was found and rushes into the house to grab a gun of his own or maybe just his phone to call 911. As he shut the door, [he yells to DC to call 911 as (if you don't accept the neighbor's time)] the other guy comes and kicks/shoots in the door, and either JC was shot through the door or immediately after the door was opened. DC comes running into the room to see what's going on and immediately turns around to try to find a safe place to call from. If the neighbor's time is correct, he may have assaulted her one way or another (either physically or sexually), but if their time is off she may have called right away and it was the scuffle at the door that the 911 operator heard. Either way, he shoots her sooner or later, and JC comes from her bedroom to see what woke her up. If DC hadn't already called 911, JC may have gone to the living room first, seen her father and calls them, but the guy comes out of whatever room the assault was taking place and she's too scared to talk. He knocks the phone from her hand and knows LE will be there soon so he grabs her and runs.

It made so much more sense in my head than it does reading this, but I spent too much time on it to just delete it. MOO
Yikes! I got confused just trying to picture all that in my head! I suppose anything is possible, but I don't see someone following him all the way home from work, murdering them, and taking Jayme, because of an argument. It would have had to have been one heck of an argument, imo. But I guess you never know.

You are right, they seem to be saying when asked that there is no need to worry, but there are unknowns.
Unless there is a credible and specific threat to the community, they usually just say “take precautions.”

That’s basically what they did in the Tibbetts case, and the recent massacre of a family near me.

In both cases, the killer was still in the community, but fortunately, didn’t strike again in the meantime.

It is almost two weeks. I think of other crimes when after a certain period of time, everything went dull. Some cases took years, others months to be solved and some are still unsolved.

This one still holds out hope it is solvable before years go by. It does seem meth is a problem in the area (local arrest reports suggest that is a big deal in this small Wisconsin town- apparently, some of those caught have also thought it was a good idea to tattoo their neck and face). I’ve lost the link to the arrest reports, but it seems meth is an epidemic in the area.

Paul Blume seems like he's been the most solid and dogged reporter on this case overall. I appreciate his efforts.
Or he is getting tons of DMs on twitter or messages on other platforms that are bombarding him with things like this, or the Med Evac at the hospital the other night, and I am sure more things that FB groups latch onto and push on coming in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam