Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

I just read that supplement note that was posted! I haven't followed this for long, so can you 'spell it out' re. who the 'writer' referred to is who shouldn't share the fibre match and what this means? Thanks.

I'm guessing it was a lower level agent who got tasked with paperwork and liaising with SCSO... no idea who specifically. But I always thought Garber was like a famous detective or something, so this blows my mind. Also his interview with Hart is really baffling... he was handed Heinrich on a silver platter and did basically nothing. I understand there was a pissing contest going on, but you'd think he'd just barge in and solve it if he had more clues than everyone else... but if he hid info from them just so they couldn't take the credit for solving it, that's a pretty low blow when a kid's life was on the line.

You know whats kinda of eerie.. If you look at Google Earth and go to the property Jacob's remains were found at, you will see its the EXACT date of the Google Earth image. In fact you can see the authorities vehicles on the tree line, the exact three that are shown in the case files.
Wow, that is beyond eerie! No words...

Maybe they wanted to intimidate someone.
They couldn't be this incompetent could they?
This is all the more reason to release all the files including the FBI ones so that we can know what the heck was going on . That was why the law was written. So things like this do not happen. Keeps the authorities honest knowing that the files will be made public when the case was solved....
Maybe this is the reason why they did not want the case solved.

Executive Order 13526
Sec 1.7
"Classification Prohibitions and Limitations. (a) In no case shall information be classified, continue to be maintained as classified, or fail to be declassified in order to:
(1) conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error;
(2) prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency;
(3) restrain competition; or
(4) prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of the national security."

It sounds like there is a serious issue with egos in the FBI and sherriff offices. If that snippet is true, how in the heck could Garber have kept that a secret all these years? I thought he was a 'good guy'. ????

A family endured agony for 27 years and someone had the answer but didn't want someone else to get credit for it. WTF

And it's right in our own backyard.
Executive Order 13526
1+3+5+2+6=17=Q

Sec 1.7
1.7=17=Q

"Classification Prohibitions and Limitations. (a) In no case shall information be classified, continue to be maintained as classified, or fail to be declassified in order to:
(1) conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error;
(2) prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency;
(3) restrain competition; or
(4) prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of the national security."

Executive Order Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption | The White House

I went out last night at 8:30pm to 9;15pm and it was really dark out. I can't understand why these kids were out on a road going to a store at this time of night? And on a road that did not have no street lights even. Unbelievable! I think someone has to say it. Child endangerment?
If they were my kids I sure would absolutely never allow them to go out at this time of night. No way O'Malley.
Where was this party that the parents went to? Jacob was going to babysit? 11 years old? My parents always had our grandmother watch over us when they went out when I was this age.
How come they didn't plan before hand before they left or the party. They did order a pizza to keep them busy for the night. But they did not have any videos to watch that they had at their house?
To take off to go to get a video at a local store at this time at night just don't make sense.

Jacob was one of the first child abduction cases that was all over the media since the Lindburg baby kidnapping. It was an innocent time in a rural area. Most parents were not aware that the world had changed and there were very real monsters roaming the countryside, not just Frankinstien and Wolfman from the movies at the drive in. I wandered 400 acres of woods at 11 years old and would stay out as long as a week at a time with a canteen and a small canvas pack loaded with peanut butter sandwiches. Had I not, I would not be the track expert I am today.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

If you look a couple pages back, there are links to articles and a press conference where the county sheriff admitted the investigation missed some clues about the killer and they felt very badly about it. They made their apologies to the Wetterling family and the public. But, unfortunately, nothing would have changed the outcome for Jacob. I can't see how they would have been able to get tire track and shoe prints from the crime scene, then somehow track him down to the murder site all in the space of about an hour or so.

Wetterling case files released

Excerpt from the link above:

"Sheriff Gudmundson noted that documents chronicled how imprints from Heinrich's tennis shoes and tires from his vehicle matched those recovered from the Wetterling kidnapping scene. He shared a laundry list of reasons that Danny Heinrich should have been the main suspect:

• Was in the military and was known to wear camouflage
  • Had been documented as a known liar
  • Heinrich's Mercury Topaz matched description in Cold Spring sexual assault
  • Tires on Heinrich's vehicle matched tire tracks at the Wetterling scene
  • Shoe prints matched those at Wetterling scene
  • Heinrich failed polygraph examination
  • Heinrich had photos of children and lied about how he obtained them
  • Heinrich had portable police scanner, as described by Cold Spring victim
  • Heinrich evaded surveillance attempts like a guilty person would
  • Voice in multiple cases described as deep and raspy
  • Friend Duane Hart spotted a black ninja suit in Heinrich's bedroom as described by a Paynesville victim
  • Heinrich asked friend Hart how to get rid of a body
"He fits the composite almost to a T," Gudmundson said, sounding exasperated at the task force's repeated failure to identify Heinrich as a main suspect, if not their only one."

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Osawald, I'll make this easy. Do you personaly have information that indicates that individuals other than Heinrich were directly involved in Jacobs abduction and murder, or is this speculation on your part?

<modsnip - reference was removedd>

Exactly how did Heinrich know where Jacob was and why would he confess to live his life in prison?

It seems to me that there may be religious prejudice involved or racial prejudice.

Jerry was head of the NAACP and he had friends from other cultures.

St. Cloud has been the subject of several articles on issues of prejudice

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you see the tombstone of Jacob?
How about the symbols on the headstone?
Symbols mean alot and most of the time they convey more than what the people who used them want us to know. But they can't help themselves.

Respectfully snipped for space.

The two symbols on Jacobs headstone are the Baha'i faith symbol and an equal armed cross, sometimes called the peaceful cross or Greek cross.

What are you alluding to regarding these symbols?

30 years ago tonight, right around this very moment, Jacob was taken away in front of his terrified brother and friend. Less than an hour and a half later he would be gone forever. For what? A few fleeting moments of perverse pleasure by a selfish and deranged man? It still makes me sick to my stomach. May Jacob RIP and may his killer never know a day’s peace for as long as he continues to draw breath!

Three decades, and the answer was right there. So what if some folks think LE and the FBI weren't on point with regard to this investigation. Please share all the ways they were, including digging up Dan Rassier's farm.

Can anyone direct me to a link where I can download the complete released Wetterling files? I found bits and pieces, but not everything. Sorry if this is already posted here somewhere. Thanks!

Can anyone direct me to a link where I can download the complete released Wetterling files? I found bits and pieces, but not everything. Sorry if this is already posted here somewhere. Thanks!

has anyone dowloaded and posted anywhere? My understanding is you have to get it directly from the Sheriff’s office.

if you get and download or find a link, please let us know

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back