GUILTY ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #3

So.... no sentencing date yet?

TIA! :)

Hoehn has already pled guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping, as well as giving false information to police--which means he could spend the next 21 years in prison.

He'll be sentenced at a later date.

Hoehn's former girlfriend, Brooke Crews is already serving a life sentence in Savanna's gruesome killing.

William Hoehn Not Guilty Verdict

Before sentencing, man reflects on pain he inflicted in murder,...

FARGO — William Hoehn says his involvement in the murder of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind is not the same as the crime of his former girlfriend, Brooke Crews, who admitted to conspiring to kill the pregnant mother and cutting her baby from her womb in August 2017.

“Brooke had a scheme that she wanted to raise a baby, but that was not my crime,” Hoehn said. “My crime was not reporting what happened by not turning her in. Never in my mind did I think we were going to run into the sunset together and raise this baby."

With his sentencing set for Monday, Oct. 29, Hoehn recently reflected on his case in a series of exclusive interviews inside the Cass County Jail.
[.....]
He faces a maximum prison sentence of roughly 20 years.

“I’m sure there are people in the community that want to see me going away for the rest of my life,” Hoehn said. “Do I feel like I deserve 20? I don’t know. I don’t want 20 years. But what I want and what I deserve may not be the same thing.”

more at link

Before sentencing, man reflects on pain he inflicted in murder,...

FARGO — William Hoehn says his involvement in the murder of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind is not the same as the crime of his former girlfriend, Brooke Crews, who admitted to conspiring to kill the pregnant mother and cutting her baby from her womb in August 2017.

“Brooke had a scheme that she wanted to raise a baby, but that was not my crime,” Hoehn said. “My crime was not reporting what happened by not turning her in. Never in my mind did I think we were going to run into the sunset together and raise this baby."

With his sentencing set for Monday, Oct. 29, Hoehn recently reflected on his case in a series of exclusive interviews inside the Cass County Jail.
[.....]
He faces a maximum prison sentence of roughly 20 years.

“I’m sure there are people in the community that want to see me going away for the rest of my life,” Hoehn said. “Do I feel like I deserve 20? I don’t know. I don’t want 20 years. But what I want and what I deserve may not be the same thing.”

more at link
Ugh. Why didn't he "reflect" on his crime when he was disposing of Savanna's body? When he was modifying the dresser in order to sneak her poor body out of the apartment? This was no on the spur of the moment decision; he had plenty of time to "reflect" before deciding to commit a crime.

From your link:
<modsnipped copied portion in addition to previous post is more than 10% of article>
He stripped down to his underwear before cleaning up. He had two days to "reflect" before choosing to continue to cover up the crime. I can only imagine the horror of what the crime scene looked like. Yet, Hoehn apparently didn't feel enough revulsion or guilt to pick up a phone and call LE.

Yeah, now he's crying buckets and trying to justify why he shouldn't go away for the rest of his life. Cripes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday, October 29th:
*Sentencing (@ 11am CT) - ND - Savanna Marie LaFontaine-Greywind (22) (Aug. 19, 2017, Fargo) - *William Henry Hoehn (32) indicted (8/19/17) with conspiracy to commit murder (Class AA Felony). Plead not guilty. $2M cash bond. Plead guilty (9/4/18) to conspiracy to commit kidnapping (Class A Felony) & giving false info to LE (Class A Misdemeanor).
Trial was set for 5/15/18 but cancelled, continued to 9/18/18.
9/4/18 Update: Hoehn pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of kidnapping and providing false information to law enforcement in the August 2017 death of Savanna. Hoehn is still scheduled for trial on Sept. 18 on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder. Felony Jury Trial 9/18 thru 9/28.

9/28/18 Update Day 9 of trial: The jury has found William Hoehn not guilty in the conspiracy to murder Savanna. Sentencing date for other charges has not been announced, should be in about a month.
*Brooke Lynn Crews (38) also charged with same counts, plead guilty on 12/11/17 & sentenced on Feb. 2, 2018 to life without parole.

UPDATE: William Hoehn to appeal life sentence in Savanna Greywind murder

ARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - UPDATE: Monday morning, a judge sentenced William Hoehn to life in prison with the possibility of parole for kidnapping a newborn baby and lying to police about it.

Hoehn's attorney says he will appeal his life sentence to the North Dakota Supreme Court.

Fargo man to challenge dangerous offender ruling in appeal of...

FARGO — William Hoehn's attorney has filed papers in Cass County District Court indicating Hoehn plans to appeal the life sentence he received for helping kidnap the child of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind by challenging a judge's finding that he's a dangerous offender.
[.....]
Hoehn was sentenced in late October on the conspiracy to commit kidnapping charge, which typically carries a maximum prison sentence of 20 years. However, during the sentencing hearing, prosecutors asked Judge Tom Olson to declare Hoehn a dangerous offender, a status that would lift the maximum potential sentence to life in prison.

In arguing for the dangerous offender finding, the prosecution cited a prior child abuse conviction for Hoehn out of Grand Forks County.
That case — which involved injuries to Hoehn's infant son that included a fractured skull — began as a felony case,.....
[.....]
Court papers indicate officials are in the process of determining Hoehn's life expectancy in order to determine when he will be eligible for parole.

Savanna's Act passes U.S. Senate

A bill calling for more law enforcement focus on cases of missing and murdered indigenous women has passed the U.S. Senate.

Savanna's Act is named for 22-year-old Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, of the Spirit Lake Nation, who was murdered in North Dakota in 2017. The act passed unanimously on Dec. 6 and has now moved to the U.S. House of Representatives for consideration.

[...]

Savanna's Act apparently won't get passed

As Congress adjourned Friday night, Dec. 21, there was no word if Savanna's Act, an effort to fight the epidemic of violence against women and girls on America's Indian reservations, had passed the U.S. House.

The bill named for Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, a 22-year-old pregnant Fargo woman murdered last year in a baby-snatching case, was hanging in the balance in the final days of a chaotic week in Congress. The Senate had approved the legislation by unanimous consent earlier in the month.

However, as of late Friday night, Rep. Kevin Cramer's office gave no indication if the bill had moved along in the House, where it was being held up by the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va. There was some time Friday where the House had the opportunity to look into some other legislation as they waited on the fate of a bill for funds that would keep the government open past midnight.

[...]

SEN. MURKOWSKI COMMITS TO RE-INTRODUCE SAVANNA’S ACT EARLY IN THE 116TH CONGRESS

https://nativenewsonline.net/curren...uce-savannas-act-early-in-the-116th-congress/

After retiring Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) stopped a House vote on Savanna’s Act, Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) has committed to re-introduce legislation again in the Senate.

Named of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind from North Dakota who was brutally murdered in North Dakota last year, the legislation aims to address the epidemic of Native American women and girls who experience violence in their lives, especially on Indian reservations in the United States.

Convicted baby kidnapper in Greywind case appeals to the ND Supreme Court

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR)- The Fargo man convicted of kidnapping a newborn baby in 2017, is appealing his life sentence to the state Supreme Court.

William Hoehn pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping in connection to the death of Savanna Greywind. He was acquitted of conspiracy to commit murder.
[......]
Tuesday justices heard the case. Hoehn argues he was incorrectly designated a special dangerous offender because the crimes he pleaded guilty to did not seriously endanger the life of another, nor had he been convicted of a similar crime previously. Court documents say Hoehn believes the District Court didn’t advise him of the possible sentencing ramifications of entering a guilty plea.

Convicted baby kidnapper in Greywind case appeals to the ND Supreme Court

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR)- The Fargo man convicted of kidnapping a newborn baby in 2017, is appealing his life sentence to the state Supreme Court.

William Hoehn pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping in connection to the death of Savanna Greywind. He was acquitted of conspiracy to commit murder.
[......]
Tuesday justices heard the case. Hoehn argues he was incorrectly designated a special dangerous offender because the crimes he pleaded guilty to did not seriously endanger the life of another, nor had he been convicted of a similar crime previously. Court documents say Hoehn believes the District Court didn’t advise him of the possible sentencing ramifications of entering a guilty plea.

(ppffftttt)

New Mexico mural focuses on missing Native American women
f251ee68782e4988900f045e852c9dae.jpg

Jun 16, 2019

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) — A new mural in southern New Mexico seeks to honor missing and slain Native Americans amid a nationwide push to bring more attention to the issue.

The Las Cruces Sun-News reports artist Sebastian “Vela” Velazquez recently erected the mural in Las Cruces in conjunction with the city’s eighth annual “Illegal” graffiti art show.

The work is part of a large-scale mural wrapping around the entirety of the Cruces Creatives building. In the mural, a Native American woman stands in front with her fist raised. She’s screaming and the words below say: “NO MORE STOLEN SISTERS!”

[...]

Last month, federal lawmakers re-introduced legislation that calls for the Justice Department to review how law enforcement agencies respond to cases of missing and killed Native Americans.

The legislation is named Savanna’s Act for 22-year-old Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, whose body was found in a North Dakota river in 2017.

The bill was unanimously approved in the U.S. Senate last year but died in the House

[...]

New Mexico mural focuses on missing Native American women

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member