Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-year-old Darnell Gray found dead in Jefferson City

JEFFERSON CITY - The search for 4-year-old Darnell Gray has reached a tragic end.

He was found on Tuesday around noon in Jefferson City, in an area that had been identified but not previously searched, according to Jefferson City Police Lt. David Williams.

“Foul play was not suspected until we found Darnell’s body,” Williams said.

He said the way Darnell died was "not of his own accord," but did not announce a cause of death.

“There’s not a lot of things we could say,” Williams said.

Darnell had been reported missing since last Thursday morning, and his caregiver said she last saw him Wednesday between 11 p.m. and midnight.

Garrett Bergquist‏ @GarrettKRCG13
Law enforcement still in the 1100 block of Buena Vista Street, where Darnell Gray was last seen .@KRCG13

DqyTdI0U4AAazWt.jpg

2:22 PM - 30 Oct 2018

Kyreon Lee‏Verified account @KyreonKRCG13
Kyreon Lee Retweeted Garrett Bergquist

BREAKING NEWS: Lt. David Williams said the body of 4-year-old Darnell Gray was found just before noon.

Kyreon Lee added,

DqyHkSYV4AAwU1B.jpg

Garrett Bergquist @GarrettKRCG13
Lt. David Williams announces Darnell Gray was found dead just before noon .@KRCG13
1:38 PM - 30 Oct 2018 from Jefferson City, MO

Meghan Lane‏Verified account @MeghanKRCG13
BREAKING: This makes me sick. Such a heartbreaking ending.

OLrok9-c

1:37 PM - 30 Oct 2018

OH NOOOOOO!!!
I have not read anything yet... I had an overly emotional afternoon, evening and morning with my oldest son because of one of his friends had a major medical emergency... life or death... I am just now popping in to check up on Hazana, Darnell & Jayme.... when I see “FOUND DECEASED” on little man Darnell’s thread.... I am just sick.... I don’t know if I have anymore tears for today... my heart aches.... I am going to read now...

Darnell - Go find Ethan... he will teach you everything you need to know about heaven. He has lots of friends up there too. His Grandma & Grandpa are there with him and they love to go on adventures with him. He loves Spongebob but you can tell him all about the Black Panther! Give him a high 5 and some knuckles from his mom, dad & brothers! Tell him we love him forever & ever & always! Thank you Darnell! Love you too little guy! High 5 kiddo!

;)

The amount of detail given when reporting his disappearance, including the items with him, was not as good of a sign as one would hope. It makes me wonder how close to his home he was found and if that's why they aren't releasing his location.

If it is where the police had blocked off this afternoon, it’s around 4 miles or so away from his home.

OH NOOOOOO!!!
I have not read anything yet... I had an overly emotional afternoon, evening and morning with my oldest son because of one of his friends had a major medical emergency... life or death... I am just now popping in to check up on Hazana, Darnell & Jayme.... when I see “FOUND DECEASED” on little man Darnell’s thread.... I am just sick.... I don’t know if I have anymore tears for today... my heart aches.... I am going to read now...

Darnell - Go find Ethan... he will teach you everything you need to know about heaven. He has lots of friends up there too. His Grandma & Grandpa are there with him and they love to go on adventures with him. He loves Spongebob but you can tell him all about the Black Panther! Give him a high 5 and some knuckles from his mom, dad & brothers! Tell him we love him forever & ever & always! Thank you Darnell! Love you too little guy! High 5 kiddo!

;)
Prayers to you and your son and his friend. I hope all will be ok.

Jefferson City police find missing 4-year-old boy's body
Authorities went over everything that was told to them from the first time they were alerted to Darnell's disappearance, including re-interviewing residents and knocking on doors of the homes of people with whom they had previously talked.

Calls offering support and tips came from Minneapolis, Chicago, Arkansas and other parts of the south.

Williams said the family had been cooperating with authorities during the search.

The community and members of Darnell Gray's family will hold a vigil tonight for their child.

Marianne Asher-Chapman, Co-Founder of Missouri Missing, who also helped the search for Gray, said Tuesday that a vigil was quickly being organized and will be held at Washington Park at 6:30 p.m., in the parking lot across from the ice rink where searchers had met each day.

Williams said he notified Darnell’s mother himself, and that other family members of Darnell’s were upset by the boy's death.

“If they were not upset,” Williams said, “then they need to look at themselves in the mirror.”

They know exactly who did this. Someone isn’t upset or surprised at this outcome

Williams said he notified Darnell’s mother himself, and that other family members of Darnell’s were upset by the boy's death.

“If they were not upset,” Williams said, “then they need to look at themselves in the mirror.”

They know exactly who did this. Someone isn’t upset or surprised at this outcome

BBM - I too found that to be a very pointed comment.

Oh no. Not this again to a sweet little child. Almost unbearable to read this news.

Each time, each and every time, I cast hope out as far as I can that this one case will be different. Sometimes, the children are located and are safe. Sometimes.

I, along with many others, was hoping that little Darnell would be found safe, that he would join the small group of missing children who are located alive.

Darnell, you should be here, playing and happy and laughing. I am so sorry that you are not.

Wonderful little Darnell, how I wish that you had been with people who loved you like the treasure you are. The way all children are to be loved and treasured.

Your bright light will shine forever in the hearts of kind and loving people.

Rest in Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member