AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is almost two weeks. I think of other crimes when after a certain period of time, everything went dull. Some cases took years, others months to be solved and some are still unsolved.

This one still holds out hope it is solvable before years go by. It does seem meth is a problem in the area (local arrests reports suggest that is a big deal in this small Wisconsin town- apparently, some of those caught have also thought it was a good idea to tattoo their neck and face). I’ve lost the link to the arrest reports, but it seems to suggest an epedemic in the area.
I was astounded at the number of females charged with meth possession. This is not the move toward equal rights I was hoping for!

Yikes! I got confused just trying to picture all that in my head! I suppose anything is possible, but I don't see someone following him all the way home from work, murdering them, and taking Jayme, because of an argument. It would have had to have been one heck of an argument, imo. But I guess you never know.
Welcome to my world! I usually have so many thoughts going on in my head at once that I'm never sure when I pull one out if it's really related to the one before it. I was trying to keep things short for that reason, otherwise I tend to ramble forever. It would, of course depend on the subject of the argument and temperament of the other person. I've known people who have been victims of road rage, though. One guy was followed for several minutes through St. Paul and had his windows shot out, along with a bunch of holes short through the side of the car, just because he flipped a guy off for turning in front of him (almost causing an accident.) I don't actually think this is what happens, but I always try to think of all possibilities. MOO

Unless there is a credible and specific threat to the community, they usually just say “take precautions.”

That’s basically what they did in the Tibbetts case, and the recent massacre of a family near me.

In both cases, the killer was still in the community, but fortunately, didn’t strike again in the meantime.
In the Mollie Tibbett case, does anyone remember how many days it was between the time they discovered the car on video and the day of the arrest? We didn't know they had a suspect until he was arrested. Just wondering if LE has a suspect in this case, will they wait until the arrest before announcing that they have a specific person in mind, or reason to believe he is involved, or would we know right away? I'm thinking they won't say anything, just going by other cases.

Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs
MR of Rice Lake worked with them both at the Jennie-O turkey plant in Barron for more than 20 years. She was especially close to James Closs, whom she worked with “eight hours a day, five days a week for 15 years.”

“Jim was all about sports,” she said. “He was a big Packer fan. Just a normal guy — go to work, go home.” James Closs worked in the plant area that deboned turkeys, and he delivered meat orders that MR would weigh for shipping.

Denise Closs was very shy, MR said, but was well-liked and had a group of good friends. “She was all about Jayme,” MR said. “Everything was about Jayme. She loved that girl.”

BBM. Finally, we learn something concrete about James' job. It doesn't mention he was in management. Would a manager be involved in personally delivering the meat orders to the shipping dept? IDK.
And now I can't recall why his job was relevant to the crime at all but we have had 13 threads of speculation about him being in management of some sort and when they finally interview an actual co-worker who knew him really well-- no mention of him being a manager...
:confused:

So many unknowns...

where mom (Denise Jayne) and Jayme went after the birthday party. Who could have spotted them along the way? Was this premeditated, a revenge killing, planned abduction, or a random attack?

Was dad (James) at work? Did the investigators move James’ car to where it was last seen a distance away from the house or was that where he, himself, parked it?

I know those are all unanswerable questions, but what I think about.

Appreciate those hanging in there while we hope for the best.

In the Mollie Tibbett case, does anyone remember how many days it was between the time they discovered the car on video and the day of the arrest? We didn't know they had a suspect until he was arrested. Just wondering if LE has a suspect in this case, will they wait until the arrest before announcing that they have a specific person in mind, or reason to believe he is involved, or would we know right away? I'm thinking they won't say anything, just going by other cases.
A neighbor turned in footage a week or two before the arrest. It took LE a while to connect the vehicle to the crime. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...e-tibbetts-cristhian-rivera-search/index.html

Escalated road rage makes as much sense as anything else...

They say their not sure it is a robbery b
Road rage might explain one killing, but it doesn’t explain two, and the kidnapping of a child.

It’s just not something we see.
if the person went in the house intent on killing one he would have to kill witnesses to and maybe he could not kill a kid

Another possible “profile” of the killer, from an amateur profiler, obviously without having any crime scene information whatsoever:

- no drugs/alcohol...very fit (can kick in a door)
- loner, very little contact with anyone (why there are no people coming forward about a change in behavior etc)
- survivalist/minimalist (no problem living in the north woods)
- hunter (saw Jayme as his “prey,” planned the surprise nature of the attack)
- mapped this out over an extended time (stalked home, knew patterns, knew community, knew routines etc)
- worshipped Jayme from afar/no prior interaction with family (perhaps had initial chance sighting at school, running in park etc which grew into an obsession)
- technology averse (preferred cunning, wits, camouflage, hunting psychology etc instead of SM)
- unemployed/lots of time to study Closs home stealthily (may have stalked home unnoticed on multiple occasions)
- “bad” or no relationship with own parents (so no reservations whatsoever about killing parents of Jayme)
- not angry/focused and methodical

I do think as was mentioned many posts back that the most recent presser was a dog whistle. Jayme must be depressed, despondent, sad...if he took her because he loved her and her childlike happiness, he wants to make her happy again...the aunt’s plea gave him a road map to make her happy. Let’s hope he falls for the bait and someone notices.

I must respectfully discount the “cellphone scanner” app theory...because the phone would have surely pinged a cell tower.

The only other thing I will note at this point is this...did anyone else find it odd that the sheriff made it a point in one of the pressers to talk about the thank you notes?

all moo...all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member