Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists

@neesaki Did you ever read the book or see the movie Rebecca? My ex’s wife went after me online (impersonating me sometimes!) and reading that book gave me a clue to her psyche.
Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier? If so that is one of my very favorite books, the movie was good too, but I love the book! But I don’t remember many details, I need to read it again.

It's little known but entirely true that the last four words of the title were what Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" was originally called.

Speaking of Rebecca and writing novels about creepy people, sort of, trolls and bullies make for excellent story-telling. My NaNoWriMo novel is filled with my most recent adventure in being stalked. And all the posts they made about me? Hoo boy - smart of me to have documented everything - it's great for my total word count. Just gotta remember to change the names. ;)

Also OT: Anyone thinking about trying NaNoWriMo I say go for it! It's challenging and fun. Not too late to get started!
National Novel Writing Month

Most trolls I came across and found out who they are were people lost in space, frustrated, lonely, lazy, pathetic individuals. Those "I'm 30+ but still living in mommy's basement" kind of people. They're too lazy to put their own lives on the right track, so they try to drag down others to feed their miserable egos. If you don't let them get to you then it's pretty easy to deal with them. Their weak point is exactly where they try to hurt you, usually.

Too bad people feed them on every news article I see. Even if they know that they are answering a troll. The best weapon against them is total ignorance. In the end they want our reaction, and if we gibe them any level of attention, we become part of their sick game.

Most trolls I came across and found out who they are were people lost in space, frustrated, lonely, lazy, pathetic individuals. Those "I'm 30+ but still living in mommy's basement" kind of people. They're too lazy to put their own lives on the right track, so they try to drag down others to feed their miserable egos. If you don't let them get to you then it's pretty easy to deal with them. Their weak point is exactly where they try to hurt you, usually.

Too bad people feed them on every news article I see. Even if they know that they are answering a troll. The best weapon against them is total ignorance. In the end they want our reaction, and if we gibe them any level of attention, we become part of their sick game.

Very true. One of my longtime online stalkers "attempted" suicide when he ran out of road with his scams and his scam partner turned on him. Also a lot of social media platforms have clamped down on security measures because online tools are so useful to trolls and scammers.

Not "feeding" the troll is the only way to go. These types live for any attention thrown their way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back