PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018 *guilty, death sentence*

Hi. First post here but have followed for years. I think America is past the point of getting a handle of gun control. There is no way to get all the guns out. I wish we could but there are so many underground guns I personally would not feel comfortable as a law abiding citizen to give up mine own gun. We need serous help but I fear we are beyond that and I’m fearful for my children and what we are leaving for them. Many prayers to those killed and injured and there families.

The main problem is that almost half the country loves their guns, they love their gun violence, and they will stop at nothing to make sure the gun violence continues, and they are the ones running the country. This is not an accident, almost half of Americans are voting to keep things this way.

I no longer rely on the SPLC to define who is a hate group. Imo they have their own agenda when and who they label.

Just recently they paid millions to a man that they had labeled by the SPLC as running a hate organization with in truth it was the total opposite of a hate group.

They have targeted other too in error.

Imo

Slightly OT

@oceanblueeyes Did you grow up in the segregated southern US in the 50s and 60s and 70s? I did and I’m white. I know what happened to people and the SPLC gave a voice to those who had none in the 70s. I witnessed firsthand fire hoses and police dogs turned on people because of the color of their skin.

And everyone has an agenda.

We can agree to disagree.
JMO

Interesting, thanks for posting:

“Its first line of praise is a quote of Balaam's blessing and is thus the only prayer commonly used in Jewish services that was written by a non-Jew. The remainder of the text is derived from passages in Psalms relating to entering the house of worship and preparation for further prayer (Psalms 5:8; 26:8; 95:6; and 69:14). In this vein is the prayer recited by Jews upon entering the synagogue.“

—-I find it interesting to hear and learn about other people’s cultures, etc. This how we should be imo, not hateful.

Let us embrace our diversity.

Truly

Our diversity makes us strong, not our homogeneity

Did you grow up in the segregated southern US in the 50s and 60s and 70s? I did and I’m white. I know what happened to people and the SPLC gave a voice to those who had none in the 70s. I witnessed firsthand fire hoses and police dogs turned on people because of the color of their skin.

The SPLC does amazing, thankless work. If they make a mistake, everyone does. They are good resource for hate groups. Not everyone needs to agree.

Thanks for the good information. Ironically, the SPLC is / was using one of the "disinformation" tactics that real extremists use:

- Put out material that strongly suggests that they are making blanket statements about entire groups.
- Put some caveats in the "fine print" that this is not quite the case.
- If their information is mis-applied, they announce that the people doing so should have read the "fine print".

I am glad the military saw through it.

As a further side note, I believe that a charity ranking agency lowered their ratings in the past due to transparency issued (continuous "emergency" fund raising appeals). In actuality, enough money had already been raised for listed projects.

To their credit, however, SPLC ranking have been restored.

B/c anti-semitism is an "off-the-shelf hate kit" with a long background, easy shorthand, known dog whistles. Hate mongers can deploy it easily and find a ready market for followers. I think of it as a fill-in-the numbers thing - Rich Jewish bogeyman ....

Very well said. The only group that has all these "potentials" are Chinese in south east Asian. Over the centuries Chinese immigrant in Malaysia, Indonesia Burma and Thailand have gotten the same stereotypes as Jews in the west:

- All are wealthy, unethical in business, not truly loyal to their home countries, continuously conspiring to do any number of contradictory and usually impossible dastardly deeds....

Last edited:
I no longer rely on the SPLC to define who is a hate group. Imo they have their own agenda when and who they label.

Just recently they paid millions to a man that they had labeled by the SPLC as running a hate organization with in truth it was the total opposite of a hate group.

They have targeted other too in error.

Imo
When I lived in Squirrel Hill I worked with SPLC. We toasted together at a local pub on Murray Ave. They do so much good work! They stand up for victims of hate like those at temple yesterday. They are an excellent organization. If you are going to call them a hate group I hope you have verifiable, MSM links.

I think the trashing here of SPLC parallels with the thought of the murderer's.

No.....

Not affirming every action of the SPLC does not mean that I have anything in common with the murderer.

Rather, your social ideology seems to have a lot in common with Nazism or say Maoism:

- One must fully affirm each and every component of my belief system, (in this case, full support of all SPLC actions). Failure to do so means that you are an extremist sympathizer.....

Though "all or nothing" approaches are common in Nazism, ISIS ideology, etc. they have little place in democracies.

On a better note, here is a picture of the man who shot to black guys at the Kroger's in KY. Looks like the face of man who just realized he did something incredibly stupid and messed up his life.
upload_2018-10-28_14-46-33.png

“Rose Mallinger may have been 97 years old, but she was still "spry" and "vibrant," said Tree of Life member Robin Friedman.

"She had a lot of years left," Friedman told CNN.
Mallinger was the oldest victim in the shooting at Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh on Saturday. She had been a secretary at the synagogue's school office decades ago, and she regularly attended Tree of Life services with her daughter.

"She was just the sweetest. A lovely lady," Friedman said. "She had to know everybody there, (whether) old, young. Always a hello, always a hug, always a smile."

Friedman also said that Cecil and David Rosenthal were a constant presence at the Tree of Life synagogue.

"They lived and died there. They came to everything. Sports nights, annual meetings. They were always there in suit and tie," she said. "They won multiple awards and citations for their devotion, for their generosity of their time, for their volunteerism, anything you asked them to do.“

Live updates: Mass shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue - CNN

Looks exactly as you’d expect.

It’s like they’re all the same guy.
I think they are all the same guy metaphorically speaking. Anyone who kills innocent people whether they are black, gay, Jewish, or non group based like shoppers, movie goers or students, it’s all hate based and comes from that same dark source within them. So essentially they are all the same, selfish, mad murderers who operate from darkness and evil. Moo.

There is a great big target on many people in the US. Native Americans, blacks, those from Mexico and Central American, Muslims, and LGBTQ. Women as well.

Why people are so soul sick that they have to have hatred in their hearts is beyond me.

And make no mistake. Those that pretend to be tolerant and not prejudiced are as transparent as glass. They are not fooling anyone but their own selves

Some people have horror in their own lives and learn empathy. Other react with hate because of their inner pain.

The people with hate in their hearts are hurting .

We need better parents. Schools that teach problem solving rather than using shame and punishment.

How to stop the inner pain of people?

There is a great big target on many people in the US. Natuve Americans, blacks, those from Mexico and Cemtra American, Muslims, a d LGBTQ. Women as well.

Why people are so soul sick that they have to have hatred in their hearts is beyond me.

And make no mistake. Those that pretend to be tolerant and not prejudiced are as transparent as glass. They are not fooling anyone but their own selves

Some people have horror in their own lives and learn empathy. Other react with hate because of their inner pain.

The people with hate in their hearts are hurting .

We need better parents. Schools that teach problem solving rather than using shame and punishment.

How to stop the inner pain of people?

See what gets me is that there is pain within all of us. We allll feel anger, hurt, whatever it is...but the difference is we don’t go shoot innocent people. No matter how angry we get. This is the difference I think.

I think there’s a dark sickness within these people, as there are with other killers, people who rape and kill people, etc. There haaas to be, jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back