AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://barronsheriff.org/bcsheriff/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/graph-2017.png
These are just the drug arrests. 1600+ in last 10 yrs. Meth distribution up by 538% since 2006.

If you google "Bannon, WI meth problem" you will see MANY articles where Barron County Sheriff Fitzgerald states how big the meth problem has become as well as his initiatives to counter it. Here are a very few:

" Fitzgerald said Barron County led the state in meth submissions to the state crime lab last year and his department is seeing younger meth use than ever before."
Barron County Sheriff Wants Drug Testing In High Schools

“ 'This is the No. 1 problem in northwestern Wisconsin,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said. “It will soon be the No. 1 drug in the state of Wisconsin. I’m predicting that.' ”
Meth monster returns to Chippewa Valley and is extending its reach

“ 'As you can see, the meth problem in Northwest Wisconsin has no borders and meth remains the No. 1 issue in Barron County and across Northwest Wisconsin,' ” said Fitzgerald.
Meth investigation nets four arrests

I have never added a link and got deleted yesterday for citing something on a different case that is not allowed, so, can someone tell me if CBS news is allowed?
Yes CBS news is MSM so it should be fine. If it's an article related to a different case you would want to be clear about what parallels you're drawing between the cases. Thanks for asking.

Up Next: Thread #15. Stay Tuned.

And re real estate, it's possible they owned the house and rented it out in the earlier years? That doesn't seem likely to me but it's a possible explanation if it turns out to be true that they bought in '01 (or whenever) and only moved in 7 years ago.
RSBM
The first year they paid taxes on the home was in 2000, according to the Barron County Register of Deeds. (Barron County, Wisconsin - www.barroncountywi.gov{12EB8297-5F3F-4479-98C6-0D7369C1B292}&DE={D3BA3B9F-4854-4F8C-A636-40C7ED49D23A}) That means they purchased the home in either 1999 or 2000.

Someone asked in a post last night (paraphrasing) IF Jayme had managed to escape the house (wounded or not) where would she try to hide? (Yep i got sidetracked by the game and the 18 long innings o_O)

Anyway it got me thinking. Hypothetical scenarios, would be contingent upon which exit she hypothetically took. Woods? Road? Neighbors?

Me? As a 13 year old? Late at night? I would not run to the woods. My first inclination would be to try to hide in one of my parents vehicles. (Ideally with the key.) My second choice - run to a nearby neighbor. my third choice, climb a tree.

The family vehicles were surely searched, right? They’ve looked up, right?

I was the one who asked about that. If she tried to hide or head for the road (where I assume traffic would be light at that time of night), then I think it's likely that the perp caught up to her (for that matter, the perp might have had a second person outside acting as a lookout who might have grabbed her.) I wonder if police might have found the scene of a scuffle somewhere outside? If she went into the woods, she might have gotten lost in the dark, or even been attacked by a bear. I'm not sure how promptly/thoroughly the police searched that night? I assume they would have called out, but if she was sufficiently frightened, she might not have responded.

it just kind of hit me here. did dad smoke? could he have been going out to smoke or just comeing in from a smoke and was confronted? that could put him outside or going out or at the door at that time without it having to be him comeing in from work. doesn't do anything for the who done it part, but...

Okay, I went a different route and finally found this ad (which was posted here previously) from a linkable site. It's from Feb 2017 and says the hours for 2nd shift are 4pm - 1am. The ad is for team members in the palletizing, loading and picking departments.

I don't know if this is relevant or not. Would boning be done in the picking department? We know James was home prior to 1 am. Hmmm...

Shipping 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts, Jennie O, Barron, WI
View attachment 153183

My husband used to work for a pig plant. While his hours were listed 3pm-11:30pm, they got off when the allotted work for the day was done. Sometimes that was in 8 hours (or less) and other times he wouldn't be home until after 3 am. IDK if this particular plant works that way, but some may.

Yes CBS news is MSM so it should be fine. If it's an article related to a different case you would want to be clear about what parallels you're drawing between the cases. Thanks for asking.

Up Next: Thread #15. Stay Tuned.
no its this case. Thank you for the reply.

I can't say what the exact policy is for this county, but my husband has served in our rural EMS department, and their policy is no sirens after "bedtime" (I don't remember the exact hours.) Sirens are to let traffic know an emergency vehicle is coming. There simply isn't enough late night traffic in a rural area to justify waking everybody up. Even during the day, Fire and EMS vehicles would only run sirens from their station to the edge of town. LE generally runs their sirens the entire distance to the scene during the day (when exceedingly the speed limit) at which point it would immediately be shut off.

Re: EMS/Fire adding to the noise... It is possible that the first two arrivals, RK & AK (not sure which department, I believe their ID#s were 4103 & 4104 used a siren to the scene, but finding James and Denise past help, they would have alerted their department and everyone else would have arrived quietly.

And it's possible that some of the volunteer Fire/EMS workers came in their personal vehicles, which may have lights, but not sirens. An example of a responder who may have come straight there0, RK #4103 can be found on the Barron County GIS map, about 1/2 mile west of the Closs house on the south side of the road.

On the initial call out log, the incident was listed as a possible suicide in progress. Probably from the screaming or other sounds of distress on the phone to 911.

I could be wrong, but in my experience, no sirens are used when racing to a possible suicidal person/ building with a possible suicidal person because of the likelihood that panic will cause the person to kill others and themselves. Lights are used as needed to alert traffic to move right en route to the destination, but are also turned off within visual sighting of the location.
If this is not current WI policy, then my apologies.

Yes but they might have had to get rid of it due to evidence inside of it. And they likely thought it would remain undetected. Otherwise, why not just leave it on the side of the road somewhere? or sell it for parts?

I do see now it's a 2000, so it;s an older car. But it looks to be in good shape. As some have pointed out, the perp or perps made some stupid decisions in this case (lucked out by not being caught yet, but still stupid), like breaking down a front door instead of going through the slider.

Maybe this is more of the same stupidity.

I sure hope it is!!!!!

Some news sources are saying it's 2004 and others saying it's 2000 model

If you google "Bannon, WI meth problem" you will see MANY articles where Barron County Sheriff Fitzgerald states how big the meth problem has become as well as his initiatives to counter it. Here are a very few:

" Fitzgerald said Barron County led the state in meth submissions to the state crime lab last year and his department is seeing younger meth use than ever before."
Barron County Sheriff Wants Drug Testing In High Schools

“ 'This is the No. 1 problem in northwestern Wisconsin,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said. “It will soon be the No. 1 drug in the state of Wisconsin. I’m predicting that.' ”
Meth monster returns to Chippewa Valley and is extending its reach

“ 'As you can see, the meth problem in Northwest Wisconsin has no borders and meth remains the No. 1 issue in Barron County and across Northwest Wisconsin,' ” said Fitzgerald.
Meth investigation nets four arrests
What would a meth head(s) want with Jayme?

Thanks, that makes sense Whiskers. Obviously, I know nothing about this, lol. I live in the South and when someone says "picking" my mind goes to "a pig picking"-- an event where hosts will BBQ a large side of pork and then "pick" all the meat off of it. Since Jennie-O is in Wisconsin that definition of "picking" meat off of bones probably doesn't apply.

Your company's definition is probably right since that ad was for a company shipping department.

Now if only we knew whether Jennie-O's turkey deboning dept worked the same hours as the shipping dept.
Picking = strawberries to me!

The problem I'm having is that I can't find a deboning or boning dept, but I think his job would fall under production, and that shows 1st and 2nd shifts (in Barron, anyway) only. I've asked if we can link the website, but still waiting on a response. MOO

RSBM
The first year they paid taxes on the home was in 2000, according to the Barron County Register of Deeds. (Barron County, Wisconsin - www.barroncountywi.gov{12EB8297-5F3F-4479-98C6-0D7369C1B292}&DE={D3BA3B9F-4854-4F8C-A636-40C7ED49D23A}) That means they purchased the home in either 1999 or 2000.
So THAT means that the neighbors are really off when it comes to timing (since they said Closs’s had moved in 7 yrs ago in an article).

Picking = strawberries to me!

The problem I'm having is that I can't find a deboning or boning dept, but I think his job would fall under production, and that shows 1st and 2nd shifts (in Barron, anyway) only. I've asked if we can link the website, but still waiting on a response. MOO
Is there a processing dept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member